April 18, 2014 | 1966 users online

Cleansers - Shu Uemura - High Performance Skin Purifier Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by rasbperries

Before I bought this I'd tried DHC and Softymo cleansing oils and hated both of them because they dried my skin out terribly, so I was skeptical about cleansing oils. I tried this on my hand before buying it and it didn't seem to have the same stripping effect, so I bought it just to see. It's very expensive but it was at Sephora and I had $20 off so I figured I might as well. I have the green bottle (which is the purifying one I believe). I'd been using Ponds before because my skin gets very dehydrated in the winter and by the end of the day it always feels dry and tight, to the point where I don't even want to get it wet because the water itself is irritating. Ponds is nice in this regard but it won't do anything for clogged pores so my skin was getting worse over time, which is why I decided to try this.

Honestly I was shocked at how much I loved it! It really does clear out my pores and clean all my makeup off and my skin doesn't feel either too dry or too greasy afterward, just balanced and clean. My skin is definitely not perfect but it has cleared up SO much since I've started using this. The clogged pores on my cheeks have lessened and I'm getting fewer zits as well. So yes, it costs a pretty obscene amount, but the effects have definitely been worth it for me. Plus I've tried cheaper cleansing oils and they didn't work at all for me, so I will probably repurchase. For people with dehydrated skin/clogged pores I'd definitely recommend trying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by chooky12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a travel size so I could try it and see if I liked it - which I do!

This cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and moist.

However, the only draw back is that the actual process of the cleansing has become a bit of a deal breaker for me.

The oil goes on easily enough, but when it comes to the emulsifying stage, I find I get the emulsified water/oil running down my arms as I massage my skin. It ends up being messy and uncomfortable before I even get to the rinsing stage. I'm sure there is a better way to do it and it's probably user error on my part, but the process certainly isn't quick or easy.

Based on that and price, I probably wont be buying the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by littlecagedbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using the pink version (Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil) of this and have fallen in love with it. I'm on my third bottle now. Because I have slightly oily skin and get clogged pores, I decided to use this type. I have used the green one and in comparison to that one, this one has more of a watery consistency. It was odd at first but now I enjoy that it doesn't feel as oily on my face. It does an amazing job at melting off my MU and helps remove clogged pores. When I wash my face, i feel the hard sebum coming out. LOVE this product. those who get clogged pores should try this. It is also very gentle on the skin. I buy it off sasa which is so much cheaper in comparison to getting it in store in AUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

I got this on pink bottle (Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil), and hands down, this is the best cleansing oil that I ever used.

Not only this cleansing oil cleans all my make up thoroughly, but also I feel like they are cleansing my pores too. Whenever I clean my face with this cleanser, I always found some junks out of my pores. After rinsed with water, it leaves my skin so smooth and it's not oily anymore.

Overall, I love this product and it is worth to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

LOVE THIS STUFF! Removes makeup like a dream, and perfect for the sensitive and dry cheeks of mine. This oil does not clog my pores, and leaves my skin soft and supple. I had a sample and purchased the full size. It is expensive, but it's worth it imo.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

This is one of the more expensive oil cleansers and by far the worst I have used. i got this as a sample (thankfully) and found that it was useless as far as cleansing goes! I would have to repeat use to get anywhere. It is too watery.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow this is great for the correct consumer. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with oily skin, but then again, if you have oily skin, I doubt you'd be looking at reviews for an oil cleanser. I've always had relatively dry skin, I think I was the only girl in high school who never had a Pimple lol. And as time has gone by, I've slathered moisturizer all over my face, low end to high end brands, and the ones that are directed for really dry skin have always left my skin really greasy n oily, not a good base for makeup as it starts to slide around. But leaving my skin somewhat dry has really started to show, I'm
27 and my skin is dull, lifeless, and never glows, no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize. This little dry skin problem has definitely aged my young skin. Well here comes this bottle of shu purifying (yellow) oil cleanser. Like another reviewer said, there's a right way to use this: use dry hands to dry skin, massage, apply water and massage til it turns into a milky substance, rinse off, dry and you're done. My skin actually looks like a 27 year olds skin now, it's soft and supple and just vibrant!! Now before you start to complain about the price of this, remember, this acts like a cleanser and moisturizer and makeup remover all in one, so if this product works for you, you have turned 3 products into one. The amount you would spend on cleanser, moisturizer and makeup remover add up to this, so it is worth every penny. I highly recommend to dry aging skin. We spend all of this money on makeup, but what does makeup do for you if your skin doesn't look good? I use my regular cleanser in the AM, and this at night. I wouldn't suggest using this more than once a day. I've never broken out from a product, so I can't tell you if this would have an adverse affect on your skin, but that's always to the individual. I hope another fellow dry to normal skin lady can enjoy this as much as i do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil (Pink)

This is my ultimate makeup remover. At first, I didn't believe putting oil on my face would remove my makeup or anything like that. I was kind of "meh" on paying so much for a big bottle of oil cleanser that I didn't even know if it would work. I am SO GLAD I jumped on the band wagon. This is one makeup remover I will always stick to no matter what. You are paying for a costly product that works so well and lasts you so long. I normally use one pump whenever I wear makeup (5 out of 7 days) and it's enough because I don't wear a lot of makeup for it to remove. There's nothing more I can say than to give compliments to Shu Uemura for creating/discovering this because it is the only thing I'll probably use from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by SoraHime

One of the best skin purifiers I have used.
I limit my use of this product to the times I have layers of products to remove ( so not on a daily basis ) and it removes all traces of make up including waterproof mascara and waterproof liner on tight line like a charm. Leaves my skin supple as well and I would usually skip my night cream if I use this.
I don't mind the packaging at all and am glad that it has a pump dispenser. I'd rather have a product that delivers vs a pretty packaging with crappy product.
Very pricey but worth the splurge. It will last if used correctly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's taken me a while to get using my bottle of the green coloured version of this oil but I love it.

Pros:
- takes all my makeup off, even full and heavy eye make up
- doesn't dry out my skin
- doesn't clog my pores
- easy to use, apply to dry skin, then moisten your hands to lather the oil on your face and then rinse off
- love the packaging.

Cons:
- a bit expensive but worth it.