October 25, 2014 | 1176 users online

Concealers - Guerlain - Duo Correcteur

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by CdnSusen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment. I love Lingerie de Peau and Meteorites, but this does not do it for me. I have really dry skin in the cold, windy Alberta winter and was looking for an undereye concealer that wouldn't cake up and turn my undereye area crepey. The SA at Shopper's suggested this duo. She took her time carefully applying it to one eye - and of course, at 4 pm that eye looked better than the eye I'd done at 8 am - but, she sold me. So, what I got was a yellow corrector and a concealer. I find the corrector too yellow - peachy, salmony, orangey concealers work better for my undereye circles - and dry going on. The concealer is a bit creamier and more blendable than the corrector, but still not that smooth and slippery. And, the duo settle into fine lines.

The packaging is elegant - each retractable "crayon" comes in its own "velvet" pouch - but for $55 I expect an exceptional concealer that brightens the undereye area while concealing dark circles and minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, not accentuating them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This has to be one of my favorite concealers. I like stick concealers best, they are good at hiding imperfections and leave a nice matte finish. This is actually two concealers. One is a yellow concealer, which is good for covering redness. It is also good to put underneath your dark circles (under the orbital bone). This diffuses the look of dark circles. Then you take the concealer (which comes in a light or medium shade depending on your complexion) and cover the dark circles under your eyes and the yellow underneath the orbital bone to conceal. I also find this good for blemishes. The formula is very smooth and silky feeling. It covers like a dream and feels wonderful. A lot of these concealers that are stick can be quite dry, but not this one. You can also use the yellow on your eye lids to even out any redness and prime your eyeshadow.