Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser

3.5

on 2/17/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have a sensitive and combined skin type. Aesop is the first plant-based brand I tried. However at first I find it is still a little irritating for a sensitive skin tpye. Firstly I used it with bare hands and water but it had little foam. I always enjoy clean my face with rich foam. So then I put the cleanser in a suds maker container from muji. That's when I find it good. With very densed foam and the parsley smell (some may find it horrible but I happen to like the natural plant smell), I started to like this product. With its price it is not a very cheap product but for a sensitive skin like mine, the most important thing is that it doesn't contain a lot of chemicals and safe for my skin.

on 2/15/2015 7:05:00 AM

This is a great cleanser its gentle yet effective. The consistency is a gel that has light foam when water is added. Its a great deep cleanser for combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. It helps brighten and slightly exfoliate since it contains lactic acid which is chemical exfoliant without the harsh particles. It also contains oils that can melt away dirt,oil even light makeup. The oils can help penetrate deep into the pores to help with clog pores. Oils are not bad for oily skin it will help deep cleanse and balance the skin. It does contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate as the second ingredient,but the added oils help slight reduce the dryness associated with SLS. I have tried many cleanser that claim to be deep cleansing without SLS or oils they did nothing or was not strong enough. Slight amount of SLS combined with oils work the best for clog pores and acne prone skin. Even though it contains oils it doesn't leave the skin oily no residue rinses off well. Since this is deep cleansing I treat it as a exfoliating cleanser so I use it about 2-3 times a week. This can be drying if used everyday.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser, after years of struggling with acne, I use this cleanser every night and it has completely cleared my skin up. Quite high foaming, feels like it's getting rid of all the makeup and dirt. My skin absolutely glows after using this, and I have had many compliments on my skin since I started using it. I have very dry skin and it doesn't feel like it's stripping my skin at all.

on 6/13/2014 3:35:00 AM

Smells herbal fresh and cleanses well, good for normal/oily skins. Very nice in the morning. Probably overpriced but it is Aesop. I love the aesthetic and smells of their products. ery nice in the morning.

on 2/16/2013 9:41:00 AM

I was recommended this cleanser for my combination skin and despite it's hefty price tag, I bought a 200ml bottle of it after several sampling sessions.

The parsley seed cleanser smells natural and herbal, which is so inviting in the morning. I like that it contains lactic acid and liquorice extracts, as it leaves my skin looking quite glowy and smooth. You can leave it on longer for better chemical exfoliation. Also, the rich anti-oxidant properties found in this cleanser are always nice to have, and would benefit the health of your skin.

Plus, the apothecary like bottle design looks sleek and modern in the bathroom! I personally would recommend this for oilier/combination skin and perhaps as a weekly deeper clean exfoliant for those with drier skin.

on 1/5/2013 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool

I was given a sample of this cleanser with another Aesop purchase, so cannot claim to have used it more than 3 times, however I agree with kaygal89's assertion that this is a cleanser for oily skins. The product smells lovely, and certainly removed all my makeup easily, however it left my complexion feeling a bit stripped and tight, even after a double application of moisturiser. Not for dry skins.

on 12/21/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the worst cleanser I have ever come across. I have had perfect clear, plump skin for 21 years and I've hardly had any break outs. However, immediately after using this Aesop Parsley Seed cleanser I broke out. I got pimples everywhere. At first I didn't know if it was because of other products I had also started using at the same time, so I went off the Aesop cleanser for a few weeks and my skin went a little better and then because of the price I paid I thought I might try it again and hopefully my skin would have had adjusted. However it just got worse. Again, it broke me out within a few hours of use. It's actually ridiculous. It enlarged my pores, broke me out with pimples, created little bumpy texture on my forehead. My skin has never been in this condition. The product is expensive (around $57AUD for 200ml) and I hate that it's just going to waste away in the jar.

So dissapointed with Aesop after it getting so many rave reviews.

on 9/21/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just started using this cleanser for a week now & so far my acne prone oily/combo skin is liking it. The smell is very botanical/fresh, a bit more overpowering than the other Aesop cleansers but its not unpleasant. This has lactic acid and AHA which gently exfoliates the skin, especially if you leave it on for a few minutes before washing off. Its a foaming cleasner but doesn't strip the skin or leave it feeling 'tight', altough it does make my skin slightly drier. This would work wonders for oily to very oily skin but may aggravate drier skins. So far I like this product & will contiue using it.