Head Kandy Hair Extensions

3.3

I never write reviews but i had to. I have no experience with extensions so i have nothing to compare these to however i am in LOVE.
i have ear lenght hair so i opted for the 12-14inch hair and its perfect! It goes to boob lenght and in so satisfied. One strand did fall out but theres so much hair that it doesnt bother me this has made such a difference and will fix my confidence! Obe happy (hairy) bunny!

I just wanted to come and give a warning for you guys because I feel so disappointed. I bought 5 extensions from Dirty Looks and had to return 2 of them. Both items returned were 100% unopened and hygiene sealed. I did not even touch 2 of them, because I saw immediately that they were wrong colour. They e-mailed me soon after my return and claimed that the packages were OPEN and they would not refund me anything.

Oh and other 3 I used a couple of times, styled them with curling iron and the hair turned very fuzzy and coarse. Not worth the money. From now on I learned that I will take photos of everything I send back.

UPDATE 3.11: I asked them to send me back the ones they claimed to be opened and that I would pay the shipping. Soon after my e-mail they gave me refund. So it ended ok, but still be careful.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried many companies, I have been wearing extensions since I was around 15 and I am now 23. I would say I was highly disappointed with these. I purchased second hand a pair and I was in love, they were the best extensions ive ever worn. the girl told me she bought them from HK and they were chocolate brown 20'. well to my surprise i looked and the company had changed. they were no longer HK. I bought them from dirty looks, sucked up the exchange rate, because the exchange rate is horrible atm. well im beyond disappointed. to my surprise they were thin, at the top they were thick. the bottom was thin as heck. the color was super off. i ordered blonde as im a blonde atm. they were just thin and short, they did not seem 20' at all. i believe they were probably 18. the only complaint i dont have is the hair has never matted and it did not shed. (there was really nothing to shed in the first place). overall horrible.

The worst part is I checked my credit card and the first time i ordered with them by accident i ordered one weft not all. they charged me the right amount, i was fine with that, i then ordered a set and to my surprise i checked and they charged my card TWICE what they were, after disputing it with my cc company they finally refunded me, but the company was no help and would not reason with me.

my reviews so far:

irresistible me: clips are super heavy terrible, had to reclip every ten minutes. the color was beautiful, thickness was on point at the top, at the bottom they were really thin.

dirtylooks: good quality however really thin and lies about the length.

bellami: about to order and well see what i think of it, i have friends who love theirs.

euronext: not long enough and way too thin. didnt last longer then a month or two.

I have Purchased many sets from HeadKandy,and have always loved my extensions. Ever since they changed to "DirtyLooks" I've been really skeptical of purchasing another set,as well as all the bad reviews I've read from many different resources, Well I should've listened. I received my extensions yesterday, Instantly I could tell something was wrong, they had a horrible chemical smell as well as many dark strands of hair throughout the wefts. I ordered the Shade Oh my Gwen stefani,which is their lightest blonde color. I've had them in for about 3hrs now, and I'm having to brush them constantly as they're extremely matted. They're shedding uncontrollably I feel by the end of today there's not going to be any hair left on the weft. I have not applied any heat yet and the ends are completely fried, I'm so disappointed with this company,I shoulder listened to all the bad reviews. I will never be buying from DirtyLooks ever again, 200$ wasted.

SCAM!!! I used to order from Head Kandy and they were the best extensions. I, too, was confused when I saw the website had changed. Man, I should've done my research because apparently a lot of people have had terrible experiences.

Firstly, I received a coupon code for a $5 discount off my first order. It never worked and the claimed that whatever item I tried to purchase wasn't eligible (even though there were no restrictions on the coupon). I should'vs stopped right there but I thought, what's five dollars.

Secondly, the headkandy videos don't match the actual colors they offer. Should've stopped right there but I thought, hey maybe they have new colors.

Thirdly, you guessed it, I never received my item after almost a month and if I wanted it re-shipped I wohld supposedly have to pay more money to have it shipped again. I am still fighting to get my money back.

RUN RUN RUN

I did a ton of research and eventually settled on HeadKandy extensions for my first set of extensions. I purchased the mocha color in the 22" (I think length). I wore them 2-3 times a week for 6 months and always curled them with a ceramic wand. I wasn't careful about using a heat protector. I washed them maybe 4 times. My own hair was dyed dark brown on top of highlighted blonde hair.

The good:
They remained healthy looking and didn't shed. I got a ton of compliments on my hair and almost nobody could tell that I was wearing extensions.

The bad:
As a child, I was fortunate enough to have a massive Barbie doll collection. Every time I heat styled my extensions, I could detect a faint reminder of childhood and playing with Barbies- my extensions smelled like Barbie hair. I decided they must have a coating on them. Then as my dark color started fading on my own hair, I decided I would try and add some dark caramel highlights to my extensions so they would better match. The extension color wouldn't budge. I then noticed on their website that they say their extensions can't be colored. I later decided to try full on bleaching them, to make brighter highlights but to no avail.

I honestly believe these extensions are only partially real human hair and the rest of the strands are synthetic. I feel like I was scammed. My extensions ended up costing me almost $250CAN by the time I paid taxes and duty plus with the exchange rate. I can appreciate that they have a protective coating but real hair can always be colored and since these can't, I don't trust that they're real.

If I had paid less money and known they were fake, I would rate them higher but since I thought they were real and paid so much, I cannot give them more than a 2star review.

Was not the same sent to beauty gurus to review. Quality given to customers who PAID for them were very bad. Sheds almost every time, they even shed when just sitting there.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First of all this is no longer Headkandy hair, it's by Dirty Looks and wow what a (horrible) difference and I've tried a lot of hair extensions. These are some of the worst extensions I've ever had. I'm talking Ebay bad mkay...I question wether it's not mixed with a synthetic blend because they are a tangled up nasty mess. They smell, don't hold a curl and do nothing but matte. I literally wore them twice and after the second time threw them back in the box and haven't touched them since. Which is heartbreaking considering the money you drop on them. I ended up going to Sallys and buying Eueronext which are surprisingly really nice. Girls don't waste your hard earned money like I did, get foxy locks, get Euronext but don't don't don't buy these. The only thing nice is the packaging!!!! (I got the dark brown in case anyone was wondering.)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Alright! so I'm not sure whether i'm supposed to leave review here or not! Because my review is mainly about the website and the delivery since i STILL dont have the hair to compare!
I have previously ordered the quad weft just to add a little bit of volume to my hair and i have to admit it was perfect! soft hair! enough hair! and it came in no time!
HOWEVER! i have ordered a whole set this time and its been almost a month and NOTHING! i'm sick of writing them back and forth! again nothing!
EASIEST thing is they contact the carrier but they won't asking me to check around local post (which i did)...
so as friendly as they might seem they wont actually do anything rather helpful other than a few sweet words here and there!

OMG! I am soooooo disappointed. I have previously ordered from Headkandy.co.uk and I was super impressed. They were soft, silky, the colour matched perfectly and they reflected light in a way the only healthy hair can (I'm a hairstylist - I know healthy hair when I see it!). So anyway the initial length was too long for my hair. I tried them out once - for 5 minutes at home,and then put them away in their original packaging to wear when my hair finally gets long enough. I decided to get a slightly shorter length. Again - perfect quality - this was in June 2013.

Since it was my first set of extensions they obviously took a bit of a beating (trial and error of a first time extension user I suppose). Anyhow I decided to get another set. When I entered the website address into the browser it came up as an unfound domain name or similar. I nearly sheds a tear lol. Googled headkandy and and a "dirtylooks" website popped up. I saw that they had hk extension. I hoped that they were the original headkandy extensions I adored. To be sure I sent them an email asking what's going on. I got a prompt reply telling me that the extensions were exactly the same only that dirty looks now distribute them. I was relieved - I was a FOOL!

So I ordered the exact same set as before, and they arrived yesterday! When I opened the box marked HK I Was surprised to find that there was something slightly off about the packaging. The hair net had a hole and it seemed that some of the hair had been trapped in the seal. It's nothing major but compared to the previous packaging it was definitely substandard. So anyway I opened the test strand. What immediately struck me was the smell. Girls, it was the smell of cheap! You know, the same smell as mass produced clothing etc. how could this be!? I didn't pay for cheap! I paid for top quality! I'm from South Africa the rate of exchange was, at time of purchase 18,89ZAR-1£ and I paid 99,99£. That is the equivalent to minimum wage salary in SA, my friends! It gets worse - they felt awful! Dry as the Sahara desert and I could see they had the potential for matting more than Mary's little lamb! Also some of the hair looked like it had been singed. I doubt whether or not the are even 100% real human hair extensions! I compared them to my previous extensions, the ones I stored - in perfect condition - these are definitely second rate in comparison. No shine. No silky feel. Just broken hair and tangles!

It took me a long time to research the best quality brand of extensions! It's not an easy task either, because anyone can write a false review! So I'm totally lost now - back to the drawing board!
I will definitely be returning these crap extensions! And I'll also definitely be emailing them to have a good rant! I do not take lightly to liars who want to steal my money! I pay extra for quality and that's what I expect!

PS I am a real person with no affiliation to any hair extension company! Consumers need to stick together with regards to phony reviews and bogus promises from money hungry, lying companies! SAVE YOUR MONEY GIRLS - RATHER PAY ONCE FOR QUALITY THAN PAY TWICE FOR INFERIOR, LOW-GRADE PRODUCTS!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools