July 25, 2014 | 1960 users online

Lips - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick- Black Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by joeccentric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this in a lip pallet as a GWP and love it. Wore it to my high school graduation (pic up) and got tonnes of compliments. I applied it with a lip brush for precision results.

Pros:
- Smooth and easy to apply
- Perfect strong deeper red
- Minimal bleeding (after 4 hours, it starts to bleed)
- Lasts long (fades in the middle of lips and corners after 7 hours)
- Not drying

Cons:
- Price is hefty (I'm a poor student D:)
- Will need lip liner if you intend to wear it for a while.

Would definitely repurchase if it wasn't as expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by wetheliving

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favourites. Beautiful vampy, sophisticated colour (great match with my NC35 half Asian skin) which I apply with a lip brush. The smell is amazing as well! Very moisturising, great packaging, such a shame it's discontinued...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Spooty

This seems to be the red that I reach for a lot. More a deep red than a bright red. It can be toned down with some blotting but I also sometimes use a red shimmery gloss over it when I want my lips to have some dimension. Kind of a matte colour and scented. Has some lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A gorgeous, deluxe, expensive looking lipstick that you won't be ashamed to be seen topping up in a restaurant. Not that you'd need to though! It's got tremendous staying power. A vampy, deep red shade more suitable for Winter outfits with the merest hint of eye make-up. Makes me feel very diva-ish and la-di-da!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Admittedly this is not my type of color but its gorgeous. I find it goes on a bit to vampy / deep if I apply it from the tube but if I use just a tiny bit on a lipbrush or my finger it comes out to be the perfect red. Even just from trial and error I found that if I need to apply from the tub I can wipe with my finger and blot a few times to get that desired muted look. And I say muted but this color is definately not light or natural or for the redphobic. This lasts so well! Totally wears like iron. Id be again if it wasent discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 6:48:00 AM More reviews by spaceygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a dark plummy/brown lippy that I wear when I feel vampy and diva-ish! It brings out your mouth so wear it with toned down eye make-up and its fabulous. The other great thing is the swish, deluxe packaging. Very expensive looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tonee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black Wine is a deep dark red in a cream formula. It also has a nice spicy fragance (cinnamon?) and good lasting power. It's a great color for my olive skin (NC35) and I don't have to use anything other than a light dusting of gold eyeshadow and mascara when wearing this lippie - it makes the lips so noticeable, too much of anything else would be overkill.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

This is a cool, deep red shade that looks good on me, a fair, cool brunette. Good for a special occasion or a night out on the town. When I wore it to work, I felt as if everyone was staring at my mouth (I do have full lips, but the contrast of this to my skin is just that DRAMATIC.) But it makes me feel like an old-time movie star when I wear it for dressier occasiouns. The tube I have will probably last forever, but if I ever need to repurchase, I will.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2005 2:39:00 AM More reviews by tash22nz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very bright red. I've never been able to wear this on its own as its so bright, I usually tone it down by putting it on after lip balm and then putting gloss on. It has a great texture and is definately very eye-catching. I wish i was brave enough to wear it as its a beautiful colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2004 1:15:00 AM More reviews by adozenblueroses

*edit* I never thought I'd wear this because it's so dark and red, but it creates a beautiful red lip. I got this as a gwp, but I had to settle for the cool colours because they ran out of warm. Surprisingly, that wasn't an issue with this lipstick. Wearing the right makeup colors, it gives a shockingly 50's perfect red lip. I wouldn't wear this everyday, but with a grey cardigan or structured wool coat, it would look gorgeous.