August 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Lips - Max Factor - Lipfinity Lip Tint

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

I bought 3 different brands of lip tint and at first it was good and i used it about 3 times and reapplied the lid and the pen dried up in about 2 months and gradually the colour i applied was faded.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by priszcil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love matte lip colors because it supposed to last longer. So when I saw Max Factor has lip tints, I bought 2 colors of these products, 06 and 08. I was impressed about the pigmentation and the fact that both of them has very nice colors. But I have 2 issues according to these products:
- 06 doesnt stay on my lips more than 2 hours. Lack of staying power. I was surprised that 08 lasts all day on my lower lips. I dont know what's wrong with my lips. The color fades after few hours on my upper lips but it stays all day long on my lower lips.
- I always use baby oil to remove matte lipstick on my lips. But it doesnt work to lipfinity especially 08. It's really hard to get this stuff off from my lips and honestly I'm afraid that would harm my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by indigonia

I was searching for lip tints that available atm because I usually use Korean tints and I got this in Pink Petal. It came out prettily but wasn't that lasting as it promised and kinda drying my lips a bit. I love their lip cremè more.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

It dries up my lips and does not have a long staying power. I don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I need to preface this by saying that I haven't ever used lipstains on their own, but as an alternative to filling my lips with lipliner under a full lipstick in order to mix things up: giving a murky lipstick a little more pop or darkening lipsticks I find too pale.

That being said, I have been known to use Revlon's Just Bitten in Twilight if I'm having a 'just a bit of makeup' day with only eyebrows, eyeliner & mascara.

I thought I'd try out No. 4 (Berry Burst) as Max Factor often do some nice cosmetics (they certainly have been responsible for all of my favourite lipliners for years). The colour on the package suggested a mauve undercurrent & it swatched picking up those tones.

Luckily, I bought it on a Saturday so I had a chance to experiment with it at home on a Sunday. I was disappointed by the colour as it came out an ugly crimson/pink/gak colour against my very pale skin without a hint of mauve. After about 5 coats I managed to elicit a bit of brown which looked even worse.

Okay, let's forget about the colour & concentrate on how it felt & wore: appallingly! If you actually touch your lips with your tongue it tastes as if you've crushed up the most disgusting, bitter medicine you've ever had in your life and painted it onto your lips. The colour wore off within 15 minutes and it didn't matter how many times I reapplied I simply couldn't get it to take. I would have done better to simply paint some food dye on my lips.

The last straw was the drying, stinging sensation it left, as if I'd been rubbing my lips with epsom salts! Even copious amounts of lip balm over the top took ages to relieve the sensation & I woke up with sensitised, dry lips the following morning. This isn't just a little drying like other stains, it's the motherload of alum powder with a tiny hint of colour.

I tried to use it again last weekend. Nope. It's going into the bin. I was fighting the dry-retching just trying to get it up to my mouth.

PROS: I can't think of any except that the pen looks nifty.

CONS: Leaves no stain worth the money;
Dries and burns lips terribly;
Useless even with a lipstick/gloss/balm over the top as you can't get away from the taste.

WHO WOULD I RECOMMEND IT TO? No one... unless they want to go on a crash course diet (great if you want to destroy your health completely). This product will make everything you eat or drink taste so vile that you won't be able to swallow it. I'm seriously developing a headache just thinking about how bad the taste was.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

I'm not a big lip product person (apart from lip balms). I heard loads of people rave about lip tints so I got myself the MaxFactor Lipfinity Lip Tint in Berry Burst. The lip tint itself smells sweet and like raspberries which I guess is nice.
But when I used it I feel like you need to make sure that your lips are conditioned not chapped because it will accentuate cracks.
The big let down is however the lasting power because after 1 hour so so there was nothing left of it.

Definitely not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by sabz94

Go for another lip stain girlies!

I was impressed at first but here's whats wrong with it:

Does not stay on your lips for nearly long enough
Dries and shows even the tiniest bit of dry lips!
One tube/whatever you call it doesn't last long. Pretty soon it's empty. Ridiculous.

DON'T BOTHER!

BUT, if you're determined you want this, I will concede:

Does leave a nice stain, however momentary and short-lived! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pharmgalinadl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a lip stain junkies so I have tried every lip stains in the market.
THIS IS THE BEST.
Yes,it's drying but which lip stain doesn't?
It LASTS AL DAY.
Yes, it will lose a bit of intensity as the day goes but it's not obvious.
I used to like revlon and cover girl lip stain, but too bad they discontinued my favorite colours. Currently using max factor CORAL CRUSH which is my favorite colour atm. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually liked this product! I got the rose color, which goes on my lips as an almost-red -- very wearable without being an intense bright red! It lasts me from 9 am - 4 pm through eating and drinking!

As with lip marker stains in general, they do dry your lips a little so night time lip exfoliating and moisturizing is essential to keep the product looking good. I would rather go through this process and continue wearing this amazing lip stain though.

My only complaint is that while the product was inexpensive, the actual product inside does not last that time (about 2 months every other day use for me). This may be in part due to the felt tip, which while is easy to use for application, can dry out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by PamHerself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought this lip tint when it first came out, it was sort of a natural dark rose colour. It was way too dark compared to the cap colour, it dried out my lips so badly as well as barely lasting! I didn't eat or drink all day bar a few sips of tea and it was off! And you know what the worst thing about it is?? It's the fact that it dries out after a week!!! hardly any tint came out, so I stored it facing downwards so the tint ran down to the nib for a week and still barely lip tint came out, bone dry!!! I love Max Factor products but this tint pen is a total let down and huge waste of money!