Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Hair Serum

3.3

Cyclomethicone (and) Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol (and) Phenoxyethanol (and) Hexylene Glycol.

on 5/14/2015 3:08:00 PM

I got a small bottle as part of a try me package. It is sticky, smells strongly chemically (though that fades to nothing) and feels a little bit heavy. It doesn't really seem to make my hair greasy but I suspect it would, unless used only on the ends. It didn't make my hair silkier or less tangled.

on 4/13/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

People rave about this stuff and I bought it because I love Argan oil. This is overpriced and does nothing special over other Argan oils. It is heavy and you need to be aware.

I have very thick, long, coarse, and wavy hair. This shouldn't be a problem as I rarely have issues with serums or oils due to my texture. This does make it oily after a day.

I will stick to my unrefined coconut oil and so forth because I had much better results.

on 1/18/2015 9:39:00 PM

This helped me to detangle my hair but afterwards it left my hair a tad greasy. I prefer the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil to this product. This would work better for someone with thicker or coarser hair.

on 12/4/2014 9:37:00 AM

I don't get the hype about Argan oil. I tried it in many ways and from many brands. It doesn't work for me.
Too oily for my hair. Didn't see any difference in my hair or when I tried it on my scalp as I have dry and irritated scalp. Didn't work for fly away either. Even applied in small quantities on my dry or wet hair, it still had a greasy feeling and look.

on 11/18/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great serum to put in your hair before bed. Just make sure you wash your hair in the morning! This is not a product to leave in your hair during the day. Using it before bed allows it to really nourish your hair and work its magic overnight. I have the serum with a little shimmer in it. Can't really see the shimmer but it is cute anyway. All in all, a really impressive hair serum and well worth it in the morning.

on 6/6/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Despite a lot of poor reviews on this board, I still went ahead with my purchase. Yes, it is sticky and weigh your hair down and cost so much $$$....not worth it. Using castor oil as a hair conditioner occasionally has done wonders to my hair.

on 4/5/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The most amazing argon oil for hair! I don't know why this argon oil is superior to every other one on the market - it just is. It's $32 for a bottle that will last you months and months. I use it on my ends and it just brings my hair to life. A friend of mine with ethnic hair got a bad relaxer that burned her hair so bad. I told her to try this product and she was amazed at the results. I'm on my third bottle in two year - and my hair is long, long. It's not heavy or greasy at all. You can use before your dry or after or both and not worry about the greasies (just avoid getting to close to the scalp.) Just use two pumps for my hair - mid shaft to ends. Love, love, love!!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So here's the deal: The product ITSELF (pure argan oil) is a holy grail for me, especially in the winter.

I have VERY dry skin and I use this stuff every morning and night and my face and hair.

HOWEVER (and this is HUGE)- WHO in their right mind would EVER pay $40 for THE SAME EXACT product you can get for 1/4 the price from places like Vitacost? I mean, I like Maran's stuff, but does she think WE are "morans" (lol) for paying FOUR TIMES as much just because she slaps a label with her name on it? LOL NOT

And just to be clear, I actually have the JM version and a Vitacost version and they are one and the same. In fact, the Vitacost one is less than 1/4 the price. I got the travel-sized version as a gift (I already had the Vitacost version) and compared the two. I'm keeping the JM version so I can throw it in my purse in the winter. I'll just refill it with my Vitacost version when it runs out.

on 2/4/2014 4:36:00 PM

I found this to be neither an effective treatment nor a styling product. I just can't see any difference, smells great feels great but doesn't make any great difference. I'm back to Macadamia oil, which is miles ahead. Also anything in the organix range is better too and more cost effective. I have straight stubborn hair that hangs like a curtain so i don't have that much frizz.

on 1/25/2014 3:44:00 AM

Love this hair serum!

It leaves my dry, wavy, thick, and frizzy mid-length hair soft, silky, and smooth.

Two pumps is all I need, which makes it quite economical.

Will definitely repurchase!