July 29, 2014 | 1907 users online

Hair Removal - Nair - Naturally Smooth Warm Wax

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by sixessu

This product looks and smells beautiful. If only it worked this would be my go-to wax...but it doesn't remove ANY hair!!! No matter how I varied the temperature or the application it just did not remove anything at all. Total waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a review for Nair Naturally Smooth Warm Wax with Peach and Melon Extracts. This is a vegan product (I called the company and was told the glycerin in it is of vegetable origin, also it is not tested on animals). It is a water rinseable sugar wax. I use it only to wax my moustache, I do not use it on other body parts. The kit comes with a wooden applicator and washable strips. Although is is not designed for the upper lip area, I find that is removes most hair there easily and somewhat effectively. There are still some hairs left, which I usually go over with more wax or tweeze individually. I recommend this wax kit as a good drugstore buy. I would repurchase, however I am waiting to try a new vegan wax made especially for moustache removal.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyballerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Please dont buy this product! It is terrible! It burned my skin. Well perhaps Its because My skin is sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Painful and does not remove hair. DO NOT BUY.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by KuruKc

Grabbed this off the shelf after running out of my favorite hard wax. Very disappointed due to the fact NO hair was coming off. Tried multiple parts of my body. Will not buy. Do not recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this thinking im gona have smooth skin in a jiffy yay. But no.

I followed instructions to a t. Applied a thin layer (which is extremely difficult unless you heat it till it boils, pop it back into the microwave every single minute to maintain the liquidy consistency.) Then applied the cloth strip and pulled. NOTHING CAME OFF! Its like the wax isnt sticky at all!! After many many tries I gave up. I am no novice at home waxing, but this was just unworkable. The problem with this wax is its water soluble. Which means it will react with moisture in the air and lose its stickiness.

I went back to veet strips and while they are slower than soft wax applied with cloth strips, they did the job.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm no pro at waxing, but I know it has to be easier than this. Did exactly what it said, let the hair on my legs grow out, applied a thin layer, and pulled. I would say it got MAYBE 10% of the hairs in the areas that I tried. It took me 30 minutes to even make a dent, so I can't even imagine how long it would take to do both legs fully. I tried this on three separate occasions and it didn't work at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This doesn't work at all on coarse hair. my leg hair is very dark and thick. I followed the directions to a T and ONE hair came out. I am so dissatisfied it isn't even funny. also, when you go to open the lid on the wax pot, there is a plastic shrink wrap that you have to peel off which the wax will inevitably be sticking to and makes a bog stringy mess. this is the worst product I've ever used. returning it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

50 million times better than the wax strips you rub between your palms! Self-waxing is not for a novice, particularly a kit like this. You get a supply of washable cloth strips, a big tub of sugar wax, a little stick for spreading, and a few bonus wax strips for an upper lip or eyebrow. The key with sugar wax is applying a thin, consistent layer. I bought this for my bikini wax and it took me a minute or two to get started, but I was thrilled with the results. Initially, I applied too much wax which prevented the hairs from adhering. I got fantastic, one yank results from using just enough wax to cover the hairs. It only took me about 3 strips to do my whole bikini area and it was near perfect. I was skeptical about the strips being washable but because of the sugar wax, all the gunk just dissolves leaving you with a fresh strip- awesome! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Awful product. Let me state that I simply hate stubble. Meaning, I hate excess hair on my body. Or any hair at all. This was half off, so I only paid 4 dollars for it, but even for that, this junk didn't work.

However, the strips are washable, in hot water, no soap, everything comes off. And it was easy to use.

It just didn't work! Having to wait a few days for the hair to grow to the proper length was the worst. I felt pretty gross. Then, I was so excited to try this. I followed the directions to a T, grabbed the end of the cloth, and pulled, hoping to have a nice, bald patch on my legs.

Nothing. Not even 5 hairs came off. What a bummer. I went and washed all the residue off, and hopped in the shower.

And let me tell you, after I shaved, I felt so, so much better.