April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Skincare - Face - Neostrata - clarifying lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetfreckels

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used at night and I love how my face feels in the morning soft and hydrated. It does not over dry my combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by lopott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this might be an interesting change of pace from benzoyl peroxide and other nefarious but effective acne fixes, particularly since I had read a few journal articles discussing the use of 2-4% niacinamide for sebum excretion reduction. And it was, but only in a terrible way. The first week was comprised of equal parts insane itching, insane dryness, and a delightful flourish of miniature whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin and all along my mouth. Now since I cannot seem to find any negative press on niacinamide cream, perhaps I am an outlier and this product is just not for me. Based on my experience and how I needed to put polysporin on my face to assist me in a return to baseline, I wouldn't throw this product at my worst enemy. But that is my unique experience and we all have different genes and environments and tolerances so take my opinion for what it's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by kitrina66

Lemme start out with the tiny negatives, which are the texture it quite thick at first Espically for acne lotions and it smells a lil funky. But overall I've seen a huggggge improvement in my skin after going off birth control my skin freaked out in a way it never had before like 4-5 deep zits at a times at its worst around chin/mouth area! I havent had any bad zits since! I've been using it almost 2 months now very happy with it! I also use the matching face wash! Fantastic !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by greycardigan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my go-to products when my acne flares up and I need a reliable product that will guaranteed calm it down and won't break me out further.

It comes in a little 30 ml tube, however you only need a thin layer for it to be effective. It soaks in completely after about 10 - 15 minutes. I find that it can be used in the morning if I have a good amount of time to put my make-up on, but I prefer to use it at night.

I paid $30 at Shopper's Drug Mart, however if you really need a product that will help calm your acne down I highly recommend it! If you have hormonal acne, it won't clear your face completely, but you will see a good improvement.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this moisturizer, reading all the positive reviews, and Neostrata is a high quality brand, well..don't believe the hype.. :/

I'm really disappointed with this moisturizer, first of all I wish it would say for what skin type it's really for, because it only says it's for acne skin..that doesn't help much. It should say weather it's for oily or dry etc.

I have very oily skin, I purchased this TINY 30mL $30 moisturizer because I wanted a daytime moisturizer that would help with acne/keep my skin clear but also moisturize well.
Well...this really disappointed me. I was almost shocked because again everyone raves about Neostrata.. seriously, not that good.. :/ but I had to find out for myself.

First of all, when I apply this, it's very slippery, so a little dot of this product goes a very long way, then after I've applied it, first my face feels moisturized heavily, then a minute later I start feeling greasy, then I start sweating(I'm dead serious)..I look into the mirror and my face is a greasy as heck..the moisturizer is running down my face.
I don't get how this is supposed to help with sebaceous filaments, blackheads and clearing up acne..that's a huge statement, pick one at least! but this just made me 20x oilier than I really am! I mean I'm oily..but I don't have oil running down my face, I literally had to wipe off this moisturizer off my face because it was so greasy and oily it felt like it was melting on me. I can't explain it better than that..that's exactly what was happening.

I've never felt a moisturizer like this before..I also hate drugstores because you can't return this product if it's been used, you have to call them, which they would prob. want you to send it to them...blah blah blah in short, you would have to end up paying for shipping/and the packaging..not acceptable. Canada Post is really pricey..I already paid enough for this crappy moisturizer.

And Lastly, this moisturizer clogs the heck out of me, I see blackheads where I have never seen before, all over my chin area, on the sides of my cheeks! omg! I'm def. not using this anymore, it's making my whole skin 100x worse than it was to begin with....unbelievable..
very disappointing with this moisturizer and Neostrata, after using this product I am turned off by the brand and the rest of their skincare products. I def. don't want to try anything else by them.
I don't know how it managed to work for other people, maybe they have dry skin, I also did use this with BP and another acne treatment...still got the same results.

I will def. not repurchase this, if it was the last moisturizer on earth. I do not recommend this to anyone.
Highly disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by mariyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An amazing moisturiser for acne-prone skin! Super hydrating, easily absorbed, and a really nice texture.

I use this lotion in the morning after my 10% glycolic lotion and the result have been wonderfully. I'm breaking out less, and in the event I do (which is now a rare occurrence), my blemishes are so small and minute they disappear over night with a small application of BP.

I also love how this lotion has a stabilized form of vitamin c and niacinamide! I think both elements have contributed to my good skin as of late.

Love this and will continue to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by katt345

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product on sale without much hope. I have tried every acne product and they all dry my skin out and make my acne look worse. This product, however, was amazing!! It dried out all the oil in my skin and balanced moisture where it needed to. I have very fair, very sensitive skin that can be very dry and oily in the tzone. I am starting to get fine lines and acne, and this treated both.

This is the only product that I have had success using to treat cystic acne pimples (the really big ones under the skin). It shrinks them considerably.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Mkm5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe there aren't more ratings for this product! It is fantastic! I have struggled with acne and sensitive skin for years and most products were so harsh on my skin, that they ended up making my acne worse. I have tried everything; proactive, many other benzoyl peroxide products, salicylic acid, neutrogena rapid clear, specto jel spot treatments....and more. This product beats them all! I actually havent had a major breakout since i started using it, and usually I have one or two breakouts a month (hormonal). My pores are noticeably smaller, my skin is much less spotty from leftover scaring and my skin feels so smooth. I use a very small amount every night and just pat it on my face and neck. I think anyone who has problems with sensitive skin and acne should definitely give this product a try, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by coldshoulders

I was worried that my sensitive skin would react to this product, although I have had good experiences with other neostrata products so I gave it a try. I started it in the middle of a horomonal breakout, and I can't say that it helped much innitially. It took me about a week to see any difference in my skin. Now, three weeks later my skin is looking pretty acne free. I apply a thin layer after washing my face every night. I then apply the neostrata level 3 smoothing cream. Package is a simple tube, product is thick with a nice grapefruit smell. If it keeps my skin looking like this I will buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

I figured I would add this review since I couldn't find it on here. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here with this product, as it is newer but my experience was awful. Within 24 hours of using this, I broke out in small red bumps all over my cheeks, it was awful. I know it was this stuff because it was the only change I had made to my skin care routine. I also NEVER break out on my cheeks so this was definitely out of the ordinary for me. Just thought I'd warn those out there that might react to this product like I did. Also curious to hear other peoples experiences with this stuff. Obviously won't be repurchasing.