November 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Vapour Organic Beauty - Stratus Soft Focus Instant Skin Perfector

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by tinawoman

Not worth the buy. This primer does the minimum that a primer should do, in that it lasts about 10 - 15% longer than without makeup and is very oily on the skin. One needs to wait a considerable amount of time before it dries and foundation can be applied. It also has a strange smell. This product turned me off "organic" makeup products. Please save your money and do not buy this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like to use this primer under the stick foundation during the months when my face needs extra moisture. Sometimes I throw some on just to have a bit more of a glow. I do like the scent and texture of the product a lot, but my big regret about this product is that I feel unable to wear sun protection over it. It leaves my skin glowy and dewy, which makes the prospect of throwing on sunscreen over it unappealing. Alternatively, I could try to wear sunscreen before applying this product, but then I'm afraid that the oils in this product will remove any sun protection or cause it to slide off of my face. It would be fabulous if they could develop this product with sunscreen actually in it to save an extra step.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I'm on the fence about this. I sort of like the loose, oily consistency, especially for the dry, parched winter months. My skin really needs the additional moisture that this provides. But I'm not sure it really does anything for my face/make-up. I feel like it soaks into the skin quickly and never leaves a greasy residue, but I'm not quite sure it's keeping my makeup on longer, or providing any sort of brightening effect.

It's such an expensive product for me to be 'meh' about, so I'm trying it out for a few more days and if my mind doesn't change about it, it will be returned.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by pkrs

I agree with the girl before me. I think this is incredibly gummy and tacky feeling. I just don't feel like it does anything. It does leave you with a shimmer, but it's just so gummy feeling.

They also say you can use it on the eyes as a primer. Not a shot. All of my eye makeup slide right off.

I would say pass on this one. Plus, it's expensive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this since the stick version did not work because I am always on the hunt for a nice primer that is made with natural ingredients. Sadly, after trying this, I'm going to have to keep looking....

This packaging of this is quite nice. Its in a plastic tube with a pump dispenser, the packaging is kind of iridescent. Its not completely clear but also not completely opaque. The pump dispenser is nice for sanitary reasons and vapour claims it helps with preservation, which makes sense.

The consistency is quite thick. Unlike the foundation, which is also thick, I had a hard time spreading this across my face. I just couldn't get this to spread evenly and thinly, and I could really feel it on my face which is not something I want.

It also tended to look a little shiny and made my skin a bit greasy looking when I left it on its own. Once I added the foundation, the foundation cut down on the shininess, but I just felt like I was wearing a mask.

Also, my skin felt a little uncomfortable with it on, I'm guessing perhaps due to the pumpkin and papaya extract? My skin wasn't burning on fire, but it wasn't totally happy, it just felt a little irritated. This formula is so similar to the foundation I was surprised, but I don't feel the foundation at all and I definitely know when this primer is on my skin - something just doesn't feel right.

Most importantly, I didn't really notice a difference in how my skin looked with it on as a primer vs. not on with just the foundation. Since thats the whole reason for buying it,its just not worth it to me to wear this.

Another big problem, the price! $54 is quite a bit of money. Now if this made my skin baby smooth and "perfect" I'd pay it no problem, but this doesn't. Sadly, probably no product will but that doesn't mean I won't keep looking! :o) Ingredients are below:

Ingredients
Camellia oleifera ( Camellia ) Seed Oil* infused with Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Flower Petals**; Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil* infused with Carteri (Frankincense); Silica, Cera Alba (Beeswax)***, Lysine, Lecithin***, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil * & Lecithin & Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil & Papain (Papaya)* Sambucus Nigra (Elderberry) Fruit Extract, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Essential Oils & Natural Fruit Essences
*Certified Organic by / Certifié Bio par *Stellar, ** Oregon TILTH, ***QAI