LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 8/18/2015 5:59:00 PM

Absolutely AMAZING body scrub. This is the only product that has cleared my chest and back. Right after I use this my skin feels so clean and refreshing. It says you can use this for your face by I found it to be too harsh, I personally would recommend this for your body only. This was my first LUSH purchase and I absolutely love it. I'm going to repurchase once I run out! The smell is amazing too.

on 8/11/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

What an amazing scrub! Ocean Salt is more abrasive, with larger grains, than your average scrub. It feels great! Ocean Salt leaves my skin feel smooth and leaves my face glowing. The scent is great and invigorating. I love this product. Can't live without it!

on 8/11/2015 4:07:00 PM

I am ADDICTED to the smell of this stuff. Like another user said it smells like a margarita and the ocean. I just bought a $36 8.8 oz. jar of this which is a lot for me when I barely spend that kind of money on jeans or a top because I like to be frugal. Having said that, this scrub is SO worth the money. Like I said the smell is intoxicating and the feeling of freshness after washing your face with this stuff is heaven. I will continue to buy this stuff forever if I can.

on 8/5/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing body scrub. I can't use this kind of thing on my face, which is sensitive, but it's great for body care. I went through several jars of this over two years. It was the best thing for getting rid of dry skin on my feet, and I loved it as a body exfoliant. I love the scent (although that's one of the reasons I cannot use it facially) and it's a pretty shade of aqua. So it does have dye and fragrance.

All the Lush stuff is handmade, which is neat. It was fun stirring up a fresh container of it when brand new. I used to transfer it to a container with a better lid so I could keep it in the shower. My skin felt soft when I was using this regularly and then following with body butter from The Body Shop. My feet never looked better. A jar of Ocean Salt would last me a couple of months, and I would be sad whenever I ran out.

I consider Lush to be a luxury brand because even though the store is friendly and the products have a quaint earthy vibe, I go through the products quickly and so the cost does add up. Getting addicted to Lush is very hard on my wallet.

The last time I ran out of Ocean Salt, I needed money for other things (car maintenance, groceries, medication), so this scrub hasn't been in my bathroom for quite some time. Ocean is a great little scrub and when my finances improve someday, I'd buy more. However, it's not gentle enough for my face.

Lush is cruelty free. $21.95 for 4.2 ounces, $35.95 for 8.8 ounces. The new "self-preserving" formula no longer contains parabens.

INGREDIENTS of Self-Preserving Ocean Salt:

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Hand Harvested Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus Paradisi) , Organic Silken Tofu , Glycerine , Japan Wax (Rhus Succedanea) , Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Fresh Organic Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia) , Mango Butter (Mangifera indica) , Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) , Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus) , Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata) , *Limonene , Linalool , Fragrance , Blue 1 . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 8/5/2015 4:07:00 AM

I wish I could post the before / after photos from using this product. It's amazing!
To give you some context, I'm 24 and struggled with bad acne through high school. Now, it's mostly under control but there is never a day where I am pimple-free or happy with my skin.
I took a trip to Lush after my friend recommended I try their stuff. I've always been a firm believer in super medical, chemically (not a word but you get it) products, AKA the more benzoyl peroxide the better!! But this really wasn't working for me so I decided to try something new.
I picked up the Ocean Salt scrub and the Cosmetic Warrior face mask.
After a few applications of both I didn't notice much. However, it's now been 2 weeks and my skin is looking amazing. Not only have my little blemishes cleared up, but my acne scars are also starting to look lighter.
I am so happy I gave natural products a chance. I wish I had tried sooner.

FYI my current regimen: I use the Ocean Salt scrub / Cosmetic Warrior face mask every other day. Then follow with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner & Ole Henricksen Vitamin Plus moisturizer.
Days that I don't use my Lush products I just cleanse with a basic Neutrogena cleanser, then follow with above toner & moisturizer

on 7/3/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Another product I refuse to live without. Lasts forever, and is very effective. Didn't think it would be great for dry skin, but using it twice a week keeps my skin from getting congested. I love the smell, and the avocado butter makes the scrub very soft afterwards. I wish I could take a bath in this stuff. Smells amazing, like a margarita and the ocean

on 6/29/2015 12:19:00 AM

I brought this after watching Shaaanxo on YouTube review several lush products. I love the smell and texture (smells like the beach and kinda alcoholic because of the vodka and lime and it's quite thick with corse salt granules). I use this a couple times a week when my skin feels a bit blah and needs that little pick me up after cleansing. A really good exfoliator. Lush products can be really $$$$ (hence only 4 lippys) but a few are definitely worth the price tag, even got my bf into using this product. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product at the lush on Lincoln Road, FL and I just want to say that its one of the best body scrubs I have ever purchased. I don't use it as a facial scrub though because I'm scared its rough texture will damage my skin which is pretty sensitive. It smell's so amazingly good (like ocean salt and margarita mix almost) and I just cant stop using it! It leaves my skin so smooth and fresh as well as squeaky clean. I will probably never stop buying this item for as long as Lush is around. Although it's a little pricy, all of it (or most of the income I forgot) goes to charity in order to help clean our oceans from plastic and stuff. I love that about this product.

The people who work at lush are also pretty amazing (shout out to George I think It was who got me addicted to this product. Rock on dude!)

on 5/30/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this scrub to see what all the buzz was about and I must say that I am less than pleased with it. I thought it was going to be quite a thick scrub however when I use it I feel like my Tree Hut scrub is thicker and does a better exfoliating job. Mind you this is a salt scrub and Tree Hut is a sugar scrub so there will obviously be differences. In addition to that, the price for this stuff is ridiculous and not cost effective in my opinion. I won't be repurchasing as I have way too many body scrubs in rotation to spend that kind of money on this stuff.

on 5/29/2015 5:56:00 PM

Great scrub for body but not my sensitive face. I will buy this always as long as lush will be in business. This is my must have. This cost $35.95/250g. Love it. This make my skin soft and smooth. Smell nice and not over power.

Popular Scrubs