July 25, 2014 | 1154 users online

Eyeliner - Henna Penna Tattoo Pen Eye Liner - Jasper Brown

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was so excited to buy this because it's marketed as a semi-permanent eyeliner. The "ink" in this eyeliner marker is made from henna, which is supposed to be a semi-permanent dye when it comes in contact with the skin. I was in awe of the idea of not having to apply eyeliner every day, thinking that this would last days without having to be reapplied. Unfortunately, that wasn't really the case with the actual product.

I bought this in "Jasper Brown" a dark brown color, although it comes in many colors. The marker itself felt scratchy on my eyelid. The formula had a slight "cool burn" feeling (like alcohol) has and smelled bad. The color was good- dark brown like I wanted- but it went on like I took a Crayola marker used it for eyeliner. After washing my face at the end of the day, there was a slight hint of brown still left on my skin but nowhere near the dark brown color it initially looked like. I was really disappointed. Sigh... I'm such a sucker for marketing.

Anyway, the pen has 2 ends, one side is a thicker marker and the other is a fine-tipped pen. I tried using the fine tip to fill in my eyebrows in short, thin strokes, but again, it went on like a marker. It looked like I used a fine-tipped Sharpie to fill in my brows and did not look natural at all. Don't waste your money! (It cost me about $24 with shipping)