Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 8/29/2015 3:17:00 AM

I've been using this for a year now and it has worked out good for me. I have oily/acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out and it gives good coverage if you know how to apply it. I've noticed some people saying it gets cakey; from my experience, it doesn't cake up.

on 8/27/2015 11:33:00 AM

The product is so thick i like it. i put it on i used a real techniques expert face brush it came out so flawless after i set it with my powder but after like 2 hours it wasn't as great anymore it looked like my mac foundation and that one is not great as well.

on 8/23/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was recommended this by my sister. She said it was a great choice for oily skin. However, during this time my oil has been controlled by my skincare routine that is trying to combat my acne that I am suffering after experiencing the horrors of Asia's dirty air, environment and water. Nevertheless, she mentioned that this was a great foundation that does not irritate acne nor cause cysts. She said she herself wears it even when she has acne because of its excellent oil control.

I first got this done in store, both the foundation and the powder, by the national representative makeup artist for Tarte at the Ulta store. It looked great and I love how easy it was to color match me into my shade. I had a problem where my face was much darker than the rest of my skin because I was in the tropics. I got matched to Light Medium Sand for the liquid foundation and Fair Light Honey or Light Sand for the powder. I did not purchase them because I wanted to see how I was reacting to it. I really loved the feel of using the brush to buff it in and build it. The creamy feel of the foundation was rather odd compared to more watery liquid foundations. The powder was really cool and the net was a fun idea (although likely messy). After taking it off about 5 hours later (which thanks to the artist's expert application still looked GOOD, not cakey, and definitely not melted off), I had noticed that my cysts were an angry red, but thought it might have been due to the makeup artist's multiple removals of makeup when trying to color match me to Tarte's liquid and powder foundation. My dry patches were peeling.

In the end a month later after debating the price, I decided to buy it. By this time, I lost a lot of the tan on my face (I have a fairly neutral face with mostly yellow but some pink that leans towards warm due to my constant sun exposure from childhood outdoor activities), so I was forced to buy Fair Sand and Light Medium Sand to mix to match the color on my face. By this time, though, my skin returned to normal/combination and no longer was an oil field although I could still get oily throughout the day without it feeling like a slug slime on my face. Therefore, buffing this foundation in was difficult and I felt was more light to medium coverage than medium coverage that was buildable to full coverage. The accompanying foundation brush irritated my healing acne. It also dried very quickly, but application layer above it flaked off the bottom layer and the coverage became cakey. In the end, my face had a beautiful finish. It unfortunately did not last, but I think it was because my face powder didn't have the setting strength to hold up the heavy foundation.

After only wearing it for 3 hours when I was outside, I took it off immediately because I don't like to wear makeup in the house, especially when I no longer have plans to leave. My face was NOT HAPPY. Cysts that had disappeared or were a faded pink patch not quite bump and almost the color of my skin ERUPTED with my pores a volcanic red. Wasn't sure, so used it the next day, too. EVEN WORSE. My pores were CLOGGED and visibly dark and oxidized. I almost cried when I saw my face after removing the foundation. I didn't cry because I know crying doesn't solve anything, and makes me feel worse.

I finally looked up the ingredients on cosdna.com to judge the severity of each. I prefer to avoid cosmetics that have stearate in them, and I am usually good at avoiding them. I found out that this has Stearic Acid in it. Okay, not so bad. Next, it has Potassium Chloride! Hello, Potassium Chloride is NOT non-comodegenic. And is one of the worst makeup induced acne ingredients!

I am angry at myself that I was duped into buying this. I am going to return all of my Tarte products and refuse to consider any of their brands ever again. They are liars when they say their products are non-comodegenic.

Tldr; great for oil control; I would NOT recommend for normal to dry skin because otherwise drying and cakey. Final verdict: DO NOT BUY FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN.

This foundation has so much potential...I really wanted to love it and I had high expectations. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get this to work for me AT ALL. I have combo skin, and both on my dry patches and my oily areas, this foundation does nothing good for me. I really don't see how this works for anyone unless their skin is perfectly balanced.

First off, I love the squeeze tube packaging. The color selection is some of the best I've seen in any foundation. They could do with more olive tones and deep shades, but otherwise I thought the choices were great. It was easy to find my color.

The texture is a whipped, creamy consistency. I apply it with a flat topped kabuki brush. When I first put this on, it feels and looks amazing. The shade matches my skin perfectly! In fact, I've never had a foundation that so perfectly matched my skin tone. It blends really nicely and my skin looks airbrushed when I'm done. If it would only look like this for more than an hour or two, this foundation would have 5 lippies!

I wouldn't say that it's full coverage at all. It's medium at best. If you build it up for fuller coverage, it cakes.

Here's where the heartbreak starts...after about an hour or two, this stuff completely WRECKS my face. It clings to every imaginable dry patch and emphasizes every wrinkle (and I'm only 23)! It cakes and gets patchy around my nose and eyes. On my T-zone and oily areas it rubs off completely, exposing all of my redness. I feel like this stuff sucks all of the moisture out of my face. My skin will literally be dry and peeling for a good two days after wearing this stuff. It's insane.

I've tried different Primers (Smashbox, Pur minerals), no primer, different setting powders, different moisturizers...nothing seems to work. I get the same horrid result every time regardless of what I do. It's a total disaster. I don't even think I will be finishing this tube, and I am not one to waste a product. This is one of the worst foundations I've ever tried.

I don't see how anybody gets this to work, and I envy you! When I first apply it, it's gorgeous! But for some reason this foundation and I were not meant to be...

on 8/16/2015 8:22:00 AM

I love this foundation the girl at Sephora said oh try something for dry skin and not this but I did what I wanted.So glad I did! If you apply it with a stippling brush and highlight with studio sculpt around the eyes and dry spots on forehead you get a lush doll look dolls!!!!!

on 8/13/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this stuff, I've only had it a couple days but I've noticed my skin feeling really soft at the end of the day after I take it off and no break outs, I have combination/oily acne prone skin. Its medium coverage but you can build, and a little bit goes a long way. If you use a setting powder on top it doesn't budge through the day, I use Physicians Formula Healthy Wear powder over this. I run everyday and never take my makeup off, and when I sweat too much this foundation does tend to cake up and look blotchy, but I don't expect it to look amazing while I work out. lol. Over all I think its one of the best foundations I've tried, but I don't know if it's my HG just yet.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this stuff it actually feels like I am part of a tribe in mexico or something! I swear I put this foundation on I am back to my roots and living like a woman in the wild! AMAZING!

on 8/5/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not for those who have sensitive/dry skin. I would put it on my face and it would itch for about 10 minutes then it would go away but it was an annoying feeling. Works awesome for my friend who has oily skin and gives her great coverage but not so much for me. I wouldn't purchase this again.

on 8/4/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

ummm its okay? I dont get the hype surrounding this cover up.

Its a whipped texture and it, to me, doesnt cover very well? In no way do I feel that this is a full coverage foundation. ( I much prefer using Revlon colour stay, which seems to have more coverage)

It seemed okay, until I put powder on with a brush, and it all seemed to come off with it! I was unable to do buffing motions at all, it didnt sink into the skin very good. So then I tried using a puffer with powder, which worked better, but my pores on my tops of cheeks looked not cute with this stuff. My pores didnt look huge or anything, just looked very fondation-y
Furthermore, I was unable to use moisturiser under this without it looking bad, which is sad.

But, if you have sensitive skin and not much works for you this may be foundation to consider.
(I have dry skin, so maybe this is why it didnt look good, clay has drying out properties) perhaps could be better suited to oily skin.

on 8/3/2015 8:22:00 PM

Creamy texture, silky smooth application (feels like a nice primer going on), blends well, and provides pretty good coverage. I have combination skin, and have found that this foundation has really good staying power, perhaps because of the inclusion of clay. I've never had to re-apply during the day. It's good stuff, and comes in many shades.

I think we all have to be realistic about our expectations regarding foundations and concealers settling into fine lines, wrinkles, and dry patches. It's going to happen no matter what product you use. Every time you blink your eyes, laugh, smile, talk…the stuff is going to going to settle around. How could it not? I digress.