The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Chelating Agent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyisobutene (Binder), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Natural Additive), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 4/8/2015 5:41:00 AM

I would describe my skin as normal, but it gets drier during winter and after use of cleanser. This product is directed towards oily skin, so I figured that it might not work for me. However, I realised that normal moisturizing creams , like the ones you get in jars, are usually not fully absorded by my skin and therefore there is excess moisture.

I thought of trying this product since it was a gel formula and thus, less heavy and more soothing plus it contained tea tree oil which i hoped might help prevent breakouts or even help with red acne marks that I have here and there. I read many reviews on this product and heard that it was drying for some people, but I decided to give it a go since i could get it for 6euro with a 30% off coupon i had.

Pros
1) Easily absorded : This product is absorbed super fast after I apply it.
2) Texture:I really love the matte feeling i get after applying it. Skin feels velvety soft, as if you didn't just use a moisturiser.
3) Scent: Some people are not fond of scent or tea tree oil scent in particular, but I am very fond of it. It smells refreshing and hygienic,

Cons
1 )Unfortunately, as much as I wanted this to work, it did dry my skin. I realised that some areas on my skin would get a bit flaky after I application and even though my skin felt soft, I didn't feel moisturised.
2) I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I noticed that whenever I use this product and put on sunscreen afterwards, the latter starts forming tiny white dots as if the product is drying out, which I definitely didn't like.

Packaging : Not too bad, but I would always prefer i pump, though I rarely come across one when it comes to moisturisers. At least it's not a jar. I figured that its cap doesn't fully close and there is a small opening unless i give it another push. It's fine though, since product doesn't run out and even if it does, it's just a bit of it and you can use it on your next application.

That said, I will attempt to use it more once the weather gets warmer and see whether it is better to use it during warmer seasons or if it's generally not working for me. Another idea could be to use another moisturiser, then put this on as a primer to get a more matte texture and proceed on using foundation. I haven't tried this yet, since I stopped wearing foundation but will give it a try when i get a new one.

on 4/3/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS!!! I love the body shop's tea tree line especially this lotion and the tea tree oil. I use this during the day after applying my toner. Sure I still have to blot every 3 to 4 hours but I have to say that my face become less oily. Since I havent bought the night lotion yet, I also use this at night. At first I didnt see any difference but after continously using this, my face does get better! My spot blemishes are fading and my face becomes smoother.

on 3/12/2015 10:10:00 PM

I don't have acne but I have occasional breakouts and nothing seemed to help clear them. I only use this product at night on my problem areas and with the face wash it helped clear my skin and keep it clear. The lotion is drying and I have dry skin so I just follow with a moisturizer at night and I don't have any problems! It's wonderful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lotion. It helped to clear out my acne .Its really smooth and soft and does not make my skin oily. It helps to mattify my face.Perfect for hot oliy summer days.However over winter I layer this with another product like a serum.That is because it dosent give enough moisture your skin needs.

At first I thought I'd use this to clear my skin, which I don't think it's great for. I don't notice it clearing my skin NOR aggravating it. Unlike other products that claim to clear skin, including other "moisturizers," this does NOT dry out my skin! I would definitely consider repurchasing this as a moisturizer. However, if you're looking for a zit zapper, this isn't it. Want a moisturizer that won't aggravate your acne? Give it a try.

Reasonably priced, easy to find product.

on 1/13/2015 7:03:00 PM

I bought this to go with the tea tree face wash. Same thing happened with this so drying and really irritated my skin. Left my face so tight it actually hurt to smile or frown and left a white powdery residue on my face. So disappointed as I spent 30 on the whole range just for it to be wasted.

Received this in a set with the cleanser and toner. Used this regimen for a week or so and here are my thoughts on the lotion:

Pros
-Clears up pimples overnight and softens acne scars
-Baby soft skin
-Lends some oil control to your face throughout the day
-Fair trade
-Non-greasy & fast-drying

Cons
-Extremely uncomfortable burning sensation on my face after application
-Medicinal smell (personally not a fan)
-Leaves traces of redness on my face

Recommend only using this line of products if you're having a bad acne day or week. I personally did not enjoy using this product because I felt like it was literally burning the acne off my face. I'd probably only re-purchase the cleanser and use Neutrogena's gentler moisturizers.

on 9/3/2014 5:40:00 PM

Absolutely love this product! Been using this for about 8 months along with the blemish fade night lotion and I just love this. Goes on smooth, dries quickly and comes in a handy tube. The lotion itself is a slight green tinge and smells quite strongly of tea tree (obvs) but that doesn't bother me too much, the smell soon lingers and then disappears. This lotion also has a mattifying effect which, along with the all in one primer helps keep my super oily t-zone looking decent for a few hours. Great stuff. Definitely repurchasing and would recommend to anyone with oily skin/acne prone skin.

on 9/1/2014 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great for oily skin but a bit drying, make sure to use sun screen after using this. Great for pimples.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Would recommend this to anyone who gets the occasional breakouts. Love it, and especially with the toner, nothing has been better for my acne ever. Well worth the price and have nothing bad to say about this cream. Love this! <3