Cover Girl Natureluxe Gloss Balm

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7% Metoxicinamato De Octilo 7%. Ingredients:Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil Aceite De Ricino (Ricinus Communis), Lanolin Oil Aceite De Lanolina, Polybutene Polibuteno, Lanolin Lanolina, Petrolatum Vaselina, Ozokerite Ozocerita, Oleyl Alcohol Alcohol Ole√≠lico, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla Cera De Candelilla (Euphorbia Cerifera), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate Hidroxiestearato De Etilhexilo, Cetyl Alcohol Alcohol Cet√≠lico, Paraffin Parafina,Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol Alcohol De Lanolina Acetilado, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter Mantequilla De Cacao (Theobroma Cacao), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter Mantequilla De Mango (Mangifera Indica), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Mantequilla De Karit√© (Butyrospermum Parkii), Fragrance/Parfum Fragancia, Glyceryl Oleate Oleato De Glicerilo, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil Aceite De Coco (Cocos Nucifera), Propylparaben Propilparabeno, Tocopheryl Acetate Acetato De Tocoferilo, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Extracto De Hoja De √Āloe, Ascorbyl Palmitate Palmitato De Ascorbilo, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite Fluorflogopita Sint√©tica, Propylene Glycol Propilenglicol, May Contain/Peut Contenir/Puede Contener: Mica Mica, Titanium Dioxide Di√≥xido De Titanio, Yellow 5 Lake Amarillo 5 Laca, Red 6 Lake Rojo 6 Laca, Iron Oxides √ďxidos De Hierro, Bismuth Oxychloride Oxicloruro De Bismuto, Red 7 Lake Rojo 7 Laca, Red 27 Lake Rojo 27 Laca, Blue 1 Lake Azul 1 Laca, Carmine Carm√≠n

on 7/7/2013 3:32:00 AM

Tried this one after buying it today and unfortunately it's not what I'm after.

I was really hoping it would be halfway between a lipstick and lipgloss but its more towards the gloss side with little colour (despite using Anemone, the brightest colour). My lips are quite dark though so those with paler skin might find it brighter. You do need a few swipes of it to get a decent amount of colour but it hardly creates a dent in the tube so you're looking at a long lasting product. This will be beneficial as the staying power of this is pretty useless and will wear off after eating/drinking or simply 2-3 hours.

That said, the moisturising quality is top notch and I'll be using this everyday as a regular balm once my current one runs out. I had a few tears in my lip from it being too dry but these have been soothed by the balm and arent stinging.

Packaging is good and the product doesn't have a heavy, sticky feel like a lot of products.

Will not purchase again though because I can buy a cheaper balm and lip colour and use them together.

Edit 30/12/2013: I have grown to love the sheerness of this product. It gives my face a little lift but isn't quite as dramatic as a lipstick, which makes it perfect for Uni/school/day wear. Still wouldn't repurchase however as I believe there are better products out there.

on 6/3/2013 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I agree with the other reviewers. Found this at a local Walgreens - and I truly believe this line is being d/c'ed if it has not been already. They sell for $7.49 - then were marked 50% off and then was buy 1 get 1 free - so for less than $6 I got Tulip and Thistle. Both are way too "wimpy" and frostier than I would have thought. Sheer blush pink with an OK (hydrating) balmish texture. For $3 - fine but no way for $7.49.

P.S I got these because I also have hibiscus which I got from a friend and I loved it - but the other 2 shades are not pigmented enough.

PROS: Sheer and light color with a little gloss. Price is right.

CONS: The colors are not as dark/pigmented on as they look in the stick. The lighter ones are more like a gloss than actually delivering much pigment.

ALTERNATES: Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Sheers are quite nice and similar to this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product lands somewhere between a tinted lip balm and a sheer lipstick. It definitely does not feel as heavy or drying as a lipstick, but not as moisturizing as a regular lip balm. The color is sheer but definitely noticeable, especially with a few swipes. I got Hibiscus, which is a nice subtle, natural color, and Peony, which is a beautiful sheer berry red. It's a nice way to wear red lips in a subtle way. The packaging is cute too.

Things I didn't like: The price is pretty high (about $7-8) for a drugstore lip product, especially considering that it's about half the size of a typical lip balm (1.9 g). And for some weird reason the label was peeling off the ones I bought. I managed to get a pretty decent deal on these through a sale and a coupon. Although I do really like the product, that's the only way I would repurchase, because I'm not sure between the price and small size that it would be a value otherwise.

on 10/22/2012 3:11:00 PM

Beautiful is all I have to say I own the colors Thistle (cooling, shimmery pink) and Muscat (warming, shimmery red). Really makes my lips feel moisterized and protected from the UVA/UVB rays. Prettier substitute for chapstick and I love to use it. I just wish that there was more for what you paid for. I found it quite expensive for what you got. Great product though.

on 9/21/2012 9:33:00 PM

I really like this lip product. It's a cross between a gloss and a lip balm- perfect for me. Not too sticky or glossy. It comes in great shades and you don't need to put it on with the precision like you would a sharp lipstick. I can sweep some on throughout the day without a mirror, it's like a prettier version of a chapstick. EXCEPT covergirl needs to figure it out with the shimmer in their lipstick. Like so much shimmer and I can't wear that because I am not a shimmer girl.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I went to a concert and they gave us goody bags with one of these but I took three. I got One in thistle and a browny color I forgot the name of. I wOuld not pay regular price for these but I like them they're good lipbalms but the thistle one is too metallic and almost all of them are frost finishes I would buy something else because they're too expensive for what you get

on 8/11/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been wearing this every day since I bought it half a year ago - it's perfect. I wear 'anemone' (#225) - it's bright and pretty, but still looks very easy and natural. It wears like a dream - the colour lasts, it's moisturizing, and it doesn't feel tacky or too glossy.
My absolute favourite thing about it is that even when I chew my lip (bad habit) it doesn't clump up or fade weirdly like other lipchaps and glosses have done.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this. I bought this summer '11 in "Cinnamon" (#275). Still use it today. I just gotta make sure my lips aren't dry or chapped when i want to put it on, so i put on some petroleum jelly or generic moisturizing balm as like a base, before I apply it. It's awesome with my tan skin and seems to match with everything. I noticed i was running out, so I took a teeny tiny lip brush and swiped it into the product - i wanna make sure i use EVERYTHING lol before i buy another one since it's so pricey.

on 7/12/2012 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product because it's glossy and moisturizes my lips at the same time. It smells good, like sunscreen. I have shade #245 and I love it! It looks really nice. I definitely recommend it!