MAC Palace Pedigreed Eye Shadow X 4

3.3

on 1/28/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

These are by far the worst shadows I own, I purchased it from an online discount shop, but thats not the point. All of the colors have barely any pigment to them and they are all extremely hard to blend. The colors tend to make me look very bruised which is a shame because they are very pretty in the pan. This palette really made me feel like mac is not up to all the hype, I only have a few Mac shadows and this quad really does not make me want to try more.

on 11/2/2011 9:58:00 PM

What it is: limited edition eye shadow quad featuring Courtly (sheer dirty light pink), Palace Pedigreed (blackened plum), Quite Spoiled (soft petal pink), Russian Blue (dirty grey blue).
- - -
Pros - all of the shades work well together and are complimentary. I found three of the shades were easy to work with in terms of blendability, pigmentation, application, and remaining true to color.
- - -
Cons - Russian Blue is gorgeous but it is chalky and much harder to blend than the other shades.
- - -
Over all - I'm surprised at the negative reviews for this product. I'm NC 15 / NC 20 and I as I'm fair I haven't had a problem getting these colors to show up. As mentioned Russian Blue requires a little extra effort but it still remains true to color. Courtly and Quite Spoiled have a slight sheen to them, Palace Pedigreed has slight shimmer, and Russian Blue is pretty matte. Despite the complaints about the palette I found Courtly, Quite Spoiled, and Russian Blue to be unique shades and I can't think of other brands that have similar shades. Palace Pedigreed is pretty as well but dupable (IMO). I would definitely buy again. Knocked overall rating down from 5 to 4 because of Russian Blue.

on 1/30/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Seriously MAC? Good thing these colors are not in the permanent line because they are NOT PIGMENTED, CHALKY, and SUPER HARD TO BLEND! I must say the colors are beautiful though, especially palace pedigreed( gorgeous purple), and Russian Blue(Matte Dark Grey). Too bad they are very hard to blend and like I said "chalky". Disappointed but the colors are very beautiful.

on 1/17/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This was the only quad and item I purchased from the collection. The colors are grey, lilac,berry and faint pink. The colors are interesting the lilac is not that pigmented for my dark skin and the berry shows up pink. The grey just does not look right on me so this quad overall didn't work for my coloring. The leapard luxe quad was way to warm and the other one I plan did not like.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a deep skintone NC50 and this palette is pretty and has good colors but just doesn't fit my coloring. The other palettes in the collection were boring as well. The grey color comes out blackish and looks muddy, the dark purple needs to be packed on and the lilac color is so powdery and lacking in pigmentation.It takes so much work to get this palette to work so It just sits in my little makeup drawer now.Mac has been dissapointing of late?

on 10/23/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hellooo, MAC! I am back! I strayed from MAC a few years ago because their foundations just don't work for me... But recently stopped in looking for some eyeshadow. I ad forgotten how long their pigment lasts... OMG. And it never creased, not in 9 hours at least. Pricey, but well worth it! Perfect shades for my green peepers.

on 10/11/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love it!! Definitely my favorite quad from the Fabulous Feline Collection. It makes my eyes pop & it's great for Fall. I usually do a smokey look when I apply this. I am lovin' the Russian Blue & Palace Pedigreed shades. The only thing I wished they did was to have it in a different 'unique' packaging since this is supposed to be Limited Edition... other than that, I think this is AWESOME!

on 9/27/2010 11:41:00 AM

I am pale, with green eyes and light brown hair. I usually like purple shadows, So when I seen this come out, I felt like I HAD to get it. I'm sort of disappointed with it. The colors go on very light, even with a primer or wet base. The first comment I'd gotten from someone on this was "You're wearing eyeshadow?".

...I really want to like it, so I guess I will play around with it some more and try to get it to work. But I definitely wouldn't purchase another one.

on 9/18/2010 2:09:00 PM

I just bought this quad yesterday and absolutely love it, the colors blend together effortlessly and the different possibilities with it are endless.
As with most MAC quads it can be used subtly in the day and dramatically at night.
This is definitely a new favorite.

on 9/16/2010 5:29:00 PM

I saw this quad on MAC's website and made a comment to my bf how lovely it looked. Two days later he came home with a surprise present. The color that I was initially excited about was Palace Pedigreed but after using the palette I'd have to say my favorite is Quite Spoiled. This lovely pink/purple is a satin finish so it has great color payout with a little shimmer to add some interest. I'm always looking for a new purple and pink so to have both in one color was a lovely find. The Russian Blue in the quad reminds me a lot of Print but with more of a blue tone and a bit lighter in color; a nice shadow color. I am still in love with Palace Pedigreed though. It, too, has a satin finish so it goes on smooth with intense color. I particularly love how this color goes on wet.

The only down side I would say about the quad is the actual packaging. I find it a bit hard to open at times since it clips shut but there isn't much of a lip to indicate which side you open. Other than that...very happy with my new quad.