April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Forte - Replenish Hydrating Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

I used this several times over the few years I had it.Dfoes not hydrate, does not hold in moisture, broke me out almost the whole time I ever wore.It seems that it works at first but it dries and makes wrinkles show up.Don't put under makeup its awful it will seperate your makeup.Does not smooth out any lines on your face.And after trying this for years I have experience with this product.I will not ever repurchase again.I have eczema it does not work for that just irritates it. (I highly recommend CETAPHIL DAILY MOISTURIZER WITH SPF) Read my review for that product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by taltman11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great moisturizer for me during the fall and winter months when my acne-prone skin becomes normal/dry combination (as opposed to normal/oily in spring and oily in summer). It has no real scent, goes on smoothly, and doesn't cause clogged pores or acne. It's especially soothing if I've overdone it with other treatments and irritated my skin. The only flaw is the jar packaging. I wish MD Forte would change the packaging to keep the product sanitary. I can usually find this on sale for 20% off on some of the well-known online beauty websites, so that makes it much more affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by MUBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the great reviews on MUA. I mean, it sounded like a miracle moisturizing cream. However, I didn't really find this hydrating- like deep layer hydration. I found that when I washed my face in the morning, the skin was still dry and the flakes never abated. I also found this pore clogging. It didn't break me out, but gave me tons of clogs. I think the reason why so many people may not have noticed the pore clogging aspect is because they are using this as part of a regimen with AHA's or retinol. But I am not on those and I noticed pretty quickly that this was the culprit. The ingredient listing lists silicones as part of the ingredients, so maybe that has something to do with it? I prefer the Face Shop Extreme Moisture, which feels lighter and actually deeply moisturizes and get rid of flakes in 2 days without breaking me out or clogging my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by justforfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using Paula’s Choice 2% Liquid AHA up until November and unfortunately, this product worsened my skin. Paula’s Choice has great customer service, though, and they refunded me without any questions. After reading all the rave reviews, I decided to order some products from MD Forte. I used their Facial Cleanser II and Facial Lotion II three years ago, but I stopped because “natural” and “organic” was all the rage and I was advised to stop using ‘harsh’ chemicals on my skin. I believe that was a huge mistake because I can remember telling my friends to purchase from MD Forte because I was so happy with the results back then.

So, I ordered from skinstore and used the 20% off coupon that a few reviewers had mentioned (thanks! it worked!). On Christmas Eve, I received my products: Glycare Cleansing Gel, Glycare Perfection Gel, Glycare II, Replenish Hydrating Cream, Facial Lotion III and the Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-masque. With the overnight shipping and tax, I think it came to around $115 or something, which is pretty good if you ask me. That day, I began the regimen for my oily/acne prone skin which can be found here: http://www.skincare-md.com/index.cfm?event=mdforteregimen (you can find the regimen for your skin type) and also used the mask for 15 minutes after cleansing. I should add, however, that this regimen is not advised by MD Forte, but by skinstore, and MD Forte advises that you develop a regimen with your physician or dermatologist – and for good reason too! The first week was like hell for my skin. There was A LOT of purging: my skin was very tingly, the glycare perfection gel, in particular, gave me a burning sensation for the first few days, and I got 4-7 hard pimples on my face (when I usually have 2-3 smaller and manageable ones). However, the first day I used it my mom said that my skin looked better so I think that the mask worked very well and the replenish hydrating cream made my skin velvety smooth. So, purging is to be expected with this regimen, however, if you were using MD Forte II products before, I don’t think it will be as bad. The only reason I went straight to Level III is because I used Jason’s 12% aha gel and PC’s 2% and my skin is very oily, so I thought it would be okay.

Anyway, this past Tuesday, it was officially the second week I had been doing the regimen and even before realizing that, I noticed how much more even my skin has gotten. My face is noticeably smoother, my pores are smaller and my skin tone is more even and I can only thank MD Forte for that. Also, one test I do to see how well the product is working is to do some whitehead extractions on my nose (the white stuff beneath your skin that you can’t really see) and there was a lot less white stuff that came out than before which means that the products are really exfoliating, deep cleansing and rejuvenating my skin. I am really excited to see the full results on week 6 or after the 2 month mark!! I have a lot of scarring and it is definitely fading, and even today my friend said that my makeup looked really good (which has EVERYTHING to do with the canvas you’re putting it on) and I noticed a lot more men looking too ;)

I was going to wait until after 6 weeks of using the products to write a review, but I am so pleased with the results so far that I want you all to know about it. If you have acne or oily skin, do yourself a favor and try MD Forte products and if you’re really gung ho, use the full line like me! It is winter, so using sunscreen is probably not as important as the summer, but you should still get in the habit of using a sunscreen if you are using these products. I use the Vichy 60 SPF (I know its a lot but its weather resistant to) – I put it on after the replenish hydrating cream, and then as a last step I use Cover FX primer before putting on my makeup (cover fx concealer).

Anyway, I will update this review in 4 weeks or if I happen to notice a big change in my skin before then.

P.S. For those who will also do the regimen or use MD forte products, I saw a tip on the website that said that you can do a few glycolic acid masks to speed up the skin renewal process and then you will get clearer skin faster. I definitely don’t have money for that, but to those of you who do, I suggest you talk to your derm about that.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by buffysaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, this one hurts. Man, did I love this stuff at first. I'd thought I'd found my HG -- finally, a winter moisturizer that didn't disappear after 10 minutes, leaving my Tazorac-irritated and flaky skin untouched. Loved the magically absorbing petrolatum-ish/silicone texture. Loved the reviews (didn't love the price, but found it discounted online).

But then. THEN. After a few months, I had to come to the conclusion that it was making my moderate/severe cystic acne worse. I was starting to have eruptions on my forehead, a place that almost never caused any trouble before. Sure, there were other suspects, but this cream was the most likely. Sigh. Onto Olay Regenerist....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by klyoung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream, (however the texture is somewhere between cream and gel like). I have dry sensitive skin (rosacea). It really hydrates my skin really well. I have been using it for a few months now and it has not irritated my skin at all. The downside is that it is expensive, $50.00 for a 2 oz. jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by jenni1965

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My spa gave me this to use after microdermabrastion because it is absolutely nonirritating. At first it is like "holy crap" , someone just spread vasoline on my face" but it is not like that. Wait and it will absorb and is not greasy or pore clogging. Trust in the brand as they know what they are doing. The only drawback to this is that for some reason it makes any hair fuzz show more when foundation is applied (why this is I have no idea but that is what it does to me!! - weird). It does not have any glycolic in it though which is what MD forte is all about. It is for use primarily after spa treatments because you can't have glycolic immediately following. Sometieme I like to mix a bit of my facial cream I (with gycolic) in with a dab of this replenish hydrating which makes a really nice combination. Packaging again (like my review of facial cream I) leaves a bit to be desired. It is a plastic pot with whole top coming off. I prefer pumps or tubes for bacteria reasons. Fingers in the product twice a day probably introduces unwanted bacteria which ends up on face. But, I've had no problems and only great results so I guess it is not something to worry about.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by yazgirl

At first, I thought this cream was a bit odd- a weird silicony texture. It kind of reminded me of vaseline, except without the greasiness. But now.. after using it for about 2 weeks, I am in love with this cream. I have acne-prone skin that is also sensitive and I use retin-a, which has made my face clear but even more sensitive that I am usually. The MDForte Replenish Hydrating cream is completely non irritating. It is extremely soothing and moisturizes instantly. What I love about it is that it gives me a matte look. It's almost like a shine absorber. I have used plenty of sensitive skin creams in the past that have still stung my face and did not moisturize enough, especially in the winter, but this cream seems to make my face attract moisture without making it look oily.

It does not break me out at all. The only negative is the price (about $50 from dermstore) but the 2oz container will probably last at least 6 months, so it is definitely worth it. A little goes a long way. I love the simple and clean packaging. Also, it balls up a little under sunscreen because of the silicone but only if I rub in the sunscreen a bit.

I have finally found the almost perfect face cream after 27 years. I love dermstore and makeup alley.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by poodlelova14

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this face cream! You can't really call it a cream, it's a unique texture, I can't really explain. It is ridiculusly priced for what you get, but so is La Mer. Why this face cream dosen't get as much or equal attention as La Mer is beyond me. This moisterizer has great water-binding agents and antioxidants. It will make your face smooth and soft. I used it for a very long time, and it never made me to oily or overly dry like alot of face creams do. It has no fragrance, and no pore clogging ingredients, so those with sensitive skin who have problems with acne should check this out. By no means is this a miricle moisterizer, it wont do anything terribly drastic like shrink your pores or even out your skin tone, but it will norish your skin and make it feel fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by hmal74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of MD Forte and this cream is really good too. It sinks in immediately and doesn't leave a greasy surface. A little goes a long way. Don't take too much of it because it will leave a waxy surface. I use it both day and night but for very dry skin, I would recommend something richer at night. It doesn't DO anything really, just moisturizes the skin after the alpha hydroxy cleansers, but that is what it says on the jar too. Doesnt have any smell, no colour and unfortunately no SPF which I would have liked in the daytime. This is my second jar and I like it but my curiosity makes me try another cream the next time, but I really recommend it to people with semi-dry , normal, combination and oily skin. A minus for the jar, it would have been better with a tube. It's not a heavy glass jar though, plastic light, but still...