Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

on 9/19/2015 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Only just bought this product and I loving it as a eyeliner,will be amazed if my eyelashes grow! Will get back to you!!

on 9/19/2015 2:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'd heard about this from a YouTuber but had no intention on trying it, I was pretty content with my cheapo jordana liner. I was at ulta a few months back during their 40% sale which included physicians formula, a brand I seem to overlook. I remembered the praise it got on YouTube so I figured I'd try it.
OK, there's 2 reasons why I'm hooked. I wear winged liner everyday and have been for years. I've recently switched from contacts to glasses full time which has been tough in regards to eyeliner since I'm so blind but this eyeliner makes it so damn easy! It applies very smoothly no tugging or skipping and is very black. I think I bought it in very black? I ignored the claims on the packaging I just felt glad to find such a great liner. WELL after using daily for about 2 months( still on the first one BTW which is amazing) I went to put in mascara today and couldn't figure out why my eye lashes looked so different but after I finished my makeup I realized they are super long!!! I've done nothing different to try to promote growth so its 100% from this product! When ulta has their 40% off sale I will be stocking up for life

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this eyeliner based on the great MUA reviews as I was really just looking for a good pen liner that would hold up to my oily lids and stay put for the day while giving me different levels of control. I don't usually buy into the whole lash-helping serum thing but I figured it couldn't hurt. I have been using this pretty religiously for almost 5 months and now and I can honestly say I see a distinct difference in the length/thickness/health of my lashes. Mind you, I use a cheapy $1.99 mascara from Wet and Wild and my lashes still look amazing. A little pricey for a drugstore find but, 5 months out, there still seems to be plenty of product left. Color me impressed - highly recommended!!

on 8/26/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I hope they never stop making this eyeliner. It's easy to use and subtle without screaming "YOU LINED YOUR EYES". The tip is different than most marker type eyeliners. It's more like an actual felt tip pen instead of just a stick dipped in product. And best of all, it's really helping me grow thicker lashes. I started using it after I had extensions for a while and my lashes were in a weakened state. I use it for lining above the top lashes only. It doesn't work too well for tight lining, I use the stick type liner for that.

on 8/5/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this item. It truly helped me learn how to do my eyeliner better. Now that I've used it for about a year, I can truly attest to it's "lash boosting" properties. My lashes aren't BOOM-POW longer and thicker, but it really did help them become longer and stronger, which I'm thankful for. Was a very nice black and the brush tip made it super easy for wings, once you learn the initial way to do it.

Now that I'm about out, I use it as a brush, but I still have plenty product to have been using it for such a long time.

on 7/26/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great for oily lids, lasts a long time and doesn't irritate the eyes.

Just bought a new one and there was a small hole on the bottom of the pen. Is this normal in new ones, because all of my previous ones had a smooth, flat bottom?

Anyone else experience this?

on 7/25/2015 11:16:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner after seeing all the positive results. (I didn't really buy it for the lash properties though) I'm still looking for my HG eyeliner, but this is still nice! :)

Packaging- I like the packaging to this eyeliner. It has a spring at the end to secure the lid so it doesn't run out as fast.

Pigmentation- The pigmentation is not pitch black, even when layered. However, it isn't horrible. I bought this in "ultra black", so I'm scared of how bad the pigmentation of just "black" will be.

Formula/Lasting power- I don't think that the eyeliner is too watery or dry. The lasting power falls short for me though. After 8 hours of wear, it was still visible, but a majority had faded or flaked off. I have very oily lids (my eyes also tend to water.) With a primer, it had only flaked a tiny bit! (It still looked practically the same.) It is not waterproof!

I like the brush tip, it isn't too stiff or too bendy for me. It also temporarily dries if you take too long to apply eyeliner. Like most liquid eyeliners, they run out very quick, so I suggest keeping them tip down when you store them.

Overall- It's the best drugstore eyeliner I've ever tried! I would totally recommend if you don't mind it being not 100% black and if you usually apply primer.

on 7/14/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

****Update: so I've now used this product a few more times and I love it! I had to shake the eyeliner really well before application and a little bit in between strokes but it came out super black and pigmented - much different than before! Maybe it says to shake it prior? It didn't say on the eyeliner and I unfortunately already threw out the packaging so maybe that was just me being stupid and not reading directions. I definitely rate this 5/5 now since I love the feeling this gives on my eyes as it is so hydrating yet stays put all day even without a primer and I have oily eyelids. Will repurchase and recommend but just remember to shake it well first! ********

Old Review: Okay so as of now I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I love how nice it feels on my eyes and I really do think that it helps with eyelash growth personally but the only beef I have with this is the colour pay off! This is so light of a black it almost appears grey? Maybe it was just the eyeshadow I had on though (I had quite dark eyeshadow), and that could've had an affect? I'm not sure. I will be trying this product some more to see if I still give this a 3/5 and if it does improve I will be sure to change the rating. I really did want to like this product though cause it just feels so lovely and I absolutely adore the Physicians Formula makeup brand as a whole. Hope this works out better than the first couple applications!

on 7/14/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Liquid eyeliner skills have never been in my back pocket, so to speak. I spent several years fumbling with different products and scouring tutorials only to create drunken Black Swan Halloween makeup and pooling my eyeballs full of burning black liquid. I usually just gave up.

People recommended the Kat Von D liner to me but the price was too steep for an item I wasn't sure I had the ability to even use. I thought the price of this was fair for the same type of product.

This brush tip pen is nearly perfect. It offers control, even application, a nice color (Ultra Black), and lasts without being impossible to correct/remove. I do find that if I put it too far into my inner corners, it feathers and smears. This may be just a consequence of my eye shape. I usually tightline with a pencil so it's no problem.

The packaging is great and the cap is nice. No bending the fibers, no mess.

I'm excited, I finally have the ability to make neat cat eyes, sharp lines, etc. The more I practice the better it will be. Highly recommended!!!

on 7/9/2015 3:10:00 PM

I am on to my 3rd or 4th PF eye booster already. It is my everyday eyeliner, easy to apply, looks very natural, doesn't smudge, and stays on most of the day. CVS / Walgreens often does discount on PF products. I always stock up whenever I can. As for the lash serum benefit, perhaps it helps keep my lashes to stay the same volume. Honestly can't tell.