Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer Cream

3.9

Petrolatum, lanolin oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, paraffin, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, sorbitan sesquioleate, glyceryl tribehenate/isostearate/ eicosandioate, microcrystalline wax, tocopherol acetate, salmon egg extract, salmon oil, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, N-hydroxysuccinimide, chrysin, diacetyl boldine, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, glycerin, steareth-20, propylparaben, fragrance, water, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

on 3/14/2015 12:46:00 AM

I wanted to like this, and I liked it but after using it for a year, i knew this concealer was not the one.

Problems?
This concealer is hard to apply
Not opaque enough
Color selection is limited. I use the darkest shade and I am a NC 30 and when you look in the mirror, the concealer appears too light
Throughout the day, the concealer begins slipping or melting and it just looks messy.

I prefer using this as an eyeshadow base and I actually use it for that purpose but for undereyes, no.

on 3/13/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is actually my first ever dark circle concealer that I bought due to its popularity online. I bought the lighter shade of the two and was pleasantly surprised by its colour correcting nature. I don't have terrible dark undereyes therefore I can't say for those who have them. This has shiny or oily finish and needs powder to mattify it. This product doesn't crease on me and lasts quite long.

Texture & fragrance :
This product is creamy and dense. I find it quite difficult to blend and a little goes a long way. It smells a bit like fish oil which I don't really mind as it doesn't linger.

Packaging :
It comes in a well designed sturdy pot and is small in size.

Overall I am quite satisfied with this product.

on 2/10/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is working really well for me! It's a creamy consistency which is great for me as my under eye area is very dry. It does correct my under eye darkness well. It does need careful handling though- you couldn't just smear it on with your finger. I used my beauty blender & had a great result. Didn't crease at all...

on 12/1/2014 9:20:00 PM

SHADE #2

I am NC 30 in MAC, and have used NW 25 concealers for my under eyes. This shade gives me the slightly highlighted under eye look(I prefer exact skin-tone), so if you are beyond NC 30 or NW 25, the shades will definitely be too light for you :(. I think the second shade would be perfect for a NC 25 skin tone. This concealer gives light-med - medium coverage, but it does have a brightening effect. You also get a lot of product (10g), and I thought 7g of MAC's Studio Finish was crazy! I was looking for a more affordable dupe for the Tarte Maracuja Crease-less concealer (fav under eye concealer!), and its quite similar in terms of texture. This one doesn't have as much coverage and staying power. Personally it doesn't crease on me, and I love the dewy finish since my under eyes are sometimes dry. Overall I really like this concealer, but the one thing I hate is that there is added fragrance. Really unnecessary, especially for the eye area.. I have sensitive skin, so I will update if it irritates my skin.

I received my salmon concealer today. I purchased it on Ebay and I think it's really cheap for the amount of product you get.

I'm MAC NW 20-25 and my dark circles are brownish. I chose the lightest of the two shades and I regret it :( the color it's a very light peach... I think shade 2 would look better on me as it is more orange and dark.

Anyways, I applied the salmon concealer with my finger pressing it. I don't have many lines on my skin as I'm 23 years old so it glides nice on me. After that I added my NYX HD concealer in shade 04 beige and I set it with powder. That combo worked pretty well for me but I wish I had bought the darker shade of this concealer.

TIP: if you want to cover dark circles even if your skin is light... go for the second shade! It will look orange on you, but then with the concealer or foundation you'll get your natural skin color and it will highlight the area.

on 11/6/2014 9:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been obsessed with Korean cosmetics and the Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer Cream is supposed to be one of Skinfood's best-selling products, so I was curious to try it out.

The concistency is creamy and blends very easily into the skin without leaving it dry making it a great under eye concealer. I always use primer before I apply makeup on my face and I haven't had any problems with this concealer creasing or settling into fine lines.
On top of that it's long lasting and I don't have to worry that it will fade during the day like some other concealers do.

There are two downsides about this product. The first one is that there are only 2 shades to choose from and the other problem it the packaging. I don't like pots because I feel like the concealer gets dirty quite easily and I would have prefered it in a tube, but I guess that's a personal preference.

All in all this is a great concealer that is worth the money. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I would definitely purchase it again.

on 11/6/2014 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The main problem with this for me was the colour. It basically corresponds to the "Peach" shade of the Bobbi Brown corrector. Unfortunately as BB knows, there'll be a lot of pink-skinned women who need a pinker corrector, hence their "Bisque" shade. Like me.

So this was too orangey on my skin and I couldkn't make it work. Shame, as you get a ton in tne pot and the consistency is a bit kinder on fine lines than the BB. I gave it to a friend with warm undertones.

I suspect that the 5-star reviews are from people who match the colour well.

on 11/6/2014 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I had to write my review because I bought this because of good reviews here and I don't want other people to make the same mistake.

For reference, I am NC15. I have a really bad purple dark circles under my eyes and almost nothing can cover them completely.

Having said that, this product does not even come close. It has a very creamy and sticky consistency and it's not easy to blend without moving it all over. You have to set it with powder otherwise it will look shiny and strange. I tried using it as a corrector and applying another concealer on top but that did not work either, all I got was a cakey mess.

I will not repurchase and I do not recommend it if you are serious about concealing your dark circles and if you have real dark circles and not just faint shadows under your eyes.

on 9/7/2014 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

As anyone who has dark circles knows there's almost nothing that can cover them completely and still look natural. First, I decanted a small amount of this into one section of a Japonesque fill-it-yourself palette, because there's so much in this jar (in fact I did this with all of my different concealers). The palette came with a tiny brush that I love, and what I do is stand back from the mirror a bit and focus on dabbing this just on the dark areas. I find the circles are different with each eye, so just patting it all over underneath doesn't really work. This product is very creamy and with too much blending it just comes off, but I find it "melts" into my skin if I leave it for a moment and then needs very little blending. Just the lightest tap tap. The circles are not gone, never gone, but this does brighten and soften and tone them down. It wears off though, and since I'm older powder under the eye isn't the best idea. Maybe primer would help, but I try to keep things simple. This is better than anything I've ever tried for the dark circles, but still has it;s shortcomings.

on 9/2/2014 1:46:00 AM

The Skin Food Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream is actually one of the best concealers I've tried. I mainly use the product to lessen the appearance of my dark circles and sometimes the redness around my nose including acne scars. The product works moderately well on dry patches, redness, and scars.

The concealer is creamy and easy to blend. It additionally does an excellent job for my severe dark circles (with 2 layers), but only serves as a temporary solution since I would need to be reapplied about every 3-4 hours. The concealer may wipe off if you touch your face so I recommend using powder over it. Despite getting shade #2 (comes in only 2 shades), the concealer cream does run in the lighter skin tones.

Despite the small size (10 g), this concealer lasted for a year in my case. The cream has a dewy finish since the "Korean skin trend" is to have a glowing face. In fact, it has a more dewy finish than my BB cream (Etude House Precious Minerals). Applying powder foundation does lessen the dewy appearance.

One of the 'cons' is definitely consumer unfriendliness accessibility of the product. You may use a brush for application, but I recommend applying the concealer with your ring finger for a smoother appearance. You'll definitely have to wash or wipe your finger well after application.

I brought the concealer with me to the park on a hot sunny afternoon and placed it inside my purse. By the end of the day, I realized the concealer has melted and reformed itself in the angle it was placed. Months later when I started to run out, I placed it on the side for it to melt in my car and it had reformed in a tilted angle, therefore creating easier access for me to apply. It does not necessarily become bad since the product stills works regardless of the heat and reformation. I found that by "melting" the concealer, it made it easier for application.

I never experienced any break outs or dryness related to when using this product. The price of this item can be as low as $10 online. I purchased mines from Amazon and Cosmetic Jolse. Overall, if you like the dewy/glowing look and want to lessen the appearance of your dark circles while using a easy to blend concealer then this product is for you! I'm already on my second one.

Top Rated Skinfood Products