April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by AllyShh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing the unscented version of this serum.

I have resisted serums in the past because they scared me. My skin has been so bipolar, I was always afraid to add something that I thought would make me oiler or break me out. Now that I seem to have my skin under control with Retin-A Micro and TriLuma, I thought I would give this serum a try, based on the great reviews here at MUA.

The consistency surprised me. I don't know why, but I imagined a serum to be liquid, oily. This is more like a lotion. It goes on very nicely and instantly makes my skin feel softer. After two weeks of use, my skin feels lovely.

This product has not caused me any sort of breakouts or irritation (HUGE deal for me!). I don't know what "microsculpting" is, exactly. All I do know is that my skin looks and feels great. I love that using this serum reduces my moisturizer usage. I currently use a pricey moisturizer (Clinique Youth Surge), and I'm happy to use less of it.

Price-wise, I gave three Lippies because I'm not really sure how serums are priced. This is probably a good price somewhere between a luxe serum and a drugstore brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin,but i never got such bad reaction from a product like this one!
This stuff made me wake up with a swollen red face.
My face looks terrible,dried out skin with wrinkles i never even had!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by LiFen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to have a try on this serum after I read many positive reviews about this products.
Unfortunately,this serum doesn't works for my skin. I have oily skin and tend to have some acnes when menstruation.Unlike other serum,this serum is in cream based.At first when I applied this onto my face,my face is soft and smooth.However,after about an hour,my face turned to become very oily and greasy.
Other than the oily and greasy feel that leave on my face,I don't see any improvement on my face.I don't have fine lines or wrinkles so I can't judge how's it works on this point. Furthermore, I don't see any difference on my skin tone and my skin isn't firmer even after about 3 months of usage.It's can be categorized as an expensive product in most drug stores and hence I have a high expectation on this serum but it ended up with disappointment.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently returned to this serum after trying to use more natural serums for the last 8 months without good results. Before I tried to change my skincare, I used this for a year or so and loved it.

The Regenerist Serums really work well for me. My skin is normal to slightly oily and prone to mild redness. Ingredients in skincare seem to really affect whether I will have mild redness or no redness.

I think I get good results from Regenerist Serums because I respond well to niacinamide in my skin care products and they contain niacinamide in high enough concentrations for good skin benefits. I specifically chose the micro-sculpting serum because it doesn't contain preservatives that my skin is sensitive to and because it has no ingredients known to irritate borderline sensitive skin like mine.

I use this as a moisturizer, not to "micro-sculpt" so I can't really give feedback on its anti-aging properties. I'm only 37 y/o so my only signs of aging are some fine lines around my eyes.

I like that this gives light moisturization, seems to decrease my redness, and isn't irritating in any way to my skin.

It's more expensive than other Olay serums but it gives me the ingredients I'm comfortable with and addresses my skincare concerns.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a very smooth serum that can double as a dry skin primer under foundation. I started using it after my skin became flaky and dry from using facial scrubs and prescription retinoids. This helps boost the performance of my regular moisturiser, probably due to the glycerin in it. It comes in a pump but it can be hard to twist it to lock or unlock.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moisturises without making me oily and doesnt break me out.. I wear it under or mixed with neutrogena sunscreen and it prevents burning in the mornings. Good base for makeup. This product pump is a perfect fit for mac studio fix (I scavenged one from a finished olay bottle to use before I stopped using that foundation)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by tfm1134

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate to give this review considering that I really loved the way this stuff made my face brighten up but dang it broke me out like crazy and I don't break out very easily. I really wanted to love this but can't deal with acne like that. I was even hoping that this wasn't the culprit so stopped using it for 24 hours and sure enough my face started clearing up. Oh well, guess I will have to find something else

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by susie03

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really disappointed in this. I like the original Regenerist serum but this promises more for my age and concerns. However despite the fact that I do not have sensitive skin this brings me out in cystic lumps. I have trial run it 3 times and each time the same result. I wonder if it is the strong scent, though I have used the fragranced version of the original with no problems. I saw a review on Beautypedia for an unfragranced version of this but haven't seen it in the UK yet. I'd be wary even if I did as the lumps took at least 2 weeks to disappear and were hard to conceal!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

After 2 rounds of this serum, I have decided I jumped the gun with such a glowing review, so I've re-written it. At first it did in fact seem fantastic, but after a while it started to make my skin dull. The "results" I was seeing were not an improvement in my skin, they were the serum itself optically blurring fine lines (which would be ok if this was a primer...and using solely as a primer just isn't an option with this product). Another downer is the fact that Olay has formulated this to go with the corresponding cream, which is totally understandable, but I've found the cream not to be a good suit for my skin needs. This serum does NOT cooperate well with other serums and moisturizers. It balls up, and leaves a chalky residue if used with anything other than the Olay Micro-sculpting cream. It does leave the skin soft and smooth, but the effect doesn't last but a few minutes and the serum doesn't "sink into" the skin, rather it just sort of coats it. The packaging is very good and I found the scent strong, albeit pleasant..however that's not enough to keep me buying it! I've decided I will not repurchase, and have begun using some PTR products that I'm loving! Reviews on those coming soon :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge fan of the Regenerist line, and this was my introductory product. I'm on my third bottle and will repurchase it time and time again. I layer it under my moisturizer at night (currently the coordinating microsculpting cream which also rocks) and wake up with smooth, plump, even-toned skin. I also mix a bit in with my spf moisturizer in the morning if my skin is dry or blah after a night of drinking/lack of sleep, whatever.

The hylauronic acid is the superstar here I think - it really helps your skin retain moisture and fills up fine lines. I'm a member of a few subscription services and I'm a total product junkie so I have tried all sorts of serums and creams and nothing works for me like this stuff. There is a noticeable difference in my skin when I use this, both immediately and long term.

If you're one of the few that has an unfortunate reaction to the niacin it will not work for you, but I recommend it highly to everyone else.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No