November 27, 2014 | 1404 users online

Skincare - Face - Garnier - Synergie Pure Sebum Control Moisturizer

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by tavi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Something about the texture and the fragrance of this moisturizer it's not right.Every time I tried to use it, I felt a sticky film on my skin...Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by blackcat191

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely adore this product! Its quite a "heavy" cream formula that is tinged blue, but i find that I only need a small amount. I use it right after toning my skin with a non-alcohol toner (clarins) and it sinks in great. For all those who found that it rubbed off with foundation, try using a scrub prior to using this, as it used to happen to me before i scrubbed my face. It works well with all the foundations that I've tried (studio mac and maybeline mousse) and also looks great on its own - it actually looks like i've powdered my face on thos days when i go MU free. There can be a slight sting sometimes after i've applied it to my cheeks, but the feeling lasts all of 30 seconds. i would definitley recommend this for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by aestro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this moisturiser. I used it in conjunction with neutrogina pure glow and it left my skin feeling silky smooth. Contradictory to what others below have stated it didnt prevent a breakout, but rather reduced spots i did have. And a few months on i am still spotless. (Unusual for me.) The cream had a greenish tinge and smelt slightly odd but the odour soon disapeared. My only other complaint would be that it stung my face very badly. I am unsure as to whether this was the product or whether it was due to my sensitive skin. It came packaged in a convenient box and was good value at the price of 2.99 from boots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2005 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually prefer this to some of the higher-end mattifying moisturisers. It feels quite matte when applying, which I always find to be a good sign for a matte moisturiser. My skins gets quite oily after a few hours of cleansing and this is my favourite moisturiser to keep the shine at bay. I still get shine but it's not as bad as with other moisturiser and it takes longer to show through. Sometimes when applying around my chin and nose it will sting very slightly but I do have quite sensitive skin. It's good value for money and the tube lasts for ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2005 1:17:00 PM More reviews by DarkRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope, no control at all and it seems to add more oil to my face as well. Hated this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2004 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Nicole99

Nice packaging, i kinda like the fresh melon scent..Have been using product for 3 weeks, and i cant rave about it. I have fine pimples and a few pms-caused cysts , but this didnt really hinder nor help the condition..I will probably keep using whats left, but not re-purchase.
Good, if you want a basic moisturiser thats oil-free...dont expect a miracle though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Cons: It's not invisible: contra Gertrude Stein, there IS a "there" there, you can feel it. And the melon scent and light blue color may be off-putting to some.

Pros: This moisturizer with clay works as well as anything I have tried to keep oilies away for a longer period. Longer, that is, than doing nothing at all. I still have to blot, but now I do it a few hours later than I used to. That's good. I kinda like the fragrance and the color does not bother me. It comes in a tube which is my favorite packaging for creams, and they don't skimp on the product. Plus I think the zinc is doing my zit-prone complexion some good. Consider this a very good buy for very oily and acne skintypes: it will be too drying for anyone else. EDIT: Incidentally, this makes a great "mixer" for mineral powder foundations. A dab in the palm, a shake of powder, mix together and apply. I'm finally getting that radiant poreless look that is so sought-after. Also, makes a great regular base for any other type of foundation... liquid, powder or cream. Everything goes on smoother and stays matte longer. For AU$10 you really can't beat it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2004 12:41:00 AM More reviews by akane

Yikes!!! Very heavy on my combination acne prone skin. Cause more breakouts on my skin and does not keep my face matte.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2004 3:58:00 AM More reviews by nexusangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very heavy.. made my skin feel really greasy.. plus it made me breakout

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lss83

Unlike others below, I found that applying this cream in the morning under make-up caused it to flake, maybe due to its thick texture that feels more like a mask?

It does, however, keep skin matte and controls oil production.

My only other quirk with the product is that it has a blue/greenish tinge, so I would prob only use it at night?

Overall, I prefer the L'Oreal Pure Zone moisturiser to this product, although it is still a bargain and good for oily skin.