October 21, 2014 | 2057 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Banishing Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by jlatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This banishing cream works well on my skin. I've noticed that my skin is brighter and my acne marks are going away. This cream is moisturizing and doesn't make me break out. Would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I picked this up in order to even out my skin tone and reduce the look of some acne scars and sun damage I have. It is very moisturizing and was effective at fixing the appearance my sun damage, but after a few weeks. Unfortunately, it leaves my skin very oily and prone to breakouts. There is no way I could use this in the day or around that time of month. This product is probably made for those with older skin and can afford the extra oil. I just wish that they could make an oil-free version of this and maybe add a little SPF so we don't have to keep layering products. I will try this again closer to the winter time when my skin can be dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by glamourfoxx

Ive been using this product for about 5-6 years as a moisturizer but it does help even out your skin its not instant so don't look for a quick fix...takes time but you will def. notice it will make your skin even
im a dark skinned african american woman(nw45 for reference in MAC) but it keeps your skin nice and even and its the best moisturizer ever

and i usually get it when its on sale so i have about 3-4 jars at a time lol i cant live without this stuff..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it at night time only. So far, it is doing a wonderful job moisturizing my skin. The scent is slight and I think it's a wonderful product if your skin runs on the drier side. I have been using the Neutrogena Anti-wrinkle cream for sometime now. However, my skin has become rather dry due to the winter. I have switched over to this in the meanwhile so my skin can obtain more moisture during bedtime. A small amount is all you need, so the product will last for a long time. With one application, I noticed how hydrated my skin had become! I was very pleased! As for banishing and brightening, the verdict is still out! However, I picked this up when Avon had this on special for $2.99 for a 2.5 oz jar. For the price and moisturizing effect, I can't believe the price! So far so good... I'll will keep you posted as I continue to use this product. No stinging either! I like it and would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Heatherlynn0808

I'm very happy that I went ahead and decided to try this product to clear up some acne scarring I had. I've been using it for about 2-3 weeks and I have seen improvement in my scars which makes me very happy. I've got to the point where I don't mind going out of the house without makeup sometimes, which is something I never would have done before! It has a creamy consistency and a little goes a long way so this jar will last me a very long time. I use it every morning and night, except once in awhile when I'm feeling lazy lol, but it can make my face feel a tiny bit greasy after I put it on and maybe a little oily too. I just deal with those last couple things though because I can tell it's working and it makes my skin feel super soft too. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something to clear up discoloration.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I bought two jars of this sight unseen online because I had some marks that blemishes left in their wake and I wanted them gone. I'm usually hardcore about reading reviews of products first and scoping out ingredients in advance as I have rather sensitive skin. This cream is just so cheap that I thought even if it was a total bomb, I wouldn't be losing much. When I received them and opened the jar I took immediate note of the glistening sheen in the cream. That means one thing, OIL, also known as my worst enemy. I'm so prone to oiliness and even the slightest amount WILL break me out. So I decided to use this cream as an allover body moisturizer. In that use, it's actually amazing! My skin allover my body has brightened and little scars and marks are beginning to lighten. It also leaves my skin super soft. I wish they put this in a bigger jar. It feels lovely after a shower. I will get through my jars now and will contemplate repurchasing. The downsides include the smell, it's super medicinal. It does fade however,
and the fact that it isn't oil free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I don't understand all the low ratings!! I really like this stuff! I find that the jar packaging is good cuz it can be runny. I don't like the smell either...kinda reminds me of the neostrata brand. However this stuff does even out my complexion! It's cheap and it works. It's one of the few things that hasn't broke me out which is a huge PLUS. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. When used sparingly, it's not at all greasy on me. I usually find that Avon products work quite well on me. Would repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love it as a mousturiser
hate it as a skin evener

makes my skin light and thats all

i put lemon juice in it and i sorta faded but i stop using for health reasons=

smells good to me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by pretebrowneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great moisturizer, though doesn't do what it claims for me. My skin is feeling wonderfully soft and healthy lately so I'll keep buying it as a part of my successful skincare routine. But as far as my hyperpigmentation and uneven skintone...it's still there. So, if that's what you're looking to fix.....look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by molakip

filmy junk that my mom's been using for over 6 years...her skin is pretty pigmented and nothings changed. Just get a really good sunscreen/sunblock to prevent further sun damage and exfoliate.