Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The woman at sephora told me this was a good full coverage foundation so i decided to buy it, and man was i unimpressed. This foudation is not very blendable and felt dry going on my face. This is more like medium coverage, it definitely did not cover the redness. Returned

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love Tarte and I bought the Airbrush Bamboo Foundation Brush with this because I was so excited. I got this as a recommendation from my best friend and I hated it! I don't know what it was about the application or the finish...but this just did not work well with my skin. I have combination skin and this emphasized all my pores and kind of looked like I put cake frosting on my face. I also broke out after using this and I do NOT break out easily. I have tried coming back to this a few times but I eventually returned it. Sucks it didnt work out for me.

on 4/30/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this as a sample in Medium Tan Honey and Tan Honey since those are basically the only two selections for skintones that are Tan but not deep tan (NC40-45). I loved this foundation it looked so smooth and it lasted so long I mean I remember looking into the mirror like 4 hours into wearing this foundation and I was just amazed but how nice my skin looked. I don't know if its what I did prior to putting on this foundation that made such a difference (cleansed face with all natural soap bar, , becca shimmer liquid mixed with stila one step as primer) or if the foundation is just amazing. it is full coverage but it doesnt feel like you are wearing anything and its super blendable it also has a nice finished which is not too matte so powder was not necessary. i love this foundation and i think everyone should give it a try (get a sample) because it does work for a large variety of people and compared to other foundations, it does have really good ingredients

on 4/29/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Every time I use this foundation every pore on my face is magnified 100%! I hate it. I love most Tarte products so I thought I would like this too but I couldn't be more wrong, it's horrible for my skin. I've given it so many chances...it just doesn't work for me. I'll stick to the Tarte airbrush foundation or their BB cream. (Both wonderful products)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product a few months ago from Sephora in light sand. The shade is perfect for my skin color, has a natural finish and stays matte for the full 12 hours :). Yes, it's pricey but a little bit goes a long way with this stuff so I think it's worth it. If you are looking for full coverage, this product doesn't deliver on that but when I pair it up with the Tarte Amazonian Clay concealer, I'm all set :). I have oily, sensitive skin and this foundation has cleared up any blemishes I had. Pretty close to perfect, in my opinion.

on 4/24/2015 10:14:00 PM

not worth the money

I actually liked this foundation a lot, it made my face very dewy and soft. Covered a lot of redness for me. Price is high but I think if you have a lot of redness/acne, it's worth it. However, despite the natural claims, it clogged up my pores and caused cystic acne in less than a week. Everyday I was waking up with new pimples, so I had to return it. Would repurchase if it actually worked for me:(

on 4/23/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Still no shade range for nc44-nc45 in this foundation

It's nice that tarte have introduced more shades for darker skin tones but they are still ingnoring a large market of dark women who are dark tanned- medium dark skin tones. They have managed to make the shade Tan-Sand in the airbrush powder foundation for nc44-nc45 but couldn't even be bothered to make an equivalent shade in this foundation. Also the new shades that they have introduced for darker skins are more red based. Even the dark sand shades which are meant to be yellow based have more red undertones. Yet again tarte think that most dark woman are Nw45, Nc50 or above. This company is still ignoring large market of darker skinned women, which shows a bit of ignorance.

on 4/23/2015 12:05:00 AM

I fell in love with this foundation because my skin is very pink and it is very difficult to find foundations that do not look yellow on my skin. I was so excited because it was great coverage and my exact skin tone. I use to have terrible acne until I went on accutane for a year and my acne was completely gone, I could stick my face in a pan of grease and still have flawless skin- but this foundation gave both my sister and me terrible cystic acne. I am still grieving over this foundation ):

on 4/22/2015 12:43:00 AM

When I am not using my Merle Norman Lasting Foundation, I use this. I like that it provides SPF protection (which I wish was a bit higher), and the physical barrier sunscreen (vs. chemical barrier sunscreens in other products) doesn't break me out. Great coverage. Doesn't feel like a mask (as long as I use a light hand like I should). Just make sure you get someone who knows this product to color match you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown