September 19, 2014 | 2004 users online

Deodorants - Mitchum Smart Solid Clinical Performance - Unscented

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

Very very sticky and takes way too long to dry to wait before putting your shirt on. Also it really doesn't make a difference in how much you sweat. The dry version works a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Burlgirl1978

This is by far my HG deodorant. Yes, it feels really weird at first... kind of wet and spongy, but you get used to it, and it works amazingly. It keeps me totally dry and I've never had so much as whiff of BO while wearing it. Fortunately I haven't had any of the odd skin reactions that some people have, but I have to agree with another reviewer who said that it always breaks off when you're about 3/4 of the way through. ALWAYS! Every damn stick!! It's so frustrating, but because it's my HG, I've looked past that for the 2 years I've been using it and just keep my cupboards well stocked for when I need to start a new one.

Oh - and I LOVE that this product never leaves white marks or residue on clothes. Never.

On a side note, I've recently discovered that this product is now discontinued - in Canada only maybe? Don't know, but I am devastated! I'm on the hunt for my next go to brand and am already on my 3rd unsuccessful try :(

(I marked it down for price, because it's pretty expensive here in Canada vs the US, and I also marked it down for the end of the stick breakage, but I still give it 5 lippies because I love it so much!)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by AprilPowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst product I have ever put on my body. If it was possible I would personally slap every person involved in creating this deodorant. Am I being a little harsh? Possibly... Am I justified? You decide.

I have used Mitchum deodorants for the past few years, and never had an issue with their other products. However, I started using this nightmare of a product about 3 1/2 weeks ago when I ran out of my regular deodorant and saw this one on sale. Then, about a week ago, so only 2 1/2 weeks into using this deodorant one time per day, I noticed a very intense pain in my underarms while at work. At first I thought maybe the underwire in my bra had come out and was stabbing me in the armpit, because it felt like being stabbed without reprieve. I wish it had been my underwire, but sadly I was not that fortunate. I got home, painfully removed my clothing and looked in the mirror at my armpits. There I discovered thick brown scabs had sprung up in lines all over my armpits. However, they are not scabs, per se. It turns out they are fungi my body has produced in reaction to having this awful excuse of a deodorant put on it. It gets so much better, though. No only are my armpits disgusting to look at now, but they are a combination of intensely painful and itchy all at the same time. I can barely get to sleep, and some times my arms hurt so much I can't lift them. I went to a dermatologist, and I have been treating the fungi with an anti-fungal cream which "will hopefully remove your issue". Even if this cream does work a miracle, I am not allowed to shave my armpits or wear deodorant of any kind until it has healed. That's just what I want with summer coming up, right? Additionally, I was told that I will most likely have scars, if and when the fungus clears up.

Anyway, that's my history with this godforsaken product. If you still think I'm being harsh, please redirect yourself to the beginning of this post and re-read, because clearly you weren't paying attention. If you were involved in creating this "deodorant", please form an orderly line and await your fully justified slap. Although, since I can't lift my arms right now, you might have to stand in line for a while...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by laurindrsn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Started out as an affordable, effective clinical deodorant. I happened upon it, finding it on sale at my local drugstore. After a month of use unsightly black/grey scabs began to appear under my arms- followed by odd itching. This has never occurred with any deodorant for me- clinical or fragrant. Initially I thought I cut myself shaving, but after breaking from shaving for two wks the scabs fell off...only for new ones to appear. I will pay extra for clinical Secret/Degree and hate that I switched to save a few dollars. Please be advised. I now have to spend money to heal my sores, switch back to my original deodorant, and will have scarring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product, and it is my HG. It keeps me dry and I don't have the problem with irritations that a lot of people here have had.
The only problem I have is about 3/4 th of the way down the product tends to crumble and half the stick breaks, and then it becomes unusable and I have to toss it out.
It goes on sale often at CVS and Walgreen's and there is usually a $1.00 off coupon, so I can get it for about a dollar.
I prefer the unscented version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by NaturalBeauty43

First off, I never break out. So therefore I can use any type of products. This review is for the "powder Scent" not the " unscented. This is by far the best cheaper deodorant that I have ever used! It is a solid that goes on clear. It feels a little wet the first few times you use it but that's because of the moisturizer quality. Your armpits stay dry, Odor free even the next morning, and the price is cheap $ 4.00 for a clinical. Not the usual $ 10.00 price tag. This was a great find I have been using this for 2 years and have never had a problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worked fine, but in one day this broke me out. Nothing like a big zit in your pit to ruin your day. Even if this worked, it's not worth the acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kimberlytric

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using this for several weeks a black scab like line started to form and I can't get rid of it. I stumbled upon this website when I started to research this and it seems I am not the only one with this issue. I am throwing this out immediately!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS DEODORANTS!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My main complaint is that this product smells like a pickle. Yes, slightly dill pickle like with a slight hint of powder. It fades a few hours after application but still, it's nasty.
Complaint number two is that the stick doesn't glide over my skin well. So it breaks off into chunks. Then one one chunk breaks off, more chunks break off until it's all gone. The stick also has an odd consistency, it feels wet to the touch and is rubbery and spongey. Truly odd. It does however, provide good protection against sweating and odor (as long as you don't mind smelling like a pickle). I bought this because I was working at a job where I walked all day.
I am using the stick I have simply not to be wasteful and never repurchasing this side show pickle oddity again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited when I found this product at Target. I'd tried Certain-Dri for several years, but it irritated my skin, burned holes in my tops, & had lost all effectiveness. I went through two tubes of Dove's clinical AP, but didn't like how it never seemed to dry, my pits always felt squishy, and it left marks on my clothes (even after only applying @ night). Again, it stopped being effective.
So I was thrilled when I found a clinical strength AP in a solid. Mine didn't come with any directions, which I thought was odd. I applied 1-2 swipes in the morning, like a reg AP, but was sweating heavily within a half hour. Not only that, but my sweat was sticky/tacky, like half dried glue. I decided to use it at night, like the other clinical APs I've tried. Same routine, 1-2 swipes, mainly because it did feel "juicy" if I applied more than that. Voila! It worked really well for about two weeks, and I thought it would be my HG for hyperhydrosis. Not so much. After the initial two weeks, it didn't keep me dry, instead I had sticky armpits with the embarrassing huge sweat rings. It didn't even protect against odor. I don't have any odor when I don't sweat buckets, but I sweat very heavily during work, and I was horrified to be able to smell myself. I wish someone could come up with a diffinitive OTC treatment for hyperhydrosis, it would make a difference in so many lives.