July 28, 2014 | 784 users online

Hair - Revlon Orofluido - Beauty Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely, nourishing hair oil with a divine, unisex scent. Be careful with how much you apply, as others have mentioned previously, as it is thick and heavy and the fragrance is mildly heavy.

I'd describe the hair oil itself as having a consistency near that of olive oil, though slightly thicker, able to sit in your hand for a bit as a gel would before running. I have hideous split ends, though this does wonders to tame them and allow my hair to sit politely on my head without fraying every which-way! I wouldn't describe it as "weightless," per se, though I used a few good dime-sized dollops on my waist-length hair and it didn't at all feel greasy or heavy. If you want that clean, "silken" look, I think this is the product you're looking for.

As for the fragrance, it is described on its webpage as a "delicious amber fragrance with a vanilla foundation will transport you into a fascinating world of oriental perfume. A fragrance that makes you feel cared for and sophisticated. It opens with a citrusy note that combines perfectly with the soft floral body, leaving behind a trace of vanilla, amber and precious woods: pure exoticism and mystery. The complete absence of an ammonia odour makes Orofluido hair colour the perfect olfactory experience." Definitely beautiful, glamorous and mature. The vanilla is safe and sweet as a foundation and the amber is warm, musky and gives it more of an interesting and exotic twist. Reminds me of a "classic oldies" sort of scent while still modern and not at all overly typical.

Moving on to the ingredients, the website proudly lists "argan oil," "cyperus oil" and "linseed oil" as its therapeutic and hydrating helpers. I've heard people say this conditions their hair long-term for generally healthier hair, though we'll need to see about that. I'll be back to edit this I suppose!

Did I mention that I absolutely adore the packaging? Glowing gold through a perfectly transparent bottle adorned with swirling and cascading black lettering, it looks more expensive than it is(and that is still saying something.) If you've got dry hair or a problem with split ends, definitely give this a go. HG hair product for this gal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by nanneve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best oil elixir I've ever used! First I bought 25ml package and it lasted for more than half a year because it is quite concentrated so you don't have to put a lot of it. Now I bought the biggest package I could find here - 50ml, I think that says enough.

It gives hair magnificent shine. I dye my hair blond and I'm doing everything to avoid drying out my hair. Scent - fabulous. I can't even describe.

Give it a try - you definitely won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel bad giving this a 4 star overall rating, because it really is a great hair oil! I'm just... I'm always searching for more. I want to see some better results, the greatest, but the results with this? Pretty damned good. Especially for the price point & size of the bottle. That can not be beat.

Texture? I wish it were a slightly more lightweight elixir. You have to be careful. Don't use too much, or you'll get the greasy look until it absorbs. Scent? Heavenly! A bit of jasmine, musk, and I don't know. Sweet, yet sophisticated. Effect? Overall improvement to hair texture (my hair is aging), cut down on frizz & seemed to nourish while polishing.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this. One bottle lasted me a long time. Unsure if I will be buying Davine's hair oil for a spin (tried a sample), or buying this again. I wasn't as happy with their shampoo & conditioner, it wasn't great, so I feel I may be holding a bit of a grudge. Try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by beanl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in a special pack along with the hair mask when the whole Moroccanoil/argan oil craze started. A lot of people were saying that this was lighter - and therefore better for fine/oily hair - and cheaper than Moroccanoil so I decided to give it a try before I got the real deal.
My hair is chemically treated, fine, has oily roots and damaged ends. I started using Orofluido as a leave-in and I liked it. It made my hair shiny and my ends look better, but that's about it. It smells good - an amber, vanilla kinda scent - and it is indeed rather lightweight, though its consistency is about the same as the regular Moroccanoil.
As I said, I liked the product and maybe would've even repurchased if... I haven't tried Moroccanoil. And realized Orofluido doesn't hold a candle to it.

This is a fine hair oil with a fairly good price (in comparison to other argan oil products) but nothing extraordinaire. I believe there are better options for a leave-in out there, especially when it comes to argan oil. It didn't give me the same results as Moroccanoil and certainly didn't improve my hair condition after its use. Please note that my ends are rather damaged.

It might be a good option if you don't need your leave-in to do much for your hair and/or if you like lightweight products, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Smintie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff smells AMAZING. seriously - I can't think of any product I've used of any kind that smells better. I was so hoping to love this stuff so that I could smell it every day. But it isn't a good product sadly. As others have said, it just kind of sits on top of the hair without penetrating. It doesn't do anything at all. I have used Shu, Kerastase, and Davines and would recommend any of these over this product. I have also used Morrocan Oil which I absolutely hate. It totally dried my hair out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've used both this oil as the overhyped Moroccanoil. This is, by far, my favorite of the two. It smells wonderful, it leaves my hair soft and shiny, and I haven't notice any annoying build-up. I use this before I blow-dry my hair, and a little bit after I finish. Love it! I've ordered the Orofluido Sahara Hair Protection for my Greek holiday, will update on that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scent is heavenly, but that's about the only nice thing I can say about Orofluido. To me, it was thick, and didn't absorb very well into my hair, it just kind of sat on top. I did go into this purchase with the knowledge of previous reviewers complaints, but bought it anyways because of my hair being so dry. The silicones don't bother me, I need cones for my hair type ( fine, but coarse and naturally curly) but this seemed to be way more cones than necessary for a hair 'oil'. I also have Shu's oil, and cream oil as well as Kerastase Elixer both the original and the one for damaged hair and they are far superior to Orofluido.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Michaela136

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

really good for my hair :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is NOT for everyday use/every time you wash your hair! In the long run this product WILL dry your hair out! I do like the scent it gives to my hair so I use it to add shine after I've styled, but not everytime.. As mentioned before the silicone-like ingredients are not good for your hair. I've had my bottle for almost one year and more than half left, you need a VERY tiny amount on the ends of your hair. I purchased it for 29.99$ so for the price and the amount I do believe its quite inexpensive! I have very dry ends and I blow dry and curl my hair about every other day, so this product does wonders when I want a very sleek style, takes the frizz out and once again... smells AMAZE. Just be verrrrry sparing when applying this product and DO NOT USE AS A LEAVE IN!!! the website says thats what the product replaces, Im sure if anyone were to do this they wouldnt have any hair left.
Buy at own risk ♥ !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Amberlynx10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair has always been in a huge state of disrepair. Someone in my family permed it when I was FIVE, and didn't wash out the front enough so the front is always very dry and breaks easily. I swam in poorly chlorinated pools all through my youth and teens, I never brushed or treated my hair properly at ALL. I literally just wore it up in a bun ALL the time so I wouldn't have to brush it or fuss with it. It was only when I hit 17 or so that I began starting to try this and that to fix it. I've been through hundreds of dollars trying different shampoos (never listen to their claims of 'smoothing' or 'repairing'), conditioners and different products. The only products I've ever found that help the texture and at least allow me to brush through it were the Aussie brand. My hair was on it's way to at least being better textured through using their products, but manageability was still extremely low. I still had tons of frizz/fluff and it actually got worse the more my hair repaired itself - the previous coarse, dry texture at least let the hair be more weighed down. I'd given up all hope of any product actually helping - until December of last year.

I use a service called Birchbox that you pay for monthly and you get various sample sizes of new products - sometimes even full sized products. I got a tiny adorable sample of this, and was intrigued. I'd tried Morrocan Oil before, and loved it, but it soaked up WAY too easily and kind've just left my hair VERY shiny and oily feeling. It's good to put in my monthly repair masks I leave on overnight, but wearing out? Definitely not. So despite how skeptical I was, I tried it. I was AMAZED right off the bat at the smell. My god, it's amazing. It's this warm, vanilla amber musky smell. Not overwhelming musk, trust me I have extreme issues with harsh smells, this was JUST right. It smelled sensual, almost. And then the textured wowed me - it's silky, slightly dry feeling, and instantly softens my hair. I put half of the little .5oz sampler in my hair (which surprised me - I thought I'd need MUCH more) and it all soaked up but left my hair shiny and soft. Not to say there wasn't a slight residue - there will ALWAYS be in using oils. But it didn't make my hair look greasy like the others had. Unwashed, even.

Since then I've used it for everything. Detangling/curl shaping for wearing my hair natural and down, I even use it for straightening. Just be sure your hair has soaked most of it up first. I put it on right after a shower, let my hair naturally dry, and then straighten. It combats my problem of my hair getting VERY puffy when straightening - it looses ALL of it's moisture and just fluffs out. Actually, after straightening, the longer I go before washing, the more it helps the texture. I'll wait 2-3 days and after washing, I can actually run my fingers through my hair. No kinks. It's pretty unheard of for me.

Obviously every persons hair and hair types are different, so I can't say how any single person would enjoy this. This is my only hair indulgence, so that 29.99 I usually pay is worth it. For others who have plenty of products they trust/use and frequently buy, it may be a different story. All I know is it's worked for me, and I love it. For best results, use in conjunction with a truly hydrating Shampoo/Conditioner. I use Aussie Moist for both, though half the time I use Selsun Blue or any other Dandruff shampoo - they're VERY moisturizing and light.