September 17, 2014 | 1950 users online

Skincare - Face - Olay - Pro-X Clear Acne Protocol

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is a mixed bag. I think it would work best for someone with dry skin. The cleanser is gritty, but also very light and moisturizing. If you're someone like me who needs something that is going to take off my pounds of makeup and oil, then this cleanser will not work for you very well. However, it is a nice scrub that won't actually hurt your ski or irritate it. The same goes for te acne treatment. I have mild acne, mostly when I'm PMSing, but the treatment did nothing for a huge zit I had on my chin. After several days I gave up and used my old neutrogenia spot treatment and the inflammation was gone in hours. The lotion,however is AMAZING! Well worth the money! In a week my skin was brighter and dark spots faded. My skin tone is finally even. The lotion is light enough for my oily skin and goes on like a serum. Actually, I'd you have dry skin it might be more like a serum for you, because I can't imagine it would moisturizing enough. Overall, I would buy the lotion again for sure and I might buy the cleanser again. I usually have success with all Olay cleanser. But the acne treatment was useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for awhile once a day. While it did help a bit with clearing up acne it left my skin really oily and irritated. Its not worth it for the price in my opinion. Definitely not good for those with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ellie702

Great product.... for winter use. my boscia line was a bit drying come winter. This stuff got rid of my acne my skin looked hydrated and pimple free. BUT come summer time my skin broke out and i have every reason to believe its bc of the cream cleanser it does not clean well during summer it's too gentle. i now know i require gel cleansers for the summertime....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm suddenly having serious skin problems that I've never had before. Growing up, reaching puberty, no pimples. Going through 20's, 30's and 40's, skin getting dry but no major problems. BOOM here comes age 50, menopause and a greeeeasy, oil spill, pimply disaster of a face. Not to mention the moustache. Ugh. Time to search for new products to manage the aging skin. Saw Olay Pro-X Clear at Walmart and decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. Didn't dry out my skin at all, despite using the products twice a day. My skin thankfully cleared up a little, but not completely. ANYTHING was an improvement so I'm not expecting miracles. First I use the Skin Clearing Complexion Renewing cleanser (why do they have to have such long names that make ridiculous promises?) My face doesn't look particularly renewed but it's definitely cleared up. Then I used a thin smear of the treatment lotion, pretty much all over my face, then the moisturizer, which is a gel. My only complaint is that the products are fragrance free. I like a strong clean scent with my facial products. All in all, I'm happy, at least I can go out of the house without looking like a pimply faced teenager with wrinkles, gray hair and a moustache.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Claire1747

Best acne product I have used!!! (And I have tried everything...murad, proactiv, neutrogena, clearasil, homemade natural products - the list goes on and on).

My skin is fairly sensitive and a little oily. I have always struggled with finding an acne product that moisturizes well... i.e. doesn't leave my skin over-moisturized and oily or too dry and tight-feeling. This product is perfect! After using all three steps my skin feels more balanced than it has ever before. (It also seemed to even out my skin tone very well)

I purchased it once and used all of it and then used other products for a while (it's a little expensive). Eventually, I had to start using it again because nothing else compares for me! I noticed that both times I started using it, my face broke out slightly (3-4 pimples) and then once those went away after a few days, my skin is perfect.

If you get this, definitely use it for at least a week before you make your judgement!

Note: I have pretty mild acne (mostly comes from touching my face too much or not washing my face) and my friend who has much worse acne tried this product and it did not work for her at all.

Pros: Leaves skin balanced, excellent control for mild acne, evens out blotchy skin tone, makes you look radiant!

Cons: slight worsening of acne at first (for me), need to buy an spf lotion (I got the normal olay one - $9 instead of $30 for the one that "goes with" this system), does not exfoliate.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by secretdreamer9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review on MUA! I have been using Olays acne line in conjunction with the little spinning brush cleanser (up until last week when I finally decided to purchase a Clarisonic MIA 2 bc I was VERY HAPPY with the Olay brush and wanted to compare it with the Mia). Anyway. I've had acne for years and years and since I started using Olays acne line along with the motorized brush, my skin has been the best it has EVER been. I think it's a combo of the products and the brush together as my face is really well exfoliated but the products don't dry me out. This year is the first time in my life (I'm 32) that I have confidently gone out of the house with no makeup. The fact I rarely bother with makeup anymore may be helping my situation as well. Anyway it takes a while (about two months or more) to go through the bottles so I find that it's not really that expensive, especially compared to many of the other regimens I have tried. I am very happy with this product. I might get tiny pimples now and then but NO MORE cysts! Everyone I know has commented on how much better my skin looks these days. It's great! I will continue using Olay's anti acne line.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by mariaNj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Olay-ProX clear SPF 15 - I tried this product for my very oily, acne prone skin hoping that it would be light enough and I tried it in Spring. Not good at all for my skin. Although it is light but it goes on sticky and shiny on my face. I have to put on some thing extra powder-like to get rid of sticky and shine afterwards. And too expensive for these kind of results! Won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by dasanchez04

Let me start off by saying like many I have tried many acne products. I have been to a dermatologist since I was 15 I am now 23. I don't go to my derm anymore bc I don't have insurance anymore. But most of the topicals and antibiotics that were prescribed to me worked really great! I never had the initial breakouts that most people get when I used these medicines. I was prescribed differin gel 0.1, clindamycin, tazorac, finaacea, avita and they all worked great! My skin was flawless. But with every acne story my skin got used to the meds and were not as effective as b4. My acne started to get bad again when I was 20and the products that I had laying around from my old meds I used again but were not effective. My skin got really dry and irritated. The meds were not working efficiently how they once had.
I didn't think my skin had changed at all I mean I'm still young and I was still trying to combat oilyness. I've tried the clean and clear system it did work ok but nothing great plus it did dry my skin; something I was not used to since I have had oily skin most of my teenage yrs. I was just tired of my acne and really wanted something that was goning to help with acne and hyperpigmentation! I read a ton of reviews on the olay system and heard great things so I decided to try it as well hoping for the same results. I have been using this product for 2 weeks and it is amazing! My skin does not feel dry or oily. My makeup goes on nice and my old spots are really fading. I don't have any current pimples on the surface and I believe it has to do with this product. I had a lot of problem on my front cheeks and forehead b4 I started this and the pimples dried up quickly when I used this. I use this twice a day and have had no problem. This product is reallly gentle on the skin. The only thing I dislike is the price and that the products are not sold seperately. I feel I will finish the cleanser first b4 the rest of the products. Everyones skin is different I would recommend this to anyone who is just tired of finding a solution to the problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product has got to be the worst purchase I have ever made in my life when it comes to beauty products. I have fair sensitive skin with few pimples. Just thought i would try it to help out the few pimples I get an its from olay so I trusted it.. I used to every day the way it was suppose to be used, kept at it because I know it said it may make you break out because it was drawling out all the gunk...my face has never been worse. I got cyst pimples everywhere!! I stopped using it i couldnt take it anymore. I sent in to get my money back...about 2 months ago..still nothing! My skin is still to this day horrible because of that CRAP!! I actually have scars from where the big cyst pimples were. Im so upset with the way my face is no. I have to wear coverup everday all day now to cover the scars. I never use to wear makeup everyday. Im 26. I could kick myself for buying this an NOT staying with Neutrogena like I always did! Never again will I buy a product from them! And still waiting on my money back!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by HoneyDipp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Been using this for about a month now, I LUV IT. u can definately notice a change in the break outs on my skin, maybe 2 new minor pimples, gone in about 2 days and it for sure fixed any previous bumps i had. As for clearing any dark spots this works great!! probably 2 weeks before purchasing this kit i got like 2-3 massive pimples and popped them and destroyed my face in one spot leaving 3 DARK, like REALLY DARK spots, after a short time of using the whole kit, but did use the 3rd step as my moisturizer under make up, so used it atleast 2 sometimes 3 times maybe a day, And the spots are now barely there couldn't be happier. I'm 25 and using this product, ive been getting zits constantly clean and clear, phisoderm, spectro gel, neutrogena the list goes on.....i don't think i've ever had such consistant improve with any other product. This is what works for me and im loving it!!!

So yes the price does suck and i did see the coupons on the website but didn't have ink to print :( but thats okay since it is working for me i'm okay with paying the full price.
And the packaging...... good lord they need to make the items in the box all available separately but the kit is a great starter, im just not thrilled that i will most likely always have lots of extra product left, bummer but i'm still buying. COMPLETELY SATISFIED!