April 18, 2014 | 1861 users online

Mascara - Suncoat - Natural Sugar-based Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this mascara to anyone at all. I canít really even write much a review and I didnít make it far past the application process. It went like this:

Open tube.
Begin applying as usual.
Cringe as a thick, syrupy semi-liquid tears out a few lashes.
Try applying with lighter hand.
Fail to see any color (black) transfer to lashes (ultra pale blonde).
Thin mascara with Vit E oil.
Have no better luck on second attempt.

Summary: I wanted to like this for the more natural ingredients, but itís thick and sticky to the extent that it ripped out lashes with little to no color payoff.

No, I will not repurchase.

Ingredients
Aqua (water), kaolin clay, vegetable glycerin, hydrolyzed Zee mays (corn) starch (natural sugar-based biopolymer), lecithin, Citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, tocopherol (vitamin E), citric acid, pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by bluerhinestones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good mascara! I don't know what's with the hate! There's a special way to apply this. You can't just do a sweeping motion because it doesn't give any results. You have to use a zig zag motion and then roll it up. That way gives beautifully long lashes with a nice curl. The curl stays the entire day, which I've never had with any other mascara! It's fully biodegradable and smells like sugar. :) I used to hate this mascara until I started applying this way. The only thing I wish is that the tube to be in a prettier packaging. Other than that, it's a great buy! Truly innovative product. Who knows what other natural source can make a good tube of mascara?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

this is really crappy.
i bought this because i have lash extensions and have one "bald" patch where many extensions have fallen off. i wanted to fill in the area without compromising my other lashes, and read natural mascaras are acceptable for use on extensions

ugh. this is just a bad product. the aesthetic result is not particularly attractive. the product manages to be dry and sticky all at once. hardly any product on the wand. takes ages to dry AND flakes quickly (?!?!). btw i never have a problem with flaking. i will continue to use it with my falsies but would never use this otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pren02

I tried Suncoat mascara because my eyes reacted quite badly to other mascaras. The product is quite good, does not irritate my eyes, and stays all day. It does not lenghten or volumise eyelashes, and can smudge a little.

The applicator could be better, always leaves a few clumps. However, I would recommend it to people with sensitive eyes and skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted a mascara with all natural ingredients. However, this is basically unusable because of the texture. It honestly feels like trying to put Elmer's craft glue on your lashes. It is that sticky and goopy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MissK4012

I have trouble applying this mascara - it's very thick and sticky. Once applied it looks very nice and natural but one coat is all it can do. It doesn't so much clump when you try to add another coat as just comes off. I also find that it flakes toward the end of the day and ends up getting in my eyes, which is not only irritating physically, but also because I have to completely wash off all eye makeup in order to reapply.

It's not a terrible product, but there are equally natural products out there that work a lot better for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too heavy and sticky for my lashes. Made them stick together and required ALOT of brushing out with a clean spoolie brush to separate them again. Also I noticed silly tiny fibers sticking out sideways from the lashes which I sometimes see in thickening mascaras. I brought mine in Navy Blue. A dirty blue-black, its probably the most unflattering colored blue mascara I have ever tried.

On the plus side it is a vegan mascara, organic, with grapefruit extract as a natural preservative. The brush is large and the hole wipes off excess product, so you get the right amount and don't have to waste alot of product wiping off excess on a tissue. If you have alot of time to brush out sticky lashes with a clean mascara brush this mascara does hold up. Gives long & thick lightly curled lashes, doesn't smudge nor flake, does not irritate (my) sensitive eyes, washes off easily. I just can't be bothered with having to separate out sticky lashes every time. I will go back to Living Nature Conditioning mascara which is also a natural brand.

Suncoat is an online Canadian company that ships internationally. My pack only took about a week to arrive here in New Zealand so I was really happy with delivery. I really liked a couple of their nail polishes (even though the shades were HUGELY different from their color chart) and will try some of their other products, but do not recommend this mascara.