April 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Eye Shadow - Profusion-Color Me Glow 12 Shades eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by teddylovesfood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PALETTE! I found it at Walgreens, FOR 99 CENTS! The packaging and colors are so eye catching. I love how the have a little shimmer to it. They have colors that can suit anyone. The pigmentation IS GREAT! I can replace any expensive palette with this one. If you are looking for a good quality palette, but not expensive I suggest this one! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, i think its amazing that i find some really great products at my local dollar stores. It may be I am a frugal makeup buyer & dont have high end makeup or high expectations from any makeup product so I really have found some gems. Profusion makes some great eyeshadows & these are a neat little set of shadows.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Profusion Color Me Glow Palettes arent around everywhere but ive seen them in various places like Big Lots, Dollar Tree and Rite Aid stores. They arent limited edition but arent around for long. I do see Profusion products in some Ross stores as well. I do really think they are priced very cheap. These palettes ive seen around $1-1.50 which is great esp considering how much you get for the price! Dirt cheap but great makeup!
~~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
Profusion Color Me Glow 12 Shades palettes come in various shades. I have 4 of them and each of them have 12 coordinating shadows in each. All 12 shadows have a very heavy glitter overspray on the top layer but once you get through that layer, it becomes more of a metallic looking shadow which makes them great for adding a nice sheen to the lid with a thin layer or built up for a more night time dramatic look. They are pigmented enough dry but can be used foiled or wet for a more dramatic look as well. I dont have oily lids so i do suggests an eye primer for those who do for most drugstore/cheap eyeshadows may have more chances of creasing or fading. I always use my Elf Eyelid primer & these shadows will stay put for hours w/ little to no fading or creasing. These shadows perform just as well as my other drugstore shadows. These do have some fine glitter throughout. If you dont want fall out of glitter, gently tap the brush to knock off most of the glitter & also blend with a fluffy brush will also knock most of the glitter away. I am a neutral eyeshadow girl so too much glitter is not okay with me but these shadows are great for opening up the eyes. Placing them on the lids or inner corners allows the light to reflect opening up the eyes. These shadows are soft so there is a tiny bit of loose powder in the palette when tapping your brush into it. I expect this w/ such a cheap shadow but if your gentle, there is barely any fallout on the face when applying. These palettes have 12 great colors. I have a few & i have any color i need. I will include a short description of each shade number/palette i own & the colors in each when i go and check them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Profusion Color Me Glow palettes come in the standard cheap hard plastic rectangular compact. The bottom is shiny black with a sticker of shade number on the bottom. The lid is see through with Profusion logo & product name in white metallic writing. The lid hasnt cracked or broke on me yet but i dont travel often. So beware of that. I dont think the packaging is nice but its not horrible. It holds my eyeshadows in place. I care more about the product inside. These palettes are slim enough that they can be stacked to take up less space in your collection. The shadow pans are rectangular & run a little deep. So you do get a good amount of each shadow. The last two shadows on both sides are placed differently. They do include a double ended foam tip applicator for those who like to use them. I dont use them but i do save some just incase i do.
Overall, if you are looking for a cheap palette w/ some bright & neutral colors with metallic finishes to add some dimension to your looks or just looking for some good cheap shadows to add to your collection, Profusion makes great eyeshadows. I have a few palettes from them & havent been disappointed yet. Now some colors are better than others but overall, really great shadows. so if you are wary & have seen them & wondered, I enjoy them. Dont go in thinking they are going to be amazing & blow your socks off though bc you may be disappointed. I like them & use these palettes alot!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this pallette on sale for $1 at 579 at the mall. I'm not sure which one it is, it has 12 glittery eyeshadows in a variety of colors and comes in black and silver leopard print casing. It also came with a long eyeshadow brush, which I love. The colors themselves are nice but don't go on as dark as I'd like and the glitter doesn't show up. The pallette is actually broken and does't close properly but I think it's because it was throw into a clearance bin. I love the colors and the brush applies perfectly, not bad for $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally gave in and purchased the Profusion Colour Me Glow 12 Shades of Eyeshadow palettes #1, #2, #3 and #4. I have been walking past them in Walgreen's for a couple of weeks thinking they must be garbage for 99 cents, but yesterday, my curiosity got the better of me and I could no longer resist. I coud not decide which one I wanted so I bought 4. There were another couple of palettes but those had actual glitter in them and for a 42 year old woman like me, that's just not my thing, lol! I decided to leave those for the 13 year olds :) These are FABULOUS! I was pleasantly surprised by how super pigmented and creamy they are. The color you see in the pan is the color you get on your eyes. The texture and color payoff reminds me of NYX eyeshadows, which I also love. Basically I got 48 shadows for $3.96. I mean, really how incredible is that! And they are GREAT shadows. Of course I tried them immediately over UD Primer Potion and they blended with ease and lasted until I washed them off. They are all shimmers, which is fine with me because I own a lot of matte shades already. Buying all 4 palettes gave me a couple of exact dupes but surprisingly there were alot of subtle variations of blues, purples, pinks, bronzes, beiges, grays, silver, golds, white and black. I held them over a candle for a few seconds and were able to remove them with ease and hot glue them into an old palette I have. (Please note, that the pans are made of a metal that will not stick to a magnetic palette) Now I have one larger palette that is a beautiful sea of shimmery colors that I cannot wait to use again and all for $3.96! AHHHHHMAZING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Found Profusion brand Color Me Glow eyeshadow palettes at my local Walgreens for 99 cents. I got the 01 palette - love it. Perfect for adding some extra shimmers on the eyelid or browbone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by buffydog15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this for 99 cents at my local walgreens, hidden under a bunch of halloween stuff. I didn't have high expectations but I was so happy with what I did find! The colors are highly pigmented and pretty. They are all quite shimmery, so if you're somebody who likes matte eyeshadows, pass this by. The only real downfall is they smell a little weird but it doesnt bother me. Overall, check this product out! For 99 cents, it's pretty amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by 3412faith

i have this in 03 and 06 love them!!!!! so glad purchased these 1 dollar each at Walgreens?? amazing!!! my only complaint is that sometimes the lid get stuck on

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like these- something I've actually hit pan on, haha. The colors are bright, and all metallic/shimmery. I bought mine at Gordmans.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by stephanielove13

Great for the price. I have this in the palette #7 and there's this orange-ish peach color that goes on kind of sheer when you put it on, but that one is my favorite. It gives a beautiful sheen to your lids without being overly dramatic. It's very natural. My second favorite is the bright blue. It's super pretty and I love how it is bright. All of the colors are pigmented and it gives a nice variety. Some are good as a highlight browbone color, base color, crease color, or even that bright blue for that pop of color on your lowerlash line or even just for a fun eyeshadow look. Some colors are a little crazy, but you can find neutral colors in it as well as dark grays and silvers for a smokey look. It's a great palette to just play with colors if you don't want to spend a lot and to see what colors look good on you. Just experiment with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by EMMER79

These profusion palettes are limited edition for spring and spring colors they are..They have 8 different palettes numbered 1-8 and I only have the # 1 as of now but planning on going and spending the other 7 dollars to get the others..The one I have has 6 neutral colors, 3 purple pink ,and 3 green olivey colors..I really think the number 1 had the most wearable colors so that is why I got it.. I had never even heard of Profusion so that is why I only bought the one palette because I didn't know if I would love them or hate them so I did not want to get all them because I figured a dollar ,, these shadows probably suck like LA Colors palettes with no pigmentation what so ever but was I ever wrong these colors are vibrant and beautiful and last me all day with a primer but I have not tried them without a primer.. :love these and the number one palette that i got the neutral shades reminds alot of the ever so famous NAKED PALETTE so if you don't have UD NAKED palette go spend 8 dollars on these shadows, you won't regret it ...