Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner

3.4

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

I have this in Perfect Black, and that's about the only 'perfect' thing about it. The black is rich, inky, dark, and glides on a like a dream. Can be worked with, it doesn't dry too fast (some waterproof pencils are hard to smudge, this one comes with a smudger even)....
My beef is---this is NOT waterproof. Not even close. Not even a little bit. It migrates, no matter where I put it...and forget about having it hold up in rain, humidity, or tears. But, I got it for a great price in a gift set, so I'll use it up--I just won't repurchase.

on 4/1/2015 4:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

FOR REFERENCE: I have dark chocolate eyes, fair skin and blonde highlights weaving through my brown hair.

I would give this a 3.5 out of 5 lippies. I bought this eyeliner pencil in the shade ďPerfect Brown;Ē a nice, matte dark chocolate brown color. Instead of lining my eyes, I use eyeliner to smudge it with my ring finger for that subtle smokey eye effect, apply a few coats of volumizing mascara after that and BAM! Instant eye makeup lol! This eyeliner is pretty good for smudging but you have to quickly blend it as soon as you swipe it along your eyelid. One day, I lined my eyes before smudging and within a minute, it wouldnít blend, budge, or smudge no matter what I did. I did notice the formula felt creamy and sticky whenever I blended it (i.e. gel formula). Because it's so creamy, the pencil dulls very easily in one use so you have to sharpen this often. It does fade a little bit throughout the day so you might have to touch up every few hours or so (my eyelids are never really oily and I donít wear eyeshadow primer underneath). The smudger on the other end pulls and tugs on my eyes so I never use it. Also, I had no problem washing this eyeliner off with warm water so I donít really find this to be "waterproof" as it claims to be but that could be just me. Sephora sells this for $18 and I think thatís a fair price for its quality considering it doesnít budge or smear after a minute itís applied - something I think eyeliner gals will love. The packaging is cute and expensive-looking. Iíve always loved Too Facedís girly packaging so I have no complaints there.

For eyeliner gals, Iíd recommend this to you since it stays put once itís on. I wouldnít buy this again personally since I now have blonde highlights, dark eye makeup clashes with my hair and skin color in a harsh way in my opinion. With that said, I will be returning this.

UPDATE: Okay, so I was wrong when I said it wasn't waterproof lol! Before I return this, I swatched this eyeliner on my hand and ran cold water on it and it didn't smear or fade off, which I found pretty impressive. As long as you don't RUB your eyes, this should last easily through rain or swimming activities. For that, I bumped the rating to 4 lippies. =)

on 3/7/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This pencil was horrible. It is not waterproof and does not stay put for several hours and it smears terribly. I understand that the pencil is soft because it is a coal like texture (so you will not have to tug on your eye when you apply the product).The packaging sucked because the pencil itself kept falling out of the container I was annoyed. I would always catch it before it would completely fall out. (Yikes!) and sometimes the product would not glide one dark enough on the lid and especially the waterline. I normally use gel eyeliner (ūüíúūüĎć) but if I'm in a hurry or going for a more natural look. I use pencil eyeliner on my eye. I've use other pencils where the application was easier, stayed put, waterproof, and last for several hours. I would not repurchase this item.

on 2/2/2015 5:58:00 AM

HORRIBLE. That's the summary of my review for this. I bought this in the small kit that also comes with the "Too Faced, Lash Injection Mascara" (see other review). They are both far from perfect.

I can see some good reviews for this, so it may just be my skin and my eyelids. I have oily skin. I tried using this on top of my eyelids, and under, and neither worked. It smudged like crazy within 5 minutes making me look like a raccoon, or smudged on top which also isn't what I want from my eye liner. I tried applying primer, both on top and under, and that still didn't help. As my last attempt, I tried using it with a primer and some eye shadow. That helped a bit with the top, but it still smudged. I also don't wear eye shadow on a daily basis any more, so that's not very convenient for me.

Overall, very unhappy with this purchase and would not recommend.

on 1/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

This eyeliner is longer lasting than Urban Decay or Makeup Forever. It actually works well on the waterline...I need to apply it a couple of times, but then it is good to go! It is creamy and glides on and is highly pigmented. Very happy.

on 11/23/2014 9:35:00 PM

I actually like this more than the Urban Decay 24/7 liners. I got Perfect Espresso in a palette and it goes on so smoothly, looks great on my waterline, and lasts all day and night if i want it to. Also, the smudgy end works better than any other liner I've tried with this feature. My main gripe with Prestige Total Intensity liner and Urban Decay's liners is that they have to be sharpened really frequently since the liner is so creamy, but I haven't had that problem with the Too Faced liners at all.

on 11/7/2014 11:20:00 AM

I got this Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Liner in Espresso in an eyeshadow pallet, and lord I am so glad I found this, its my new HG waterline eyeliner!!! At first I didn't think I would be into the color espresso at all, I mean that's a brown color, but let me tell you, its a deep brown that's is much better then black, its not so severe looking! This stuff glides on like butter, no pulling at all, creamiest formula I have ever found! I know its not the cheapest at $18 a tube, but I am gonna have to suck it up and spend it, its that good! A little does go a long way, so I would think I would not need more then 2 tubes a year and I use this stuff every single day.

on 10/25/2014 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I got a "deluxe sample" of this when I got the first edition of Sephora's Draw The Line eyeliner kit. I think the fact that it's really creamy - perhaps too creamy for some - is the culprit for the "raccoon eyes" that people are experiencing. However, it works for me because I just do the upper water line; or if I do a tight line, then I smudge it out with a Q-Tip.

on 10/6/2014 9:17:00 PM

I bought this as part of a TooFaced favorites kit. It had this eyeliner,better than sex mascara and shadow insurance primer. The liner goes on ok,but I used it one night to go to a party. Three hours later,the entire lower line was smudged-total raccoon. I wasn't dancing or sweating-just sitting and talking. Definitely won't buy again.

on 9/19/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I couldn't figure out this eyeliner!! I tried it several times. I like the smudge tool on the end which worked effortlessly. The rest of the application was a pain. I am fairly proficient with pencil liners and this was so messy!! It is so soft and creamy that the line is not crisp and straight. It wiggled all over. It really didn't stay put on me either. It smudge up towards my brow and I had some rings around the bottom of my eye, not really dark, but it gave a shadow effect under my eyes. Not to mention, it transferred so bad to my waterline which I was unhappy with because I prefer the doll eye look on myself. I also had trouble with it getting into my one of my eyes as a contact lens wearer. It also really screwed with my eye lashes and made half of them stick together in one huge clump. I am not exaggerating here. I somehow managed to fix it with a brow brush and my ever trusty UD Perversion mascara. I will give it good ratings on the pigmentation. The Perfect Black was SO much darker than any of the other liners I own and made my eyes pop with just one application. I really REALLY liked the color aspect and how smooth it was. Other than that, I can't find anything else good about it!