August 23, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by MMBisMe903

Ehh. I'm sort of on the fence about this. I was super hyped when this first came out, I bought like every single color, I tried them and I was let down. If I had to pick a favorite it'd be Peach Kiss, I found myself grabbing this one a lot more than the others, and I like the SPF. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by FionaKemp

I love Baby Lips. If you're in need of a chap stick/gloss either to look cute or just cover your lips I would definitely recommend this. Depending on the flavor you get they last for a while. My absolute favorite is Twinkle because it's a clear color that smells great and lasts for quite some time. Definitely would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by joannajlfx

Love it! Cute packaging, smells delicious, colour is great and super moisturising! Nothing to fault

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by thrillclauds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product so much. I wear it on a daily basis! So moisturizing!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by siminims

When you get a good tube of Baby Lips, it's GREAT.

But when you get a bad tube, MAN is it bad.

My main problem with Baby Lips is the inconsistency. Pink Punch gives me a great, bright pop of color, and Cherry Me gives me a beautifully hydrated, glossy, red-pink finish. Cherry Me reminds me of cellophane candy wrappers actually: bright but transparent. Pink Punch is more opaque.
However, Peach Kiss was chalky and drying, though the smell was lovely, and though I loved the purple-red finish of Grape Vine, I weirdly had a mild allergic reaction to it. The more I used it, the drier my lips got, it was bizarre.

So to sum it up, 2/4 shades I tried were wonderful, 1/4 was underwhelming and 1/4 caused an allergic reaction. That's why I took off two lippies, for the staggering inconsistency. But I still vouch for Baby Lips because the good shades are both pretty and moisturizing, as a lip balm should be. c:

Also the packaging is straight up adorable. Small, bright and cute. It's incredibly easy to pop off the top and apply it one-handed in the car without getting distracted, and it's impossible to lose in my bag.

A note about the Dr. Rescue BL: I have one in Soothing Sorbet, and it's alright. Makes me smell like a Halls throat lozenge but the color is pretty. It doesn't have the same slip as the original BL in my opinion--takes a bit of work to get on smoothly and it can ball up in places.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by SlightlyKristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good lip product if you want a hint of color without completely drying out your lips.

Pros:

-Good color payoff
-Good price
-Awesome smell (except for the Dr. Rescue line.)
-Cute packaging
-Moisturizing

Cons:

-Have to keep re-applying throughout the day to keep the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Cute packaging and very nice colour pay off. Great for everyday, and easy to use. I like the tint it leaves, but these are definitely not moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Itsjustkristy

I like the scents, packaging and colours but i don't find these moisturising IMO, it's a lip balm so it's meant to moisturise my lips right? Well for 2.99 i was kinda disappointed tbh because i've use much more moisturising lip balms that were much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by canarydiamond14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have many colors/flavors of Baby Lips lip balm, and they're almost like Lip Smackers for grown-ups. Inexpensive, fun, smell good, and have a sheer wash of color.

My newest addition is a sparkly Baby Lips Crystal, and I really like it. It's not crazy glitter so it's definitely adult-appropriate, but it's fun.

I give it 4 stars because it's not exactly a save-your-lips-in-the-middle-of-winter type product, but it's not really meant to be, I don't think. It's moisturizing enough.. and the packaging is cute.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Hollylolly123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They are very cute an smell nice, I have the the pink one with yellow writing which is tropical punch! I absoloutly LOVE the smell! But as others have said already, as it wears off it does make your lips even drier than they were before which is a problem!