Kiehl's Creme de corps soy milk and honey whipped body butter

4.1

on 8/19/2015 4:54:00 AM

this product is really good only if you have really really dry skin I guess because on my dry (lotions are not enough) skin it takes ages to absorb the product. and the smell is strong. you need to wait for it to soak into your skin really well before you can put clothes on otherwise the smell goes all over your clothes too. it moisturises really well though if you are okay with allocating decent time to use it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The product I have been dreaming about!!! This is a wonderfully silky whipped texture. It absorbs easily and the effects are long lasting. Tried it today for the first time on my legs and was amazed that at the end of the day my legs were still soft, touchable and looked great. I've used a different brands body butter that the effects were not great at all. I would most definitively recommend. Oh, it also has a beachy smell.... Like coco butter. It's a little strong but I don't care because this product delivers. Kiehls is iconic for a reason... I'm late in the game to be trying it for the first time but, I'll most definitely be back for more.

on 3/16/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

While this body butter has a sinfully lovely texture and is very hydrating, my rave for this product is mainly based on the scent. As a gourmand fragrance junkie, I live for foody scents. This creme smells like honey-infused buttercream. It is sweet without being cloying and the smell dissipates after a while anyway. The light yellow color and whipped texture make this product a dessert souffle for this skin. It is great for an all-over body moisturizer during the winter because of the shea and jojoba butters. The text on the lid deems this product "addictive" and I couldn't think of a more accurate descriptor. I usually favor etailer body butters in the <$20 price range, but this was worth springing for. Simply divine.

on 2/20/2015 10:11:00 PM

By far the most softening and silk-ifying body moisturizer I've ever used. It's worth every penny and makes even stubborn areas like elbows incredibly soft. This is by far my most favorite body product !

This product takes forever to absorb! Does not moisturizer and smells funky. Lastly for some reason the product pills and becomes gooey, not fun!!! Will not repurchase.

on 12/2/2014 12:49:00 PM

The creamy texture (like pudding) and moisturizing properties of this are great, however, I cannot stand the smell. To me, this is a very sweet, extremely strong coconut that does not dissipate and is actually making me a little sick as the day goes on. I usually like coconut but this is too much. I cannot wait to wash it off later.

on 1/10/2014 12:13:00 PM

Update (last post was last fall): Earlier this year, I ended up using it all on my entire body after. (My previous review, included below, was from last fall...I stopped using it within a couple of weeks...) This time around, I no longer felt that icky, prickly, sweaty, itchiness I mentioned in my earlier post. I did like how easy it was to massage into my skin. And, the smell didn't bother me at all. However, for the price, I will not repurchase. It is not any better than drugstore brand body butters. 3.5 stars, really. Cheers!

I love the texture of this body cream - just right in middle of light and heavy, and it's so creamy and whipped, I want to spread it on some toast and eat it :) However, it is too light and whipped to be a body butter (dense, emollient, rich - sticks to everything - cream). I use a walnut size for each half of my extremities (upper and lower half of legs and arms), so I don't think an 8 oz. tub will last me long - bad, considering the price. It is moisturizing for my not too dry skin, but it makes it itch afterwards! It also leaves uncomfortable stickiness on my skin, like the feeling you get on a really humid day. As for the scent, its funny how some scents can drive one person to the brink of destruction and make another swoon. I don't find this scent particularly offensive, it smells actually a bit like soy milk (makes sense considering its name) and is not particularly strong. Nonetheless, I won't be buying this cream again. I will use it on my hands at night and be done with it.

on 10/3/2013 1:06:00 AM

This smells deliciously good and has a unique fluffy whipped cream-like texture. However, it is not moisturizing enough if you suffer from dry skin. Also, because the texture is fluffy and therefore less dense, you will end up using more product with each application and finishing this alot more quickly than other regular creams.

********************************************************************************************************

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Nylon-66, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-40 Stearate, Squalane, Myristyl Myristate, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Sorbitan Tristearate, FRAGRANCE, Undecane, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Tridecane, Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Hydroxide, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Carrot oil/beta-carotene

on 8/17/2013 4:07:00 AM

I get a sample size of this and I'm very impressed how it worked on my hands. I have quite dry hands which looked (not anymore!) like belonging to an elderly woman, until I gave this a try. What's more impressive in this product is the lasting effect of moisturization. I used this once a day, at nights, four nights in a row, and the skin in my hands is so supple and smooth all day long without having to use any other product during the day. I just have to buy this as soon as possible!

I'm quite sensitive to fragrances, especially now while I'm pregnant, but at least the sample size of this had a nice, light, warm scent that didn't bother me at all, even if I used it at night.

on 7/29/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It is pricey.
Very moisturizing, but does not sink into the skin quickly enough.
It smells of rose and licorice, people have complimented on me looking good when wearing this. I've used it specifically as a hand cream, on my legs and neck (extra dry areas and as a ''perfume''). The consistency of the butter is really fluffy, it is like whipped cream. The jar is not very fancy, but it is sturdy and lightweight.

I would not repurchase because I can find cheaper more efficient body oils. But if you are rich, it is a nice product to have. Sadly, I am not. I am just a plain student trying to score guys when on a budget.

Popular Lotions / Creams