September 17, 2014 | 1986 users online

Treatments (Face) - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Tomatoes Acne Treatment Spot Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyNewt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For whatever reason this stuff works wonders on my skin. During a flair up I will use it 1-2x/day, with at least one of those applications being before bed. There is a unique smell, but nothing acrid. I've used smellier products. I wish the product came in a different container, maybe application could be done with a q-tip like you would with WitchHazel.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few months. Better for my skin on clearing blemishes than benzoyl peroxide, so I like it over all. Good for a quick fix when I see something starting. Probably will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

1.) I saw no difference in the severity of my acne at all
2.)burnt my skin
3.) smells aweful

I give this one a thumbs down. Not a product worth your time or money.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Juliarussothegreat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awful. Made my acne three times worst, and that's not a lie. Isn't worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by keewee88

I've been using this blemish stick on and off on my chin for the past few weeks and its done a great job of keeping my chin (which likes to break out a little) clear.
I dont use it daily, but if i feel that my chin is a bit irritated/blemishes are starting, i roll it on before bed and, knock wood, i've stayed clear for a few weeks now.

The smell is a bit off-putting, but it only lasts a minute and is way better than some of the sulfur solutions i was using before this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Tkachenko80

I'm so sad about this product line because I love the cucumber one, but not the tomato facial products. I'm talking specifically about the clay mask. When I put it on its like I smothered strong perfume on my face! The smell of fragrance is SO overpowering and disgusting, I had to wash it off as soon as I applied it. For a 98 percent natural product it seemed like a fail, but the cucumber line is lovely for my skin! It's like night and day in comparison! So I do live done of Thierry products just not this line, did not fit my skin type:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the great reviews on here and its speedy healing claims. I hadn't tried any of the Yes to... products before.

This stuff is similar to, but seems more potent and slightly less skin drying/peeling, than the ELF zit zapper. It does cause skin around the blemish to peel somewhat in an unsightly way. Its combination of natural ingredients and salicylic acid work together to dry out blemishes fairly quickly (3-4 days to dry, but NOT to DISAPPEAR). It stings a little but not that bad and that fades quickly. It doesn't have a smell to it. The formula is clear and thin, goes on clear and seems to dry mostly into the blemish, forming a very thin layer on top. I use this at night or when I'm not wearing makeup if my husband isn't home. In combination with my daytime blemish fighting concealer from Almay, I do find that this helps quite a bit to speed up blemish-go-away time.

The roller does seem a little less than sanitary but it works pretty well for distributing the formula and makes it easy to shake and apply. The packaging is cute and clean-looking. This is a little pricey at $10, IMHO, when the Elf zapper does basically the same thing and costs $2.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I do have to say that this product greatly reduces the size of pimples within just a couple days. For that reason, I could not give it one lippie, and it's quite possible that the side effects are based on individual chemistry, so this isn't meant to say that the product isn't good. This review is based on my personal experience with this product.

As I stated, I did find that this treatment did reduce the size of my acne marks quite effectively. I've used it for about four days and overall, I was pleased with the result. The only thing I didn't enjoy was how long it took to absorb into my skin, which often resulted in it drying down to a plastic-like layer that later peeled off as the day progressed. No matter.

However, by day three, I noticed that I had very quickly developed severe discoloration wherever I had applied the product, and the areas that were discolored (I'm talking deep tan, at least three shades darker than the rest of my face) were covered in a thin, dry layer of dead skin that no amount of exfoliation would eliminate. It looked almost like scar tissue, or like I had a mild chemical burn and what was left was a scab.

I've never encountered anything like this. It looked like the scar that would be left after popping a pimple, only much more wide-spread and far dryer.

Concealing it is pointless, as it continues to flake away throughout the day. Thankfully, the skin underneath the browned layer is pretty much the same color as the rest of my face, albeit quite sensitive.

I'm also not a fan of the packaging. The rollerball is unsanitary, and the cap is flimsy and easy to cross-thread. Not a fan of that.

I've discontinued use of this product, but since it was purchased at Wal-Mart, I doubt I'll be able to get a refund. I'm so disappointed. This is the first spot treatment that ever did anything for my blemishes, but the aftermath was far, FAR worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by thegorgeousgretchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in the Yes to Tomatoes 3-Step Acne Regimen Bundle for about $20 & I'm in love! I've suffered with very oily acne prone skin for the last 5+ years and I've tried so many things with no avail, until now!
I'm 15 weeks pregnant & have recently switched all of my body products to as natural, organic, and gentle as I can find. I first tried the Cetaphil cleanser for about a month but it did nothing for my acne, redness, and oil. In fact I saw a very noticeable increase in the size of my pores!
I've been using this Yes to Tomatoes bundle for just under two weeks and my skin has dramatically changed for the better. I had* an overly red face similar to that of rosacea but this has reduced it significantly. My pores are shrinking and the large/painful breakouts have stopped! Only wish I'd found this years ago!

Comments on this being Step 3 of the bundle:
-great for drying up acne
-pleasant smell
-easily worn under makeup

Tip: To avoid contaminating apply to a q-tip

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now. It definitely lives up to its claims! It reduces the size of pimples and whiteheads, therefore causing them to disappear within about 3 days. I haven't tried this on my blackheads yet but will update this review when I do.

Since this product is a rollerball, it's not very sanitary, but as long as your face is freshly washed you're good to go. Not a fan of the herbal scent but it's tolerable. I apply this at night only, but you can use it 2-3 times daily if you'd like. This product isn't drying at all, no dry patches in the areas where it is applied. Love that it's natural too!

Recommended for those looking for a cheap, effective acne spot treatment!