October 26, 2014 | 1229 users online

Moisturizers - L'Oreal - Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Golden Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Joogie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone oily, combination skin. I have always steered away from anything creamy or thick for obvious reasons. Now that I've hit my 40s, the oil free products I normally use are no longer cutting it in terms of hydration. I have also formed crows feet around my eyes as well as laugh and frown lines on my forehead.

I decided to try L'Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Golden Balm. I use it at night and it makes my skin feel soft and smooth. The lines diminish. I use it during the day if I plan to wear makeup. It helps to smooth out the lines. I don't always use it during the day because I usually slather on sunblock instead. I'm usually in a hot car or outdoors with my kids.

I have not broken out with this product. I apply sparingly on my nose (the oiliest part of my face). I apply more on every other part of my face. It does not cause problems with increasing the oil in my face as the day wears on. I don't feel that it messes up or cakes up my foundation.

I took a point off for the strong fragrance. It is not unpleasant... just strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Onaille

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 58 years old and my skin has become very dry and flakey. I had a coupon so I thought I would give this a try. I love this stuff. This is the only moisturizer that has gotten rid of my dry skin. I use it morning and night. My skin does not get greasy during the day like I thought might happen since this balm is so rich. It just gives my skin a dewy look. I wouldn't recommend anyone under the age of 40 or anyone who has normal to oily skin to use this product. This balm was developed for mature skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I think this is a beautiful cream. It deeply hydrates dry skin , and plumps up fine lines. It's one of the only creams that i have found that can keep my skin hydrated and soft all day, since starting retin-a. It has a luxurious, buttery consistency, and contains shea butter, royal jelly, beeswax, calcium and 10 essential oils to deeply nourish skin. And when i apply this to my dry, parched skin, it immediately feels soothed, comforted and plumped. Ahhhhhhhhhhh ........ nice. But all of this would mean nothing if it didn't last ... but luckily it does. It keeps my skin soft, hydrated and comfortable all day. It keeps my skin moist and plump, thereby preventing it from drying out and creating a million lovely little crinkles and lines. I hate those crinkles and lines. And this Golden Balm is serious medicine for my skin as far as those are concerned. Of course it can't erase deeper lines or turn back time, but it absolutely helps prevent lines and crinkles caused by dry, parched skin. I am so happy with this cream that I went out and purchased the Golden Balm Eye Cream today too. Hopefully I will be as impressed with the eye cream as I am with this one! :)

I also want to add, that the scent of this cream does not bother me at all. In fact, I have come to really like it ... it's florally and clean, and in a way very mentally therapuetic for me, because I have come to associate it with relief and comfort. So when I smell it, it just gives me good vibes and warm fuzzies. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Shaughnessybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being 19 years old and a huge makeup lover I ran into a huge problem when I would apply concealer no matter how many I tried it would make my under eyes look extremely dry and crepey making me look way older than I am. So I decided to try this and oh my goodness. HG EYE CREAM!!!! I hope this never gets discontinued. My undereyes look completely smooth and hydrated with this eye cream. It has worked absolute wonders for my eyes. I hope it never ever gets discontinued. Must purchase if you have extremely dry under eyes. I wear it day and night, even under makeup I don't think it's too thick or anything. It's awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Clarins discontinued my Hydraquench Rich cream and I honestly didn't think there was anything out there in the drugstore that would ever compare. I am always on the lookout for a really THICK cream. Think crisco. This is doing the job. It's sinking in just fine for me and it's pretty perfumey, but so is anything from Clarins. I got mine on sale and with a coupon for under $12, but I think it's worth the regular price too. It's working fine around the eyes also. My skin is very dry. I wouldn't think that anyone with combination skin or oilier would want to use such a product. It's just too thick and probably occlusive for some skin types. The only other moisturizing cream I have tried from the drugstore is the Eucerin Q10 one and this is sinking in much better than that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Foxysr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of my age . (67) so far after three months I am loving this cream. I do not find it to be greasy and I love how it makes my neck so smooth, chicken skin is all gone. I am starting to buy extra just in case this product ever goes away! But, I am sure L'oreal will only replace it with something as good if not better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the L'Oreal Golden Balm in a set with the Age Perfect Hydra Nutrition Daily Serum (see my separate review on that product). Although they provide decent moisture I am simply taken aback by the pungent smell of both of these items! The smell of both the cream and the serum are so sickeningly strong that no matter how good the products may be, I will use them up as quickly as I can because they were not cheap and move on to other options. Will never buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample size jar of this stuff at Walgreens. I lost my receipt otherwise I would have taken it back to the store. This cream is heavy, very heavy. It doesn't absorb well into the skin, it just feels like vaseline sitting on the surface of the skin. It also has a very strong smell that I could barely stomach. I used it on my face for about one week and I broke out badly. I think it is simply too oily and it clogged my pores. Whatever I had left in the jar I used on my heels because that is where it belonged!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I would not have bought this except for the fact that the drugstore had small sample jars in a display for about $6. So I tried it.

I think it moisturizes fine and makes my skin feel much more comfortable during the dry winter. But I can only use it at night because of the SMELL. It is annoying, though not overwhelming. I may try just using it on my neck and chest like over reviewers do.

Although I said I'd buy it again, there are a lot of other products I like more and would probably re-purchase sooner. Overall, I think it works fine, but I definitely recommend the sample size to see if the smell bothers you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was hesitant due to L';Oreal's penchant for fragranced skincare, but I took a small leap and bought a trial-sized little jar for $5.99. True, it is a tad odoriferous, but not to the point of irritating my sensitive neck. The vaseline-like consistency is soothing to the touch, and my neck and chest do feel and look smoother. (I haven't dared to try it on my even more sensitive facial skin yet.) So far, so good. I like it!