October 2, 2014 | 1702 users online

Skincare - Body - Kirkland Costco Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product! If you're going to buy a basic lotion to have around, keep by the shower or sink, this is a great option. The price is amazing and it works pretty well, as good or better than most regular body lotions at WalMart. I think it feels really nice going on, light and rapidly absorbed but silky smooth too. If you have extremely dry skin, you might not find this moisturizing enough and may need a heavy duty or thicker lotion. I like the light melon/cucumber smell. My husband uses on his hands and has never complained about the smell.
In Canada, the package says "Made in Canada". Not sure what the American one is like and I wonder if it is different and this accounts for different reviews?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Dreamweaver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using high-end body lotions for years and never thought a discount body lotion could possibly compete. Boy, was I wrong! I was spending the weekend with friends and forgot to pack body lotion. One of my friends had her bottle of Kirkland and let me use it. Amazing stuff! It's moisturizing without leaving me feeling like an oil slick and the scent is soft (cucumber, I think) that fades quickly. As soon as I ran out of my usual, I headed to Costco to purchase this. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this body lotion. The smell is great, it doesn't irritate my skin, and it absorbs into the skin without feeling greasy. The packaging is a little ugly (but I guess that's why it's cheap). It really prevents my skin from getting itchy and dry like it does in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I'm gonna get this out of the way first because people seem to be nit-picking on it.
Do I have an issue with the scent of this product? No not at all, it has a fresh cucumber-ish scent that isn't very strong at all, and it REALLY does NOT last at all.

Now, onto the stuff that actually matters about this body lotion.
It's cheap, you get two containers with pumps that contain 650ml in each bottle. That's a lot of product, and I think I paid max 10$ CAD. It isn't very greasy at all, at first it feels a little bit on the greasy side, but when you rub it in, and it's absorbed by the skin it just feels like beautifully hydrated skin. It has a nice slip when being applied, which makes it easy to get on and rub into the skin.

Now the parts that I LOVE about this product!!

It's paraben-free and does NOT test on animals!
So, you can have a clean conscience and keep your skin hydrated at the same time.
I would recommend this, and I personally will be repurchasing!
Love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by kmarracco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love everything about this lotion, but I just cannot take the smell! The smell is awful, and it's just way too overpowering and perfumey,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! Not sure why everyone is complaining about the smell! To me the scent is light and fresh and reminds me of a freshly cut cucumber. It fades quickly anyway but I really like it! It is a little greasy at first but does not last long at all. I'm a simple girl and I love this simple but effective product :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Everything is perfect about this product: the price, the packaging, the paraben-free/100% pure plant extract formula, and the fact that it truly delivers 24 hours of moisture (I use it on my body after showering). However, the smell just kills it for me. It's not strong or horrible, but it just smells fake. I would've prefered a non-scented product, and it seems counterproductive to add a scent to something that's supposedly derived from 100% pure plant extracts. If Costco reformulated this lotion so that it had no added fragrance, I'd probably repurchase. I switched back to Cetaphil cream because I couldn't stand the smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by adrajana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this lotion today and I like it! It is just a little greasy, but not so much that I can't sit down to my keyboard right after I put it on.

... But can someone please tell me how to make the pump work?!?! I have tried unscrewing, twisting, pushing, pulling and to no avail. Help?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Susisu

Sadly I wanted to like this. The price is right. The ingredients are right. I love the simple white bottle too! And the lotion itself feels pretty good on the skin. Nice slip, easy to use, soaks in well. But like other people here, I too couldn't get past the smell. I ended up giving one away, since it came in a two pack. As for the other, I dosed it with a lot of lemon essential oil and put it in my kitchen as a kitchen hand lotion. Even with the lemon oil, the strange smell is still there, faintly! I guess buying in bulk is sometimes too good to be true. Still a huge Costco fan, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by pcpatticakes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a GREAT lotion, and I've used a lot of different ones. Don't know what some of the others have to say about the scent....it is clearly melon. Very soft and suttle. Has glycerine which is recommended in a lotion. Love how it is absorbed, and not heavy or greasy feeling. Wish I could buy it on line so as to send to my son in Utah!