Emma Hardie-amazing face

3.7

VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-8 BEESWAX, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SORBITAN STEARATE, PEG-60 ALMOND GLYCERIDES, SILICA, GLYCERIN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, LECITHIN, CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) FRUIT OIL, JUNIPERUS VIRGINIANA OIL, JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMIN) OIL, CITRUS NOBILIS (MANDARIN ORANGE) PEEL OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) OIL, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER OIL, CRITHMUM MARITIMUM EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, OCTYL DODECYL PCA, MENTHYL PCA, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, FARNESOL, CITRAL, CITRONELLOL.

on 5/6/2015 12:17:00 AM

I have started to get combination Dry skin since 1 yr back & used to be combination Oily. last 2 yrs i have been battling getting more hydration into my regiem going into Combi - normal & now combi Dry i decided to seriously tackle my moisture issues.

1st impressions:-

the tub came with a semi hardened centre & the sides had melted & I spilt a good 2-3 uses on the toilet floor - no waste used it on my neck & chest.

I have used it twice last night & this morning, double cleansed last night but balm alone this morning.

I been having some dryness for a while with perhaps over exfoliation with Peter Thomas Roth's Max pads (I need to scrub less & Just swipe! too heavy handed me bad)

it did make my skin a little more comfortable after cleansing. Surprisingly not sticky or yucky after feel even though this product's texture really reminds me of a heavy oily body butter i used for stretch marks previously.

Smell: Many people adore the smell, For the record as many have scent impression changes during their periods - mine came 2 weeks back so i should not be hormonal affected in this area. I am not crazy about the smell, i would say its pleasant enough for me not to hate it for sure.

will be back after 2 weeks of use i hope!

on 4/27/2015 5:55:00 PM

This is a holy grail product for me, I switched after using another very famous balm cleanser for years but find this works better as I'm getting a bit older and my skin is no longer the oil slick it used to be. This removes all traces of make up and leaves my skin clean but not stripped of moisture, I'm on my second tub now and don't think I'll be switching back any time soon. I think the price is very good compared to others on the market, the only let down for me is the packaging, it's cheap looking, bulky and the lids crack almost immediately. This still isn't enough to knock a lippie off for me, it just sits in my bathroom and I decant into a smaller container for travelling.

on 5/5/2014 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I purchased this because like most other people here I'm an avid follower of Caroline Hirons skincare blog and she loves this product. I only gave this 2 lipsticks because I was using this product for around six months and I LOVED it. Recently though my skin has become slightly more oily/combination and when I bought another pot after not using it for a month or so my skin started breaking out worse than ever before! I am fairly lucky with spots and only get the odd one but this was insane and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I eventually cut this out of my routine and voila my skin started improving almost immediately. Sad because I used to love this but I guess it just doesn't work for everyone.

on 2/4/2014 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I prefer cleansing balms over cleansing oils b/c i find cleansing oils are too hard to control and drip into my eyes as well as running through my fingers and this is definitely best of the best of the cleansing balms. Feels super luxurious to work into the skin, I love the herbal-y scent (reminds me of a nice spa)- removes makeup, cleanses and softens my skin beautifully.

I like to massage a dollop into my skin, rinse my hands and use the leftover water from the rinse to do a second massage and slightly emulsify the balm, then i press a warm damp cloth over my face for a few moments and let the steam open my pores before I wipe/rinse. Feels amazing and my skin always looks the best when I'm using this cleanser w/ this method.

Warning: If your bathroom counter gets really hot (I know mine does in the summer living in So Cal), the product will get melty and sometimes when it re-solidifies the texture changes - so keep that bad boy under the sink where its cooler!

Took a star off for price (good god is it expensive! but I think worth it) and packaging - the packaging WILL leak if you try to travel with it.

No, no, no! Cheap packaging for an oily balm? That can only spell disaster! And it did - ruined my overnight bag when the casing split with minimal rough handling. I had only used it a couple of times and was quite taken with the whole balm-cleansing ritual but not so much the cost of the balm. I think it's overpriced, and I'm not averse to shelling out for high end brands. Fortunately I had put the bag inside a plastic bag so not much else was covered in the resulting oil slick. Mind you, it smelled gorgeous...

on 12/25/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really didn't want to like this because it is one pricey hard to get your hands on cleanser. For the first week I didn't particularly love it. And then all of a sudden I realised what my skin was like when I wasn't using it and it became my all time favourite cleanser. I have never found anything that feels soothing and yet gets every bit of makeup off and also doesn't leave skin feeling tight or oily. I usually just take a small amount and rub in then take it off with a face washer (flannel). You get that satisfaction of seeing all your makeup off your face so quickly. I would recommend for people with normal to dry skin as that's what I have. Worth trying even for the price if you're in the market for a new cleanser.

on 10/11/2013 10:00:00 AM

I was SO disappointed with this product, which is a rarity given the success I've had with other Caroline Hirons endorsed items (seriously, Biologique Recherche P50 CHANGED. MY. LIFE).

FIrstly, I was expecting this to be a rich, luxurious, pasty balm. It was not. It is rather thin and runny for a "balm," leaning more towards the oil end of the oil - balm spectrum. So that is disappointment #1.

Secondly, the smell is a little weird. I am absolutely not one to shy away from scented products - I actually love facial products that have a lovely scent to them, because it creates more of a spa feel when I'm going about my daily skincare routine. But this was just not uplifting or refreshing in any way. Disappointment #2.

Thirdly, and this is my MAJOR gripe with this item: the packaging is absolutely atrocious. Beyond horrible. I only keep this on a shelf in my bathroom, where it sits unmoving until I use it in the evening. Somehow, there are three giant cracks running down the side of the tub. Also, and this is truly baffling, the balm is somehow stuck to the top lid and on the sides and all over the place, even though I have never turned the product upside-down, and am not messy when I scoop a little out at night. I have no clue how this is happening, and it's extremely frustrating.

For the price and the hassle to get this from the UK (I live in the US so it wasn't that easy to acquire), I won't be repurchasing this one when I run out.

I bought this after caroline hirons reccomendation and cant get enough of balm cleansers ! this smells lovely and has a nice light texture . I use it at night time to remove makeup and cleanse , it does a great job when removing it with a facecloth .

Just in regards to break outs with this product , i know when i first started using balm cleanser (not this one the antipodes grapeseed butter cleanser, which i also like) i experienced about 2 weeks of break outs which i put down to purging as after 3-4 weeks my skin was totally clear of any black heads , bumps under the skin . Id definitely suggest persevering with this product for a good 4 weeks and then make up your mind in regards to the actual product breaking you out ? I think balm cleanser has helped my skin the most of all the 'caroline hiron' changes to my skin care regime ,i no longer have any clogged pores , but i think she should put a disclaimer on the purging stage though

on 9/14/2013 5:44:00 PM

I decided to try Emma Hardie's cleansing balm after having a very bad reaction to Shu Uemura's fresh pore clarifying gentle cleansing oil (pink bottle). I had never used a balm before and was a bit scared of using an oily balm on my already very oily skin, but this product is amazing!

I have always used foaming cleansers and wanted to try the double cleansing method. I was looking for a product for my first cleanse and I think I have found it: EH balm removes all my makeup, but is gentle enough not to irritate my skin. I have a very difficult skin type: very oily T-zone, prone to flakes around my nose, hormonal acne on my chin and occasional redness on my cheeks.

I use the EH balm nights only, scoop about 1/3 of my index finger (very little) and massage it directly on my dry face and neck. I then remove it with a wet washcloth and splash some cold water (I guess I'm still getting used to the idea of not using water to wash my face!). Result: my skin has never been softer, the itchiness and flakes around my nose are gone.

It didn't help with my acne, I still get hormonal spots on my chin, but I don't think that is the purpose of this balm. There are other products for this. On the areas where I don't have acne (oily and dehydrated), there has been visible improvement, my skin feels moisturized and smooth.

Yes, the jar is bulky (doesn't bother me) and it isn't cheap, but the results make it totally worth it (what is the price for good skin?). FYI, this balm is from the UK. I got it from feelunique.com and it arrived in 10 days.

on 8/26/2013 1:17:00 AM

I bought this product based on rave reviews from so many of my favourite beauty bloggers.. My final 'enabler' was Caroline Hirons who absolutely loves this product.

Unfortunately it just did not work out for me... It irritated my skin badly and has made me brake out in white bumps all across my jawline, chin and down the sides of my neck. I also broke out with big under the skin bumps on the sides of my face. Also, this cleanser was shocking at removing my make-up. Even after double cleansing, my make-up was not properly removed. The packaging is poor, the oil seeps out all across the sides and the big jar isn't very convenient for travelling.

Overall, for the price I paid ($80AUD for the 3 cloths and 100mL cleanser) I am really disappointed with this and will just have to continue searching for my perfect cleanser :(.

Popular Face Skincare Products