December 20, 2014 | 991 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - toasted hazelnut lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by cdo0208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this a very long time ago, but I still remember it being a favorite of mine!! I was very sad when they discontinued this. My mom bought me this for Christmas and I used this up very quickly. I loved the warm, crisp smell of it. It was a delicious scent that wasn't too sickening sweet. It was comforting, creamy, and overall, absolutely divine. Bath and Body Works, bring this back!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my absolute favorite winter smell for years. I rationed it out when they discontinued it. I would love for it to be brought back. I still have a tiny amount of the body splash that I sniff randomly. Amazingly, it still smells wonderful after all these years. I am a very scent oriented person and the smell of this always reminds me of Christmas time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by janina73

Put me in the 'love' category of this love or hate scent. Dunno if they changed the formula of the lotion but I find this to be just slightly thicker than the current BBW lotions. I, too am disappointed it was discontinued and one of the reviewers below had a good suggestion about it being brought back as a holiday scent. It does remind me of that time of the year as it's a very comforting and warm winter scent. The main note I get with this is nutty. It is very strong and long lasting which is good as you don't need too much. (I wear it for the scent rather than the moisturizing properties), I have never had to buy the splash because of the nice strong scent of the lotion. The only other Toasted Hazelnut products I have is the body wash and the now discontinued body scrubs (the type that came in the squeeze bottle). With my skin chemistry, I notice that Toasted Hazelnut smells better and better on me as the day goes on. It's nice to get a whiff of it during my work day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*Gag* I'm not sure how anyone could find this scent pleasurable. I received a bottle of the Toasted Hazelnut lotion in a swap and upon first smelling it, the urge to retch was so strong I could actually taste bile at the back of my throat. Abominable! This smells like 3 year-old curdled sour milk. I get no hint of toasty warm hazelnuts whatsoever. Some other reviewers mention it smelling like cappucino...nope, I get none of that either. What I DO get however is both incredibly pukeworthy and nauseating. I generally love BBW lotions and fragrances so I'm really shocked that they have put out something so disgusting. I won't be surprised if you tell me this one is discontinued. For once, BBW are justified in doing so!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 3:58:00 AM More reviews by banjyus

I love this scent. I still have the splash and use it. Sadly, this is discontinued. I would get it again. I wish they would bring it back as a holiday scent. That festive pomegranate is gross.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by CloudsInMyCoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a bottle of this t the winter semi annual sale, and I may get another one since it is DC now, and super rare! It's one of my favorite BBW scents! A warm, cozy scent, without smelling burnt or too nutty. Just perfect for winter!!! Loooove this

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2004 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Keely_24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

O....M...G... This is the most disgusting fragrance I've ever put on my body!! I may throw up! It smelled good in the bottle but when I put is on it turned into the worst fragrance I've ever put on. Definately try this in the store before purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2004 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Anneley

I love this fragrance, too bad it's discontionued! I had the hand lotion and it smelled wonderful. I am a big hazelnut fan in general, so to me it was very yummy and comforting scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2004 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Goreygal

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a Bath & Body Works freak, and this is my favorite of all their fragrances since the company's beginning. Its nutty sweetness is warm and comforting, and I wish BBW would bring it back. It started out as a holiday fragrance in 1997, and it would be a wonderful holiday gift to bring it back for Christmas 2004.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hiroshiyata

I work at BBW, and this is by far my LEAST favorite fragarence we make. It's absolutely disgusting. I can't imagine how anyone could find this scent enjoyable... *gags*