December 18, 2014 | 1746 users online

Skincare - Face - Neutrogena - Microdermabrasion System

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkie025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it!!! I use it once a week when I just can't figure out what else to do with my skin lol. But seriously it is a recommended addition to your beauty routine. Smoother and softer skin! And it helps to soothe and get rid of acne! (Use it right before bedtime :) I love it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Fair9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

6 months ago I bought Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System for about $20.00 Wow,
the results are amazing. I am 59 years old and my skin is like butter. I use Roc Retinol
at night, AHA from Walgreen in the day under my make-up ( along with Vit C Serum) and this Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
twice a week. I use it on high for 7 minutes. You get used to it. The first 2 months were hell. My skin was red and broke
out a bit from it. Why I stuck with it I’m not sure but boy am I glad I did. WRINKLES DISAPPEAR...I look in the mirror at my skin and just whisper
“Miracle”. I’m too poor for plastic surgery...but this is working for me. On the days I use this kit I do not use AHA. It stings too much.
I used to have to wait a day to look great after I used the kit...but now same day is cool. I am so bright! I love the product. I re-use pads one time and then throw away,
so the refill pads lasts me forever. I will never give this product up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sunnysideuprae4

This is probably a hit and miss.

Got this on sale for $24 at Shoppers Drug mart, I am aware that you are only suppose to exfoliate your face once or twice a week.

Whenever I use it, it feels so good, like a gentle yet thorough massage on the face. After I finish, I look all squeaky clean, it also feels a bit tight but in a good way. However, the following day I notice that my face becomes flaky and red blotches start to come out and it stays for a week. It literally looks like over exfoliated skin from doing it everyday for weeks.

I think the pad or the formula in it is too harsh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great little at home microdermabrasion system. I pad about $20.00 dollars for my system and the refill pads are affordable. It's easy to use. Simply attach a pad to the machine, wet your face, and gently let the machine buff your face. I don't use mine all the time, because I have very sensitive skin. I use it more as a boost once in a while to get rid of the dead skin. It leaves your skin feeling super smooth.

Edit: I've discovered the more I use this, the more I have to use it. I'm starting to believe the philosophy that exfoliating creates micro-calluses that cause you to have to exfoliate even more. Gently cleansing with a cleansing cloth or wash cloth will remove any dead cells that are ready to come off. If you're use to heavy exfoliation, it will take a little while for your skin to normalize, but eventually it will get back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Raphaelachka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after a friend recommended it. I have to say that I love this! I would rather the pads not include any kind of cleanser due to the fact that I use my own and I don't know what's in them! I use it with my neutrogena naturals face and body bar , and only use this twice a week because I'm 18 and because things like this can irritate and overwhelm skin if used too often. It gives my skin a glow and I have noticed it taking out pimples right upon use ! I only use the low setting because the pads are abrasive and I don't want to scratch up my face. Overall I'm very happy with this product. (Also, they say to use a fresh pad every time but I feel like id rather keep the same one for a few uses so the cleanser inside it goes away.. At least that's how I've been doing it)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by prtyleprd90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to LOVE this Neutrogena Microdermabrasion Kit and for the first few uses- I did. Until I noticed clogged pores, white heads, and cystic like bumps forming on my cheeks, jaw, and the sides of my nostrils. This kit was the ONLY thing I added to my regimen – and I believe the Sodium Laureth Sulfate and the Citric Acid in the pads are what caused this reaction with my skin.

I have acne-prone skin that tends to be oily and can be sensitive when it wants to be bratty. So, perhaps you’re thinking: “You had no business using a product like this anyway.” But who can blame a girl, whom is in love with skincare, for trying a microdermabrasion kit; especially after reading and viewing the beneficial effects of it. So, for $19 I tried it. I used it PROPERLY (the suggested time/using a fresh puff every use). I experienced it. And the result was the massacre I described in the paragraph above. To remedy this HORRIFIC breakout I went off the rails crazy; trying this mask, that wash, this acne kit, that amazing acne clearing scrub, oh-yes the wonderful home remedies. The stress, constant change of products and roughness with my skin resulted in the same clogged catastrophe but now I have discoloration due to being lightly burned by the acne kit (*whispers*AcneFree 24 Hr Clearing System) I used. After calming myself and creating and consistently using a regimen that works efficiently for my skin(and halting use of this product) my skin is 100% clear of any pimple, cyst, or clogged pore and the discoloration/marks are almost all faded (the few that are left are red marks).

Despite the aforementioned, the product is very professional for $19- the hand held device, the 12 coarse rejuvenating puffs housed in their clear container and its overall appearance is clean and approachable. It’s very easy-to-use and the instructions are straightforward. Also, the head creates a vibration rather than a spinning motion.

I can totally rock with Neutrogena- but, unfortunately, this didn’t work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by chikanoka26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over 3 weeks now, twice a week. So far im loving the result, it brightens my face a bit and my skin feels really soft and clean after every use. I notice it gives my face a glowing effect as well! Sometimes i even use this to my Underarms (im not sure if this is recommended or not :/ ) and it left my underarms smooth and i loved it!

The only problem is that my skin gets oily the day after usage (i have a dry-combination skin) im not sure why, so my make up tends to be cakey a bit. But it goes normal again in the day after. Other than that, i think this is a great product i would definitely continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupavatar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is fantastic. I can't say how much I love this product. My skin felt totally smooth and soft after just one use, and my moisturizers are much more effective with it. I am so happy that Neutrogena formulated a decently-priced version of the Clarisonic face brushes (those prices just feel like highway robbery). I'm so happy with the Neutrogena version that I don't have a reason to try anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by alea0705

so I bought this to go with all of neutrogena s retinal cream and dark spot removal products as I still suffer from acne as an adult and scarring. worked great the first 2 times. .then it tore my skin up good. I didn't do anything differently I spaced my uses of this gy 3or 4 days. so I went down to once a week. makes my skin feel great and look good but the results do not last long term and I have been using this over a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Mimi7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I'm always skeptical of cheaper alternatives to expensive treatments but I think this one is great. I paid $20 for the brush and 3 refills (2 came free, it was a holiday set) so not a bad deal at all. You attach the puff, blue side up, to the head and massage it over your face for a few minutes; the box suggests 2-3 minutes or so for each section of your face. It does feel a little rough but you get used to it. There's two settings, low and high, and I use the low for each section then go over my whole face with the high setting for a minute then I rinse my face with cold water, as it feels really soothing and cooling after the rough pad. I use it about 2 times per week with at least 3 days in between as it's way too harsh to use every day. You really do see instant results; my face looks super clean and bright. It helps a lot with my post-acne pigmentation and flattening older bumps that just don't wanna go down. I would NOT recommend going over your active pimples with this because it'll pop and irritate it more so if you have severe acne or have a lot of active pimples at one time I wouldn't recommend this. I've never gotten real microderm so I can't say how it compares to that but I really like this and will continue to use it often! OH and you can totally use the puff twice (the third time the puff doesn't feel rough anymore so two is the most you can really get out of it), just make sure you run hot water over it to kills germs before using it the second time. I also recommend removing all your make up before using, I feel like this will just push it deeper in your pores rather than getting it off.