December 22, 2014 | 1073 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is really heavy and it really is full coverage. I didnt have any problems with it breaking me out but I do not recommend this for fair/porcelain skin tones. Even in the lightest shade its about 1-2 shades too dark, Im equivelant to NC10 (almost nc5 in winter) and the lightest shade is more like nc20. Just a warning for your light skinned folks : ) I wore this long enough to get a feel for it but after that I had to throw it away because the shade just wasnt working for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for this foundation in the colour Fair. I am NC 15, with dry + combination skin.

This foundation is $38USD in Sephora, with 50mls of product! Very good deal in my opinion. It has a very thick formula, and is very pigmented. I use a pea size amount for my entire face, and it is easily medium coverage, with a little more product, it is truly full coverage. It looks very natural too, even on my dry skin, it does not cling to dry patches as I thought it would. The texture feels and looks like mousse, and it spreads easily across my face. The one thing I very much love it for, is that it stays looking fresh and pretty throughout the day! it doesn't oxidize or separate. It remain looking freshly applied, and the coverage stays as well.

It has not scent, which is a big plus. Also it contains SPF 15, and all the sunscreen in here are zinc oxide and titanium oxide, with no chemical sunscreen. If you have sensitive skin, this is great choice for a lightly SPFed foundation.

I have filmed a review of this with a close-shot demo of how it looks like on the skin, if you are interested, you can click on it. I also compared to the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Soft Ivory, and I think Tarte wins the battle!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only other foundation that doesn't oxidize on my skin and is a perfect color match is the ELDW.
I really love this one because:
1. the consistency is very creamy but not drying at all (I have combination skin toward drier in the winter)
2. It applies very easily
3. It is not as full coverage as the ELDW, but it smooths and brightens my skin very nicely (I have light sand).
4. Tube is fine.

It is moisturizing at least for me and my skin glows when i wear it, it just really looks very natural and velvety.

It doesn't last 12 hours, but except for the ELDW, I haven't found any other that lasts that long --without a primer or setting primer anyway.

And it doesn't attenuate fine lines at all, I just love this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by flowerchilddm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing. so in love with this foundation. full coverage but it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love Tarte! All there products are great! This foundation was the one ive been searching for going on years now haha. A nice creamy, full coverage stay all day foundation. I have light sand color and it matches me beyond perfect. It comes out so air buffed into my skin and covers any acne or redness i have using only a little product. Other reviews say it causes oily skin? some days when i wear it though i do get a little oily around my nose after about 9 hours of wear its no big deal, Apply some powder and good as new. Usually that isnt the foundations doing but my own for not applying my clinique 3 step that morning! Its also nearly double the amount that a other brand foundation gives you in a bottle (1 oz) tartes is 1.7 oz. so you get alot of product for your buck! try this you will love it. And if oil issues occur try using a toner and moisturizer before applying it may help!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by sherbear413

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very VERY heavy coverage and feels like a mask on my face.. If your looking for a natural look, this is not it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by chagrin

I wanted so badly to love this foundation, and for a while I did. It's decently long lasting (6-8 hours), goes on easily with a slightly matte finish, and matched my skin tone surprisingly well. It's only flaw, a fatal one, is that I'm 90% sure this foundation is what's causing my breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by organicforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product! Does not break out my acne-prone skin. I highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I am extremely impressed with this foundation! The first time I tried this, a girl at Sephora tested it out on my chin area. And When I got home that evening it was the only part of my face that looked the same as when it as first applied (she also put on a few other foundations in other areas of my face, which did not hold up as well.) I did get a sample of it because I did not want to buy a full size, as I wasn't sure how it would sit with my skin, as I am very dry and go for long days and get small red bumps with many low quality face products. This did not give me bumps (not zits), it lasted through several sweaty dancing nights out, and it still looked amazing when I got home. I have already purchased more tanned shade ( Medium Honey, Medium-Tan Honey would have worked for me as well) and a shade for when I am lighter ( Light Neutral.) Also my friend has oily skin and she loves this foundation as well. That shows how diverse this product really is!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Corrina618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using MUFE mat velvet then decided to give this a try. Got a sample from Sephora where the associate matched my color. This product looo darket in tube so dont let that bother you.... Its pricy ya but it should last you a very long time since u dont need much a few spots blnded out well. I cant think of any drugstore product like this so its worth it to me. Plus theres definitly amazonian clay in it bcuz when blended you can smell it (smells like a amazonian clay mask) give this a try even a sample you have nothing to lose.