September 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Samples - Hard Candy - Hard Candy Face Facts Makeup Set

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a HC fangirl, I hate to admit I have mixed feelings about this set. Each set comes with a sample of the eyeshadow primer, 3 shadows, a blush/bronzer, sponge tip applicator, and brush. I bought the set with the brown shadows (the other sets have grays or pinks). I've used HC's shadow primer before, and haven't been disappointed with it. Very good product for the price. The shadows are surprisingly well pigmented, as well as the blush and bronzer. All of it is buildable.

The blush/bronzer brush is probably the most horrid brush I have ever gotten in a make-up sample set. I don't know what it's made of, but it's rough and in no way can be used.

As much as I enjoy the shadows and blush/bronzer, the packaging for it is horrible. The sample sizes aren't a trick, like with most kits where there is a purposeful bump in the plastic so you get less product. But there is no other way to store it, than to keep it in its original casing, and keep the cover. It's bulky and very unnecessary.

Overall, it's a great sample set, but I wouldn't repurchase for myself nor anyone else considering the packaging is a pain in the butt. I'd just buy someone one or two baked shadows, or one of the tiny palettes.