Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

3.5

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, DIMENTHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYETHYLENE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CARNOSINE, ALLANTOIN, DIMETHICONOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-7, CITRIC ACID, PEG-100 STEARATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, TIN OXIDE, FRAGRANCE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

on 8/21/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this about 2 months now, I have to say, it is a very good product. Well it is helping my pores get smaller, and skin is softer and clearer. I can put on my makeup easier. The price is close to some high end product like Clinique, got to say it is better than Clinique.
I love this product. It just works very well with me.
I would buy it again
And I would keep using the whole line

on 8/1/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Do not use this product if you are sensitive to Niacinamide! Most of the bad reviews on MUA are a reaction to the niacinamide. This product has a high concentration of it. If your skin can not tolerate it, you may experience flushing, rash, or an irritation that looks like pimples/breakout.

I bought the fragrance-free version. Excellent packaging. Fantastic ingredients. I like this better than the Paula's Choice Skin Recovering Serum I was using before and I do love Paula's products.

I wash with Cerave Hydrating, follow with Timeless Vitamin C, then this serum, and then whatever mineral sunscreen I'm using at the time. My skin looks fresh and glowing. I'm quite pleased.

However... I have noticed skin pilling since I started using this. You know, those silicone face boogers when you rub your face. I am just taking extra caution not to touch my face. I think the ingredients are too good to stop using so I'm going to overlook it. I haven't noticed any other reviewers complaining about this issue.

on 7/9/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have tried the Australian version of this which is priced at $40 US, it is absolute garbage. My skin was burned and left with a red rash. Now for the good news, I was given the US product versions of the Micro-Sculpting Serum and the Micro-Sculpting Cream, in both the fragrance and non-fragrance. What a difference what an amazing serum and cream, I after three short weeks my skin is looking great. People are remarking on the difference and how glowing my skin is looking. I do not find the fragrace version too strong. I will definitely buy again but definitely not the Australian version. The difference between the two is extraordinary, one is horrifically bad, the other is almost perfect.

on 6/26/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in the smaller bottle that's $10 to try before paying for the bigger bottle. I've been using at night under my night cream (Olay) upon application my skin felt softer and it looks smooth when I wake up,I think it does make the nite cream work better.It has a strong smell when u put it on but fades after a few minutes. It's not a bad smell though.I do like this but I'm not sold on the fact that I need it in my thirties.I'd repurchase if it was on sale.It also didn't cause any problems for my combination skin.

on 5/27/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in my 60's with dry, mature skin, and have just recently taken a serious interest in improving my skincare regime. This is one of the products I found good reviews of on the internet and just love the way it makes my skin feel. In combination with my DIY Vitamin C serum, moisturizers with great ingredients (but drugstore) and sunscreen, I feel I am on my way to healthier and smoother skin.

I have already repurchased this product and use it twice a day.

on 3/20/2015 8:13:00 AM

First of all, I tried the fragrance free Micro - Sculpting Cream (comes in a jar). Around two-thirds down the jar, this moisturizer stopped working in regards to evening my skin tone and exfoliating. It became just a plain moisturizer. I supposed the vital ingredients that make it do what it's supposed to do simply break down after being exposed to air. This is a disappointment because the jar is $26.

I went out and bought the Micro-sculpting serum for $22 because it has the same ingredients as the cream but it's in an air tight pump. After two days of morning and evening application, I am very happy with the results. Just two days! Upon waking up, my skin is plumped, dewy, even toned, and generally speaking, well rested. I am excited to continue using this and hope that the antioxidants in the serum will maintain its freshness since its in a pump.

on 2/12/2015 4:02:00 PM

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin. I used the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting cream for about a month and loved it. I then decided to add the serum to my skin care routine since I got excellent hydrating and firming results from the cream.

I would cleanse with Cerave hydrating cleanser, tone with Paula's choice skin recovery calming toner, moisturize with Olay serum and Olay cream; for about two months my face was glowing;

I however started to notice one or two bumpy pimples, on my face every now and then. Then eventually the Olay serum started to irritate my skin and sting very bad.
I did not react badly to the cream, the serum was the problem.

I had to take the serum out of my routine as it doesn't work well for my sensitive skin

on 1/14/2015 2:29:00 PM

I think this is a decent serum. The result didn't wow me but comparing to some other mediocre serum that's more expensive, this is definitely better. Skin feels smooth and rejuvenated after using it.

on 11/5/2014 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Background: I am 26 with medium brown bi racial skin tone. combination to very dry in the winter and lately VERY sensitive skin. I live in Florida, so one day is dry, the next not so much.

So at first I was using the clinique turnaround concentrate. Although my skin is sensitive in general it is realitively clear with my biggest problems being dullness/even skin tone. Within the first week I saw excellent results but after that, dispite the compliments from others and my fresh look, I couldnt tell a huge difference but knew my skin was better than without. I then heard that olay regenerist line was very similiar and much more budget friendly.
I LOVED this serum...for the first few days. I went from needing a very heavy night cream to no pm moisturizer at all If I used this before bed. BUT THEN my husband started telling me my face looked swollen and broken out. I blamed it on a halloween makeup. A few days later more breakouts in places I have never had a problem before. Next day a co worker tells me my face looks like somethings wrong and my cheeks look big.. After about 2 weeks my skin feels very moisturized, but at the expense of puffy cheeks, a diminish in tone compared to the clinique serum and several...probably a dozen spots on my face from 3 huge under the skin pimples to several dark purple smaller spots and very congested pores in my nose which tend to be larger anyway but seemed to be "cleared out" before.

This is my first review but I wanted to be detailed because I feel I was beginning to get at a good place with my skin when I tried to save money and now it is worse then I can ever remember. Mind you, I am aware that with any new product you may have a sort of get used to it period for the skin, but as I stated this was not irritation, this is bad.

I should've known better because I had a problem years ago with a daycream as far as irritation goes. A very helpful manager at Ulta told me that althogh ingredients may be similar there are some extras in one, and the amount of the ingredient is also a big thing.
My husband, as well as his family all do WONDERFULLY on any Olay product but this was not for me. I would say its probably great if your skin isnt on the sensitive side but go for the fragrance free anyway. As for myself. I have switched back to my first attempt, in addition to a vitamin C serum for pm. I gave this 2 stars because it was very moisturizing for me. But I can not give my with my probably rare, but bad experience. Until it runs out I am using on my hands, and that is going fine. Good luck!

on 10/24/2014 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Nothing but cons for me, after years of reasonably clear skin after only three days of using this my face was literally COVERED IN PIMPLES!!!!

Popular Treatments (Face)