October 26, 2014 | 873 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ocean salt has mixed reviews and I believe part of that is because of a misunderstanding of the product. This scrub is a mix of fine and coarse salt and is layered in the tub. The top layer is very coarse and NOT very suitable for face use. I used this bit of the scrub for elbows, legs, etc. The bottom layer is pretty fine and is perfect for use on the face. I found that this scrub is a very good for exfoliating and smoothing skin, as well as preventing blackheads. This scrub did not break me out; I do not have sensitive skin, however, so please keep that in mind. The smell does kind of remind me of salt water (appropriate!) But it doesn't stick around in the slightest. The price is my one complaint, but I find that you often get what you pay for. 5/5

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by skylight106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I started using this about 5 or so months ago, when my "bacne" was quite bad. It really made my skin feel dry, so I stopped. But I retried it just a few weeks ago, using an Aveeno skin relief body wash afterwards, and it's made a difference. I only have the occasional bumb now. I don't know if I'll buy again as it is pricey in my opinion. But overall, good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by miriammak97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the sleek black packaging that most Lush products come in, with the tub packaging you can make sure you're getting every last drop of the product.
Moving on to the scent and texture: The scent is very citrus-y, you can also smell a tiny hint of the vodka that is in the scrub. The texture is the perfect medium; not too grainy and not too gentle. It gets the job done without being too abrasive or melting before having the chance to actually scrub your skin.
However, I did find that after 10 seconds or so, the salt particles began to break down into my skin and melt into an oil-like substance (either it was the salt or the other ingredients in the scrub i'm not entirely sure). I didn't mind this too much as it felt very moisturizing without leaving heavy residue on my face which I personally hate the feel of. After I got out of the shower and patted my face dry, my face felt very smooth and refreshed and I noticed that my moisturizer went on a lot smoother.

Overall, I liked the product however I will probably stick to my St. Ives Apricot Scrub which is a fraction of the price and does the job just as well if not better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Meemiep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love everything about it; except the taste.
I use this maybe once a week or when I break out, I always feel like this scrub scrubs more than other scrubs (phew, what a sentence).
Make sure to not get any of it in your mouth though, unless youre gonna drink tequilla after - it's not pleasant ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ocean Salt is a very nice body scrub but it's package indicates that it is for face and body. That said, although I liked the product and I love the smell I cannot use it on my face because it contains some pore clogging ingredients that cause me to break out. It has a thinner consistency than most scrubs I've used, which didn't make me like how it worked any less but it does mean you go through it faster. The amount of body scrub you get and how long it lasts for the price is a little high.
If I got this as a gift in the future I'd be happy or if it were on sale I may purchase it again for the smell but it didn't work any wonders to make me want to rush out to buy more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use a small amount of this when my face is broken out with allergies, or itchy with small sores. I know salt on an open wound sounds bad, but it acts as an antiseptic and clears things up for me. Occasional use only on my face. Like 2X a month. I do not use oily things in the shower cuz they are horrible to scrub out of the tub!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jsscavt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing product! It's a bit on the pricey side but I really do think it's worth the money. I've tried other body scrubs and they honestly dont compare to this at all! It smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling baby soft. I don't recommend using it on your face, though. From my experience and my family and friends' experiences, it actually made our skin break out...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by TheRedQueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a regular sized pot of this on my last LUSH outing and thought I'd try it out since I am a huge fan of salt and sugar scrubs. On first opening the tub, my immediate thought was wow, this smells good. If you've ever been to a cocktail bar and ordered a citrus vodka mix with a slice of lemon and rosemary, Ocean Salt is exactly like that but in a tub. Really gorgeous and fresh. Using it was unfortunately a different story. The amount of salt in the scrub was a little lacking, leaving my skin feeling a little oily, as if I'd just been rubbing a lotion on it. This also gets used up VERY quickly due to the fact that it doesn't have a thick texture. If you used this every day sparingly, I predict that it would last less than two weeks. If that. Kind of disappointing considering the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Gail2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

They call it ďA vodka infused cocktail for bright, fresh skinĒ - I call it the Number One skin smoother and refresher. Reason? This mixture of coarse and fine sea salt scrub with organic lime juice and avocado butter not only chases away any dead skin (think feet, knees, elbows) but shines and softens.

Methinks the combination of sea salts is one reason why it isnít at all abrasive as are some other scrubs. After all, if I wanted sandpaper Iíd go to a hardware store. Somehow this scrub from Lush cleanses thoroughly (weíre saying totally clean!) and pampers at the same time.

Just scoop out as much or as little as you want and scrub all over wet skin then rinse off. There! Didnít I tell you so? Just a tiny amount is needed if youíre doing your face (Ĺ teaspoon for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok idk why but when i first bought this i wasn't nuts about it, i wasn't that into the smell etc...anyway fast forward>> my hubby goes out of town and takes all the body wash so I'm "stuck" with this...i used it for a few days when i realized i could still get a whiff of my ocean freshness deep into the day! then i found myself craving it and before long every shower was paradise! i adore this stuff i literally use it from my feet to my face, its soooo versatile! you will feel and smell soooo clean and it makes every shower feel like a spa day!