October 21, 2014 | 1890 users online

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by moomooknickers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello panda eyes! Avoid!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by NingOnline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't work for me. In fact, this is one of the worst mascaras I have ever had! It doesn't do whatever it promises to do; lengthen nor curl. I always curl my lashes first and I always use waterproof mascaras. This one makes my lashes so heavy and wet that they immediately become straight down again and nothing will change it; except for removing it and use another mascara to fix it. This is really a super waste of my money. I still cannot believe that I payed 31.50 euros for it. I knew it was silly in the first place, but I thought it was time for another challenge and I thought let's try a high-end brand.. Never again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by leelu23

After reading reviews on here I thought I'd try this mascara, as I'm still on a search for my perfect mascara: lengthening, volumizing, non-clumping, preferably non-smudging, and most of all one that holds a curl, because I have thick stranded and straight lashes that needs a waterproof mascara to hold it in place.

Being a pretty pricey mascara I had high hopes for the Sublime, especially because the packaging specifically says that it lengthens and curls, but within seconds of application my lashes were dead straight again (I always curl lashes first). My lashes may have been lengthened but I didn't manage to take notice because I was too horrified at what had just happened - I paid all that extra money for this??? I rely heavily on my curled lashes to open up my small eyes so I was really disappointed with the result.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by ninawaddell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I always use waterproof mascara as my make up tends to run, and this one is pretty good as far as they go. It gives a lovely, natural looking effect, it doesn't clump, but the only downside is I thought it smudged a bit too much for a product of its price. Apart from that, fantastic mascara!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Waterproof eh?! It smudges!! Not quite what I expected from a very expensive mascara ...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by emmanicolebrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best mascara EVER! I've used tons and tons and after receiving a sample in the mail with another purchase from the chanel website, I knew I had to switch from DiorShow. This mascara never clumps, lengthens, stays on well. I remove with Ponds at the end of the day and I'm all good. Its a little pricy, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by moonshell

This is a really great mascara, it lengthens, curls and separates my lashes to give it a wide-eye, feathery effect. It also lasts the whole day and doesn't flake or smudge- never budges at all. But I only use it like 4-5 times a week because it is such a pain to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by jarynqimei

pro: curls my lashes, volumized my lashes, holds my lashes' curls, mascara last for the whole day, smudge proof, water proof.

con: SGD49 ( steep price )

best mascara i have try, first chanel makeup owned, and will always go back for this, despite the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had very high expectations from this as on the ads it was stated to be for Asian lashes, to extend the lengths and give the lashes a long, feathery look. I have always been using Inimitable Waterproof and was convinced that Sublime (been waterproof and for Asian lashes) will be a better alternative. When I pop opened the tube, the brush applicator impressed me with 4 harder combs and 3 softer, shorter and denser brushes in between the combs. Following the instructions to brush on the the shorter brushes and combing thru with the harder combs by rotating the brush head, the first coat went on rather thin and sparse. The second coat was still nice and seperated, but it lacked the volume and density I normally acheived with Inimitable. I think this is better for someone with thick lashes looking for a bit more elongation and good separation. This lacks the volume buliding I would have much preferred. I will use this for my "light" mascara days when all i want is the minimum mascara look as this has a natural look to it like lash tint but longer...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: I earlier posted this under Chanel Exceptionnel, and it was only just now realized that what I am actually reviewing is the Sublime Chanel Waterproof ( I have it in no 10: Black). Think this was just launched a few months back. Am not sure if you have it elsewhere, since it is not in the Chanel website. I got it in Malaysia. Ok, here we go again, after making the necessary changes. Sorry for the silly mistake. For a while there I lost uhh..focus :P

I am using the waterproof one. I am a die hard fan of the Chanel Inimitable Waterproof mascara, which I've been using daily since it would get me through tennis, or gym and sometimes both in the same day without smudging or flaking; it would still be going on strong at the end of it all. (Though the same can't be said for the wearer, whom after those double tennis/gym sessions,would be crawling back home with her tongue hanging out). So, to compare between those two: Sublime is darker and will give a more dramatic result. It is also clumpier, making application tougher. I have to use my scary sharp Tweezerman metal eyelash comb vigorously to separate the lashes plus a spoolie brush. Having said that, it is easier to put a second layer with the Sublime, due to its plasticy hard comb-like bristles. I could really comb the second layer onto the first layer with satisfying pressure and the "combs" will be able to get through the already dried (and thus not so pliable) first layer of mascara. Sublime will also last without smudging throughout my vigorous exercise sessions (but my teenager sons both said I STILL have wiggly butt. Of COURSE I can't compete with their guys' butt. Tough being in an all male household. Not to mention the toilet seats are always up! sorry, where was I? Oh yeah, the mascara) My verdict: if you have the time, patience and skill and even more patience: get the Sublime. It gives a nicer end result. But since patience is def not one of my stronger points, I'm going back to the Inimitable once I finish my tube of Sublime. But then again, I might just keep one around.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No