March 1, 2015 | 1022 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3.4(1941 reviews)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2015 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Xamounts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I greatly regret this purchase!! Somehow I allowed myself to be talked into it by a sales girl at Sephora, which is always a monumental error and something I avoid.

Two coats of this mascara leave lashes looking wet and flat. This is so even after using an eyelash curler. Those same two costs are very difficult to remove later. In fact, they are a total pain to remove.

If you make the mistake of putting a third coat, in hopes of achieving fabulous lashes, you will need some serious make-up remover before you can even think about going to bed. Also, the third coat somehow makes the final result even worse. I decided to give this mascara a fair try and wore it about three times.

I was annoyed enough to return the product but forgot and eventually threw it out. Great waste of $30 (it was probably more but I am trying to forget). The cheapest drug-store mascara will give you better results. The only plus was the cartoon-like packaging, which brought slight comic relief to the nightmare.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2015 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

I keep buying it. It really emphasises my lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2015 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Bekaxx

I liked this at first because it does fan my lashes out but I find the brush a little scratchy. Apart from that it's a pretty good mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2015 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ssmom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Plastic wand, fun shape and easy to apply but I find this makes my lashes feel sticky and it's hard to remove at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2015 7:58:00 AM More reviews by gwenstella89

Being an Asian with dead-straight eyelashes, I am always excited about trying mascara that claims great curling and volumising power. This mascara ain't too bad, but I expected more based on the marketing involved for this mascara. There's cheaper mascaras out there that does the job slightly better.

I'm happy using this for as long as it lasts, but I won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2015 7:10:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

Silly me, I bought this mascara on a trip overseas and I also ended up getting it for Christmas from a relative, so now I have two. Because of that, I was really hoping this mascara would trump the other mascaras I've tried since 1. I have two tubs of it and 2. It's REALLY pricey.

Although I've only used it maybe... four or five times as of this day, I'm pretty sure that's enough time for me to tell how the mascara is working with my lashes. Unfortunately, I've tried better. This mascara is, as they say, basically overhyped, but that's not as ridiculous as this being EXTREMELY OVERPRICED for how it's worked so far.

I was hoping they would volumise my lashes really well since the mascara's name does indicate that it will make your eyelashes look like long, volumised falsies, but they do not at all (I think this is largely due to the brush type). It kinda also fails at keeping my lashes curled, even when I've curled it again after applying the mascara. It also smears on the bottom corners of my eyes after a while. This is my Top 1 mascara pet peeve.

To be fair though, it's pretty alright at lengthening and it dries instantaneously, which I love. It doesn't really clump because the formula is more on the watery side, and in spite of many of the reviews here saying how hard it is to remove. I find it reasonably easy to remove with good ol' Bioderma. Maybe my previous mascara was just THAT hard to take off that I got used to dealing with that.

In my opinion, the quality is very much on par with many drugstore mascaras. Why buy a $40 mascara when you can buy one with the same amount of product and same quality for more than half the price?

I know a lot of people LOVE this mascara and I am sorry for my negative review :P on that note, once you have tried Japanese mascara, you will probably feel the same as me. Although harder to track if you don't live in Asia (just buy one from sasa.com hehe), they are drugstore brand cheap and just generally work better! Think twice before spending your $$$ on this because now I wish I had just bought the Benefit foundation or bronzer! But since I have two of these mascaras now, I'll keep using it anyway since it's really not *that* bad (but I wish it was revolutionary because of what you're paying)... plus I will probably regret throwing it or giving it away because of the price tag!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2015 5:32:00 AM More reviews by zibzib99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, makes my lashes look amazing however, you have to be really careful how you apply it. I use another mascara as a base then apply only one coat of this. If i use too much of this it clumps like a bitch. The effect is really good, but it's very easy to clump, it's bloody expensive and it's sooo difficult to get off completely. It's what's working best for me right now hence why I'm still using it but if I find something which works better I'll definitely swap

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2015 11:40:00 PM More reviews by stellasamhain

I like this mascara as far as effect goes but I'm not a huge fan of how well it sticks to my lashes. Even with water proof makeup remover it can be a biznatch to get off which damages and rips out eyelashes every time I use it which is a big nono for me.
The brush itself isn't my favourite either but I find this mascara works for well for volume and even better if paired with a separate lengthening mascara. Its in the pricer range of mascaras so I probably won't buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2015 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kellydanielle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I honestly don't understand the hype. Don't get me wrong; it's a decent mascara. It doesn't clump, the brush is nice, and it's not too expensive... but there are WAY better options for less than what this costs. It's rather brittle feeling once dry and it can be a real pain to remove. It just wasn't my cup of tea, but to each their own.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2015 4:59:00 PM More reviews by dodie123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Very nice! Makes my lashes very thick and black. No clumping. Easy to apply. Doesn't flake off, or smear. The price is reasonable for this really great mascarra. I would definitely buy again. Also helps curl your lashes which I really need. My eyelashes are very thin, and this makes a big difference. Lasts all day and doesn't make my eyes tear.