Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer Cream

3.9

Petrolatum, lanolin oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, paraffin, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, sorbitan sesquioleate, glyceryl tribehenate/isostearate/ eicosandioate, microcrystalline wax, tocopherol acetate, salmon egg extract, salmon oil, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, N-hydroxysuccinimide, chrysin, diacetyl boldine, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, glycerin, steareth-20, propylparaben, fragrance, water, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this product during my Seoul trip, since Korean beauty products are way cheaper in their home country. It has certainly replaced my old undereye concealer, and became a staple in my face routine. I got this in shade #2 since I'm a little tanned.

This concealer is creamy and smooth. Incredibly easy to blend, I use my ring finger to apply and pat around my eye area to blend. (I have also tried using a brush but a blending brush actually wastes product, so finger is the best tool and your finger would warm the concealer enough to blend smoothly). The color is a tad bit light on me but I'm okay with it as it brightens my undereye area really well.

The salmon smell is there, but dissipates pretty quickly so it doesn't really bother me. It is a rather big pot for a concealer so it will last me pretty long since a little is a long way to go. Since it's really creamy, you have to set with powder which I do. I use this before I apply my Ettusais BB liquid foundation and dust on some powder so it is pretty long lasting.

I wouldn't say it would cover dark circles completely but it is doing a pretty good job brightening the under eye area. Will definitely repurchase it once I'm out of it.

The texture is a bit different than usual but it results in a nice creamy texture that doesn't dry out. It makes a big difference in hiding shadows - it is quite noticeable when I have yet to apply it to my second undereye. I have been using this in my daily routine for about a year and still am not even a third of the way through the tub, not sure if that means I've been doing something wrong but it is certainly a generous amount.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of concealers, but this is my HG for under the eyes. It has the slightest peachy tone to counteract any dark circles (mine are mild) and provide a brightening effect. I tend to have very dry skin around the eyes and prone to eczema, and this is fine nearly all time as I always have eye cream under it. I'm a NC25, but in summer I can go up to NC30 and this concealer can sometimes be a touch too light then, in which case I use LM secret concealer (my 2nd fave).

I wanted to like this, and I liked it but after using it for a year, i knew this concealer was not the one.

Problems?
This concealer is hard to apply
Not opaque enough
Color selection is limited. I use the darkest shade and I am a NC 30 and when you look in the mirror, the concealer appears too light
Throughout the day, the concealer begins slipping or melting and it just looks messy.

I prefer using this as an eyeshadow base and I actually use it for that purpose but for undereyes, no.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is actually my first ever dark circle concealer that I bought due to its popularity online. I bought the lighter shade of the two and was pleasantly surprised by its colour correcting nature. I don't have terrible dark undereyes therefore I can't say for those who have them. This has shiny or oily finish and needs powder to mattify it. This product doesn't crease on me and lasts quite long.

Texture & fragrance :
This product is creamy and dense. I find it quite difficult to blend and a little goes a long way. It smells a bit like fish oil which I don't really mind as it doesn't linger.

Packaging :
It comes in a well designed sturdy pot and is small in size.

Overall I am quite satisfied with this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is working really well for me! It's a creamy consistency which is great for me as my under eye area is very dry. It does correct my under eye darkness well. It does need careful handling though- you couldn't just smear it on with your finger. I used my beauty blender & had a great result. Didn't crease at all...

SHADE #2

I am NC 30 in MAC, and have used NW 25 concealers for my under eyes. This shade gives me that highlighted under eye look (I prefer exact skin-tone), so if you are beyond NC 30 or NW 25, the shades will definitely be too light for you. I think the second shade would be perfect for a NC 25 skin tone. This concealer gives light-med - medium coverage but it does have a brightening effect. You also get a lot of product (10g), and I thought 7g of MAC's Studio Finish was crazy! This would be a decent concealer but the one thing I hate is that there is added fragrance. It irritates the skin around mt eye area and sometimes I feel like it gets into my eyes. Really unnecessary, especially for the eye area!

I received my salmon concealer today. I purchased it on Ebay and I think it's really cheap for the amount of product you get.

I'm MAC NW 20-25 and my dark circles are brownish. I chose the lightest of the two shades and I regret it :( the color it's a very light peach... I think shade 2 would look better on me as it is more orange and dark.

Anyways, I applied the salmon concealer with my finger pressing it. I don't have many lines on my skin as I'm 23 years old so it glides nice on me. After that I added my NYX HD concealer in shade 04 beige and I set it with powder. That combo worked pretty well for me but I wish I had bought the darker shade of this concealer.

TIP: if you want to cover dark circles even if your skin is light... go for the second shade! It will look orange on you, but then with the concealer or foundation you'll get your natural skin color and it will highlight the area.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been obsessed with Korean cosmetics and the Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer Cream is supposed to be one of Skinfood's best-selling products, so I was curious to try it out.

The concistency is creamy and blends very easily into the skin without leaving it dry making it a great under eye concealer. I always use primer before I apply makeup on my face and I haven't had any problems with this concealer creasing or settling into fine lines.
On top of that it's long lasting and I don't have to worry that it will fade during the day like some other concealers do.

There are two downsides about this product. The first one is that there are only 2 shades to choose from and the other problem it the packaging. I don't like pots because I feel like the concealer gets dirty quite easily and I would have prefered it in a tube, but I guess that's a personal preference.

All in all this is a great concealer that is worth the money. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I would definitely purchase it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The main problem with this for me was the colour. It basically corresponds to the "Peach" shade of the Bobbi Brown corrector. Unfortunately as BB knows, there'll be a lot of pink-skinned women who need a pinker corrector, hence their "Bisque" shade. Like me.

So this was too orangey on my skin and I couldkn't make it work. Shame, as you get a ton in tne pot and the consistency is a bit kinder on fine lines than the BB. I gave it to a friend with warm undertones.

I suspect that the 5-star reviews are from people who match the colour well.

Top Rated Skinfood Products