July 31, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye booster eyeliner + serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Rubyredpumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first got this, I loved it. The pen style is really easy to use and it was easy to control. However, now that I'm halfway through the product I have noticed that it is rubbing off at my inner corner. The rest of the liner looks fine, but it looks like I started my eyeliner 3mm from the corner. I have Asian monolids so I have an epicanthal fold that my eyelid rubs against. I always use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have used gel liner for years and have not had this happen. I am pretty disappointed and will be back on the hunt for the right liquid liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by adrianna14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The last 2 of these that I've bought have apparently been "duds". I don't know what the problem is...if it's quality control, you'd think for a $10 eyeliner they would have better quality control. I used to really like this eyeliner and have repurchased multiple ones that worked, but I've had such bad luck with these lately and it sucks cause I can't just keep going back and returning these until I get one that actually works. I don't know if it has anything to do with where I bought them (walmart) but it sucks that the best eyeliner I've used has failed on me the last 2 times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So....

I am usually a huge fan of PF's products. I got these on a 40% off sale, but they usually retail for around $10 a piece. I bought black and brown, after all the hype they were given.

These are just not good -- especially for the price. The pens, out of the package, were super dry. They apply super streaky, and are very dull in pigmentation, imo.
The black isn't that vibrant at all. It's more of a dark, watery looking grey. These also never seem to go into my lash line, no matter how I try to work the pens. Having a weird, flesh colored line between your lashes and the liner is unfortunate.

Staying power isn't there at all. These can literally be wiped off with a dry tissue. My $1 elf liners were way better than these.

Total bust.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by kkay123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh boy I wanted to love this eyeliner so badly but unfortunately it was probably one of the worst eyeliners I have purchased in recent years. I would like to think the one I purchased was just from a 'bad batch' because the reviews on MUA were too different from my experience with this eyeliner. And because I bought this in Australia (at Priceline) maybe when it was shipped the eyeliner was ruined? I don't know but my experience (as I mentioned already) was way too different with majority of the reviews here. And also, this eyeliner isn't really cheap in Australia it's $22 when it's not on discount.

First of all, I read all the instructions and proceeded to shake the (living crap out of the) eyeliner, expecting a solid black line on my hand before I lined my eyes with this eyeliner. First stroke - watery, not pigmented (more like a dark grey). I thought 'whatever just use it' and so I did. I started lining my eyes and to my dismay it just didn't do the job. It was not pigmented at all and I had to go over the line many times. But as I was lining my eyes (in order to make it darker), the brush would just wipe off the eyeliner that is already on my eyelid. Ugh a nightmare as you can imagine. But I refuse to give up.

Second time using it. First stroke was a little more pigmented than the first time using it. However the same problem occurred after like 2 strokes of the eyeliner on my lids. Disappointed.

Ever since then I kept using it maybe about twice a week (because I refuse to believe this eyeliner is bad haha) and nope, just didn't work. Even more so, it started leaving tiny black particles on my eyelid after lining it.

I do have a pro though (YAAAY), despite my negative review. The brush is very soft and it glided smoothly over my eyelids which is something I can appreciate. But apart from that, longevity, pigmentation and performance were horrible.

I don't know should I buy this eyeliner again. Maybe the one I bought has been sitting on the shelf for a long long time already? I can try getting one when I visit the US in the future. But for now, I'll just use something I know will work at 8 in the morning when i rush for university.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Maeariecx

I have asian/monolids and it tends to be really oily! Whatever eyeliner I use it would always smudge or fade away within a few hours. This does not, I went out for 6 hours in the sun and it stayed well on my eyelid and I was able to apply it easily. Although around the 5-6 hour I noticed a tad bit of smudging, it wasn't "super" noticeable so it was fine. It's cheaper than high-end eyeliners, I got mine for around $10 at London Drugs, I recommend shaking the product before using and to keep the pen standing upwards so that the product goes down to the tip!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I have gone through an unbelievable amount of these. I LOVE this liner. I will never buy any other black liquid liner. This liner glides on the eyes and really makes my eyes pop. Also, the felt tip is very thin and easy to apply to my hooded lids. It also stays on all day and then some! I have taken a nap with this liner on and no smudges or running. Amazing product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by UHDPA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing eyeliner!!! So easy to use and lasts all day...Washes off easily too. I always get compliments when wearing it, I recommend it to all the ladies. The ultra black is the best, the regular black is not very dark...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I guess I am the odd one out here because I really do not like this product at all. After reading all the raves about this product, thought I would try it and I guess it just didn't work for me. I bought the darkest black and IMO it's not even dark, not as black as I wanted it to be. When I apply it I find that it applies unevenly, even if I go over it again it just doesn't go on smoothly. The lasting power on this isn't good either, by mid-day my eyeliner is completely gone. I don't know if I got a "bad" one or what, but I will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I tried this after hearing months of raves for it. Mine is in the color "Deep Brown." Long story short: it'll do the job, but it's not life-changing.

Long story long:
First off, I like the packaging. The pen is sleek and classy-looking, the lid snaps securely, and I've had no issues with product leaking or the plastic cracking. Thumbs up there. (I do feel like the giant plastic box it comes in is a bit ridiculous, though; talk about excessive packaging...)
The felt tip is very soft and flexible, not hard at all. It draws smoothly with no tugging on the lids.
The liner wears very well throughout the day. It dries quickly on the skin and does not flake off or smudge.

My problems? Firstly, the pigment and consistency. The color goes on patchy, so while the product applies smoothly, I do usually have to go back over certain areas again (sometimes once more, sometimes twice) in order to get an even distribution of color. Furthermore, when the liner dries, it sheers out, so what looked like a nice, dark line when you were drawing it suddenly looks a few shades lighter by the time you finish your whole eye. It CAN be layered without issue, but I don't really like having to go over my eyeliner again.

The other problem I have with it is that while the soft, bendy felt tip makes it comfortable to use, I don't feel like I have much control over the line. The point on it is VERY fine; it's hard to describe exactly how fine it is. So there should be no trouble getting a thin line, right? Well, I can certainly do it on the back of my hand, but for some reason, I can't make it happen on my eye. The absolute lack of any stiffness at all makes it almost impossible to draw a very thin line on the eye unless I pull the skin completely tight, which is not something I want to do when putting on my eyeliner every day. My line ends up looking uneven and a bit squiggly, which results in it growing thicker and thicker as I try to even it out.

Also, the lash growth claims are silly and of course false, but I assume most reasonable people know that going in. I certainly didn't expect anything from it in that aspect.

Overall, I loved the convenience of the pen at first, but it was deceptively high maintenance. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I was using physicians formula's eye definer felt tip which I think is just fine, but I find this, for me to be far better. I've tried both the black, and the ultra black. The ultra black for me is better for nights out, because it's harsher, but really not too different from the black. It stays put, lasts me all day, makes nice sharp lines. It is my go to eyeliner. I've recommended it to two friends one being a teenager, and they both loved it too.