November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Beauty Powder in Light Sunshine

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jamiewag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to get this product. I love the lightness and the shimmer and was hoping to use as a highlighter. I have NC20 skintone and could not see this powder at all. It should at least have a slight shimmer to it when applied, but none at all. It's also very chalky. I experienced the same problem with Alpha Girl. I returned both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Spring 2011 Fashionflower collection included two limited edition Beauty Powders. I bought Light Sunshine. The MAC site describes it as "Pastel neutral pink with soft gold and pink sparkles". This pressed powder is quite fair and neutral, not really very pink, and pretty much matches my skin (well, except for the sparkles :-) I am somewhere between 15 and 20, but neutral, not cool, and not quite warm toned. I think this pressed powder isn't really a blush, because it is such a fair neutral tone. The other, Alpha Girl, is a pinky-peachy color, and definitely a blush.
The compact is basic MAC black, with a mirror in the top. What appears to be a generous amount of powder has a lovely embossed pattern of flower blossoms. (one has to supply one's own brush)
Light Sunshine isn't terribly sparkly, just a little, i notice the shimmer most in sunlight. I use it as a finishing touch. After i'm done making up my face, i brush this on my cheekbones, above my brows, and along my jawline, sometimes down the bridge of my nose. If i will be in a setting with low light, i use a bit more to bring out my bone structure. It may not make me beautiful, but it adds a lovely touch.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No