October 21, 2014 | 2052 users online

Masks - InnisFree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by csandrachan

I have acne scar-ridden skin (horrible experience with other facial products) and was on roacutane for treatment. I also live in a very humid and tropical climate.

This pore clay mask works wonders for those days when you feel that your skin needs a little perk-me-up. Especially when the pores are looking a little too big for discomfort. This jeju volcanic version is probably more suitable for those with normal to combination (only some parts are oily) skin. I would recommend the super volcanic one to those who have oily skin.

One thing to note is to make sure all stray hairs are kept up and away from your face during application so that you won't end up washing the hair strands around your hairline either afterwards.

Post-masking - my skin feels and looks soft and smooth. Oil control is definitely reduced. :) And one jar can last for a very long time (probably up to a year even if you use the mask once a week). :)

Definitely a permanent product for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a very "meh" product for me, though I must say that I've never been that impressed with any mud masks before. I find that personally, there's no way to reduce pore and blackhead size without profusely working out XD

I also own the Origins charcoal mask, and between the two I'd say that the Jeju Volcanic is the better option. The packaging on this mask is quite nice. It comes in a tub container and when I bought it in China, I received a complimentary metal spatula which I don't see in any of the other reviews.

This mask is nice and thick. The application isn't exactly a breeze but the texture feels great and not too drying when it's on your face. I wash it off usually after 15-20 minutes. I don't really see reductions in my pore size or my blackheads, though it does tend to give me a brighter complexion for an hour after use.

Verdict: this is pretty nice for a mud mask, and if you are a fan of these types of treatments, then you'll enjoy the luxurious feel of this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a very good clay, my skin feels tight and smooth after I use. I tried the borghese one before but I had allergic reaction to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by yuebin

I've used this for awhile now and I don't think its life changing or anything. I haven't noticed my pores getting any smaller and it doesn't do that well in calming acne. But I do like how clean and soft my face feels afterwards. And unlike alot of clay masks, this one isn't super drying. It's also very good for its price

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First Impressions :
- a pleasant smell
- more 'moist' than an average clay mask
- quite dense; some clay masks I've used was lighter in consistency compared to this one
- No visible effect on my pores and oil control from first time usage

Now on to the actual review. I tried the product thoroughly for a little over three months now, and I can only conclude that it wasn't able to live up to its hype. Before I explain why, here are some of the commendable aspects of the product that I found.

The Good:

- A little goes a long way: the method where I mixed the mask with water meant that this product would last me a long time

- Considering how long a 100 ml jar would typically last, at SGD 21, this is a very affordable product

- I like that there are lactic acid in the ingredients. Lactic acid is a gentle alpha- hydroxy acid ( AHA) which is a chemical exfoliant that sloughs off dead skin cells on your skin, without having to use harsh exfoliating beads. (Major plus points!) It's good to note that AHA's are commonly used in anti-ageing products to improve the appearance of wrinkles as well.

The Bad :

Oil control :
This product has been heavily marketed as one that absorbs sebum. Like many ladies out there with oily skin, I use clay masks with the intention of easing oil production throughout the day. This is especially important if there's an important event the next day and I want to feel confident without having to worry if my face was getting shiny. After multiple use of this product, it is safe to conclude that this product did not help with oil control at all. This is strange because even though I wasn't too sure of the abilities of the volcanic ash, I was so positive that the kaolin clay added to it would have helped to control sebum. The fact that it didn't meant that you might want to have a go at other masks in the market for the ladies out there with combination to oily skin.

Tightening of the pores:

Enlarged pores typically comes with oily skin, and I am no exception. I had high hopes for this clay mask, especially having seen reviews where some ladies swears by its ability to slough off their black heads. However, it did not clear out my pores nor did it tighten it.

The packaging:

It is a typical jar packaging which I do not like for hygiene reasons. Constantly dipping my fingers into it meant that it could potentially introduce bacteria to it. I also don't like that I have to use my fingers to scrape out the content of the jar, which by the way gets harder when the product gets drier over time. ( I do know that Innisfree sells a plastic spatula for SGD $2, however it's too large to fit into the jar, which in my opinion, makes it no different that a plastic spoon.) Also, it isn't exactly air tight as well - this means that even after two months ( well, in my case ) , it would significantly get drier. Not a good sign of a good mask if you ask me.

Being one of the first few to introduce a volcanic ash mask into the mass market, I can understand the reason for the hype behind the Innisfree Super Volcanic Ash Mask. Another possible reason for its popularity are the ladies ( or gentlemen) with normal to combination skin types who wants a clay mask that are not too drying. Such that it does not give the 'tight and dry' feeling that some clay masks provides. This sensation is typical for oil absorbing products and would explain its lack of oil control properties. On this aspect alone, this mask would be an enjoyable mask to use. However,

-read more about it-

review on Innisfree Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam :

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by snowdrop05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was not so impressed when I used this product for the first time. I rinsed it off after 15 mins and found the result was just average. My skin was as per normal. Nothing to rave about. So for the 2nd time, I left it on longer for about 30 mins (the humidity is around 89% in my area), and the skin was really smooth. Totally love it, Wish that I can apply this everyday. Now I want to try this before my next facial appointment to see how many blackheads will the beauty therapist squeeze out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Vketvaz

Love this clay mask a lot even though I only tried it on once.
Bought it yesterday from Singapore Bugis InnisFree boutique @ SGD 21 and I rushed home immediately because I can't wait to try it out.
The texture wise is smooth and easy to apply with that minty and cooling effect. Even my boyfriend love this product! He seldom praise a skincare product that I tried on him, but he said this was really good! I have combination/dry skin, more like oily on T-zone but drier on C-zone. So my boyfriend's face is much more oily as you guys know, man are lazier to take care of their skin, therefore they will have oily, open pores, skin roughness etc. So wen my boyfriend says this really works for him, it shows that it really works!
Even though I have much more dry skin, but this product never dries up my skin at all. Instead it gave me a deep cleansing feel which I super love. After applying for 15 mins, the wash off part was quite difficult. Not saying that it was difficult to wash off, maybe because it's clay mask so... For lazy people like me will find it quite troublesome to wash it off. Even after washing the mask off, I still feel that minty and cooling feel on my skin, and my pores seems to look tighter and my skin is so so so matte, can't stop touching my face afterwards.

One major con of this product is, they don't provide spatula which most of the korea brands skincare have. That's the only think I don't like about this product. Nevertheless, overall is a 4.5/5

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Melodyyo

This is a life saver I'm serious. Had a bad breakout two days ago and my face was itchy and dry and sensitive. Used this and by yesterday morning the redness was reduced, and by now most of the pimples are gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this clay mask. leave it on for about 15 mins and you will get clean clear skin. Blackhead out, leaving skin soft and smooth without drying. worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by intoxicatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask is amazing. Works all the time. It makes my skin really clear and smooth. One of the better masks that actually works. Definitely buying again.