Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System

3.9

on 7/28/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I have phymatous rosacea, which causes my skin to thicken with associated sebaceous gland hyperplasia that leaves large bumps on my face. My dermatologist will burn the lumps off with acid at $50 per lump, but they just grow right back. I find the only thing that keeps everything in check during a flareup is frequent microdermabrasion. Otherwise my skin puffs up and thickens. And my pores become huge, and makeup slides right off. I have a Clarisonic, and it just wasn't doing it, so I tried the Neutrogena system two nights ago and it is amazing. Honestly I like it better than my Clarisonic. (Why doesn't Clarisonic offer an exfoliating attachment similar to this??) The vibration was much stronger than my Clarisonic, even on the low setting, and my skin felt wonderful afterwards, and still felt smooth the first morning. I used it again last night and this morning even my lumps were much smaller and not as noticeable. I bought mine at cvs, it was $25.99 and I had a $6 extra bucks coupon. But its $11.99 prime shipping at Amazon right now, a great price!!

on 6/25/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This was money well spent. I decided to give this a try after my regular scrub (St Ives) wasn't getting the dead dry skin off my face as well as I wanted. It works so well and doesn't negatively affect my sensitive skin. I only use it once every other week. When I used St Ives I had to use it every couple of days. I think I might start using this on my feet. :)

on 4/5/2015 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I used this in the past and was not blown away with any results.
I find that exfoliating my skin with a scrub either weekly or every other night works the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love it!!! I use it once a week when I just can't figure out what else to do with my skin lol. But seriously it is a recommended addition to your beauty routine. Smoother and softer skin! And it helps to soothe and get rid of acne! (Use it right before bedtime :) I love it!)

on 8/16/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago I bought Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System for about $20.00 Wow,
the results are amazing. I am 59 years old and my skin is like butter. I use Roc Retinol
at night, AHA from Walgreen in the day under my make-up ( along with Vit C Serum) and this Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
twice a week. I use it on high for 7 minutes. You get used to it. The first 2 months were hell. My skin was red and broke
out a bit from it. Why I stuck with it I’m not sure but boy am I glad I did. WRINKLES DISAPPEAR...I look in the mirror at my skin and just whisper
“Miracle”. I’m too poor for plastic surgery...but this is working for me. On the days I use this kit I do not use AHA. It stings too much.
I used to have to wait a day to look great after I used the kit...but now same day is cool. I am so bright! I love the product. I re-use pads one time and then throw away,
so the refill pads lasts me forever. I will never give this product up.

This is probably a hit and miss.

Got this on sale for $24 at Shoppers Drug mart, I am aware that you are only suppose to exfoliate your face once or twice a week.

Whenever I use it, it feels so good, like a gentle yet thorough massage on the face. After I finish, I look all squeaky clean, it also feels a bit tight but in a good way. However, the following day I notice that my face becomes flaky and red blotches start to come out and it stays for a week. It literally looks like over exfoliated skin from doing it everyday for weeks.

I think the pad or the formula in it is too harsh.

on 5/22/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great little at home microdermabrasion system. I pad about $20.00 dollars for my system and the refill pads are affordable. It's easy to use. Simply attach a pad to the machine, wet your face, and gently let the machine buff your face. I don't use mine all the time, because I have very sensitive skin. I use it more as a boost once in a while to get rid of the dead skin. It leaves your skin feeling super smooth.

Edit: I've discovered the more I use this, the more I have to use it. I'm starting to believe the philosophy that exfoliating creates micro-calluses that cause you to have to exfoliate even more. Gently cleansing with a cleansing cloth or wash cloth will remove any dead cells that are ready to come off. If you're use to heavy exfoliation, it will take a little while for your skin to normalize, but eventually it will get back to normal.

on 4/26/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this after a friend recommended it. I have to say that I love this! I would rather the pads not include any kind of cleanser due to the fact that I use my own and I don't know what's in them! I use it with my neutrogena naturals face and body bar , and only use this twice a week because I'm 18 and because things like this can irritate and overwhelm skin if used too often. It gives my skin a glow and I have noticed it taking out pimples right upon use ! I only use the low setting because the pads are abrasive and I don't want to scratch up my face. Overall I'm very happy with this product. (Also, they say to use a fresh pad every time but I feel like id rather keep the same one for a few uses so the cleanser inside it goes away.. At least that's how I've been doing it)

on 4/25/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to LOVE this Neutrogena Microdermabrasion Kit and for the first few uses- I did. Until I noticed clogged pores, white heads, and cystic like bumps forming on my cheeks, jaw, and the sides of my nostrils. This kit was the ONLY thing I added to my regimen – and I believe the Sodium Laureth Sulfate and the Citric Acid in the pads are what caused this reaction with my skin.

I have acne-prone skin that tends to be oily and can be sensitive when it wants to be bratty. So, perhaps you’re thinking: “You had no business using a product like this anyway.” But who can blame a girl, whom is in love with skincare, for trying a microdermabrasion kit; especially after reading and viewing the beneficial effects of it. So, for $19 I tried it. I used it PROPERLY (the suggested time/using a fresh puff every use). I experienced it. And the result was the massacre I described in the paragraph above. To remedy this HORRIFIC breakout I went off the rails crazy; trying this mask, that wash, this acne kit, that amazing acne clearing scrub, oh-yes the wonderful home remedies. The stress, constant change of products and roughness with my skin resulted in the same clogged catastrophe but now I have discoloration due to being lightly burned by the acne kit (*whispers*AcneFree 24 Hr Clearing System) I used. After calming myself and creating and consistently using a regimen that works efficiently for my skin(and halting use of this product) my skin is 100% clear of any pimple, cyst, or clogged pore and the discoloration/marks are almost all faded (the few that are left are red marks).

Despite the aforementioned, the product is very professional for $19- the hand held device, the 12 coarse rejuvenating puffs housed in their clear container and its overall appearance is clean and approachable. It’s very easy-to-use and the instructions are straightforward. Also, the head creates a vibration rather than a spinning motion.

I can totally rock with Neutrogena- but, unfortunately, this didn’t work for me.

on 3/27/2014 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been using this product for over 3 weeks now, twice a week. So far im loving the result, it brightens my face a bit and my skin feels really soft and clean after every use. I notice it gives my face a glowing effect as well! Sometimes i even use this to my Underarms (im not sure if this is recommended or not :/ ) and it left my underarms smooth and i loved it!

The only problem is that my skin gets oily the day after usage (i have a dry-combination skin) im not sure why, so my make up tends to be cakey a bit. But it goes normal again in the day after. Other than that, i think this is a great product i would definitely continue using this.

Popular Face Skincare Products