October 26, 2014 | 1227 users online

Cleansers - Acne Free-Pore Cleanser (rinse off foam)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm pretty sure this is the generic brand product for ProActiv's new "X-Out" cleanser.

I like using "acne-treating" cleansers. I've used cleansers with salicylic acid (SA) and ones with benzoyl peroxide (BP). As a cleanser, I find BP to be much more effective. (However, I like SA better for treatment). After years of using SA cleansers consistently (and BP only occasionally) and having seen little improvement in my skin, I decided to go back to a BP cleanser, but was looking for one that contained 5% or less BP because more would irritate my skin. I used to use an OXY brand cleanser, but Wal-Mart didn't have it when I went looking, and I stumbled upon AcneFree's BP foam cleanser. It works so well! I use my soft-bristled facial cleansing brush to massage it all over my face for about 30 seconds, then let it sit for another 30 seconds, then rinse. My face feels clean, doesn't feel irritated, and just a tiny bit tight (something I like that some others may not) after washing my face with this cleanser. Since I started using this stuff (at night only), I've seen a significant improvement in the clarity of my skin; this could be a combination of several things I use in my skin-car routine, but since my skin has become about 95% clear of acne these past few months, and this cleanser is part of this routine, I'm gonna keep using it!

Overall, if you're looking for a benzoyl peroxide cleanser (that contains a small percentage) at a decent price, you should definitely give this stuff a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by pantherskt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Didn't like this product at all. Left a filmy residue on my skin. Tried using it for a problem area on my chin and it only seemed to make it worse, it become very red and irritated right after use. I stopped using it for about 2 days now and it's already looking a lot better. Wouldn't buy again, esp. for over $7 a bottle. Yikes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome 2.5% foaming bp wash (the brand is "AcneFree" find it at CVS or Walgreens). My skin has never been able to tolerate bp very well--not even as a spot treatment and certainly not as an all over topical treatment for acne prevention. Which sucks, 'cause I have persistent acne and Bp's supposed to be the most effective treatment for acne. All I can say is, if like me, you can't use bp due to irritation (or fears of premature aging), but you have acne, definitely giver a try. My skin tolerates this with minimum side effects (there IS some easily mitigated dryness) and amazingly, despite the fact that I've always read that medicated cleansers aren't an effective treatment for acne, IT ACTUALLY WORKS!

I wash my make-up off with CeraVe and then gently rub this foam into my trouble areas (everywhere these days) then I rinse it off after about 30-60 seconds. I also use it in the am (with a lighter hand and shorter leave on time). I've only been using it for about 2 weeks but I saw results within DAYS, and at this point, all but the most persistent zits are gone! I've only gotten 2 new ones since I started it, and for me that's pretty amazing. This is coming from someone who's about 3 weeks from starting an accutane course so my acne's moderate (despite the fact that I'm always on 'biotics) and it's basically considered untreatable at this point. I plan to keep using this as long as I'm able. If only I'd found it sooner--:(

UPDATE(6/24/12): So I can't be sure if this stuff was actually working or not because looking back now I can see that my acne kinda petered out about 3 months of starting spiro and you see, i started using this about 3 months after I started spiro... Anyways, I don't get much acne these days but if you consider yourself too sensitive for bp but need something to treat your acne, you should check out the Jan Marini bp (it's in my reviews and believe it or not, it's actually less irritating than this stuff).