December 21, 2014 | 982 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by SianLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first bought this brush for my powder blush although I feel like it is to big to be a blush brush, I now use this as an all over powder brush and for powder highlighter. The powder brush from the real techniques set is too large for many little creases within the face so this is the perfect brush to do so. This brush is so easy to clean like all the other real techniques brushes and after cleaning feels like brand new, I have had this brush for over a year now and it is still like I bought it yesterday, with no loss of bristles or shape.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this blush best for extremely pigmented blushes as to not over do it. With my other blushes it doesn't pick up and deposit enough blush for me (I'm using quality blushes- Tarte & Nars so it's not the blush that is the issue). I have to repeatedly layer my blush to get it somewhat visible. I also feel this brush is too large for the intended purpose. On the up side, it doesn't shed, isn't scratchy and is very affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just like the reviewer before me, I also purchased this as an all-over powder brush, and I'm very pleased with how it works. It disperses a light and even amount of powder, and with the tapered tip I can concentrate it more on my t-zone. It gives a really lovely finish to the skin and doesn't cause my foundation to cake up. I've personally found it works great as a quick blush brush, though I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone because it is quite large. I've found that it works well with some of my more pigmented blushes to help disperse the product nicely, but if I'm looking for more control I still use smaller brushes for that level of precision. If you have smaller features, I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a blush brush. The quality is fantastic, it's very soft, easy to clean, I like the sturdy handle, and quite frankly I think it's beyond great value for money.

Overall I'm incredibly pleased with my purchase. I was in the market for a powder brush that could be multi-functional and that's what I got.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by oliviachann

I bought this brush not for blush but to use as a powder brush. I needed something tapered and fluffy to use for my translucent finishing powder.

As a powder brush, it works brilliantly and puts on the perfect amount of powder.

I have cleaned it and used it as a blush brush but I found that it is too fluffy for blush and doesn't work will for bronzer either. When I used it for bronzer I found that it applied almost blotchy and I ended up taking off my makeup and redoing it.

The price for brushes aren't bad, similar to the rest of their line but I don't think I would purchase this again as I have too many brushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fluffy oversized blush brush which I consider better suited for a light all-over dusting of finishing powder than for controlled application of blush.

I like the shape of it, which is rounded with a very slight tapered end and I think the way the bristles are arranged lends itself well to blending products. It's worth consideration, however it might be best to purchase in-store or take a look at it first so you have an idea of what size it is (as it may be too big for applying blush unless you have a very light hand).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I really like this brush. It's very soft, fluffy and affordable. I don't use it for blush since I like to use a more firm brush for precise placement. But I LOVE using this to contour, since you get such a light application due to it being so fluffy. It works great for bronzer, and it's never shed even after I've washed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sevinj94

Magic Brush! Very good quality and best price!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by AgadorSpartacus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush for very pigmented blushes!! I use it for my theBalm Instain blushes, and some of my Nars blushes (Exhibit A, for example). I tap the brush in the blush a few times, and it works well to sheer out and blend the blush without getting the clown face going on.

It's a big brush, but I don't apply product to the whole area- just the very tip of the brush. Then I use the tapered bristles to blend the color. It diffuses it perfectly.

I wouldn't try to use this on anything but a very pigmented blush, as I can't see it picking up enough product to be anything but frustrating, but if you like bright (or dark) pigmented blushes, like me, this is a great brush!

The only thing I don't like about it is the handle. I don't like that they made it so thick at the bottom. I understand that they wanted it to stand on it's own, but I never do that. Mine lives in a brush holder with the rest of my brushes and just takes up excess space. Because of that, I have moved on to the It for Ulta Live BeautyFully Domed Powder brush. It's got the same great shape, but a handle that plays well with others.

Still, I keep this for a backup, and I will never bring myself to get rid of it. I highly recommend this brush in spite of the handle. For the price, the quality is amazing, and it's quite a unique brush in it's price range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush at Ulta because I wanted to try a "dome" blush brush. I like it, its much different than any blush brush I have tried before, and it does blend beautifully. Sometimes its a bit difficult to control because of how large it is though. Its a very nice brush but I'm not sure that if I misplaced it I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: The brush is so soft and fluffy - it literally feels like you are brushing a rabbit's tail across your face. Given the excellent quality of the brush, the price is quite affordable, especially for individuals who are just starting in makeup.

CONS: The brush is too big for my face, and the bristles are too long. That being said, I didn't have very much control when applying my blush, and thus often had uneven blush application. Sometimes, I even felt like my blush was getting applied everywhere on my cheeks when I wanted it to target a specific area. I feel that if the bristles were shorter and more densely packed, it would have much better functionality.

FINAL THOUGHT: Overall, I think it's a great brush, but it just didn't work for my cheeks.