October 24, 2014 | 1865 users online

Lips - Lipstick Queen - Jean Queen lipstick & gloss duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

While I love Pink Sinner and Saint Pink, I think Jean Queen would be the way to go for someone wanting to try out an LQ pink without access to real life swatches. (One of the few negative things you'll hear an LQ fanatic like me say about the brand is that the images/swatches of the lipsticks on the LQ website are ridiculous.) For someone already familiar with the brand, Jean Queen is a darker pink than Pink Sinner and Saint Pink. I never buy into the idea of "universal colors", but I will say that I think Jean Queen would work with a wide range of skin tones. I also think this set would work with any age group. Sidenote: for people who found Medieval too red for a natural look, I think Jean Queen might be the ticket. This is a pleasantly moist lipstick; it being such a moist lipstick in such a natural shade of pink, it's very forgiving in terms of rushed application. I know this is billed as a lipstick and gloss for a casual look, and indeed it does work as such, but I think this lipstick and/or gloss would be a good option for work for women who want a very natural makeup look at work. As everyone has noted, the gloss is more pigmented than the lipstick. I'm always more a lipstick person than a gloss person, but I actually really like this gloss. With it being such a natural shade of pink gloss, I never fear it looking inappropriate at more solemn functions the way I would a lip gloss in a more vampy shade. I'm taking one lippie off for the brush applicator; it's very easy to either squeeze out too much gloss or not have enough. The strange thing is, LQ's Big Bang glosses feature doe foot applicators so one would think they'd know better.
One thing really nice about this set is it lets the wearer rather than the products take credit for its effects: an onlooker is liable to think the wearer has nice, healthy lips rather than think, "Oh, so-and-so is wearing nice lipstick." This is not to say either the lipstick or gloss are lacking in pigment. It's just that pigments are such natural shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by MKJulia1

Loves it!! I am in love with this Lipstick Queen combo! My first purchase from LQ and it has quickly become my go to lipstick.

Purchased it online (from QVC) and watched/listened to Poppy talk about the product color. She said, on air , that the color works best for denim because Denim is a cool color but this lipstick is a mixture of both warm& cool colors- And, thus that is why she says, "it looks good on everyone". It works for me :)

Naturally I have a slight brown pink lip tone & a warm skin tone. The color amps up my own lip color. I have found it great for a natural look but it brightens up my skin. And, because of it's layer capabilities it can be a soft sheer wash of color or add more of a punch by applying more.

Those praises said, here are a few of my dislikes:
1.) I am not a fan of the style of pkg this gloss comes in. I've never liked this type of brush applicator because it is hard to get the right amount of product out of it- either too much or too little comes out.
2.) The lipstick goes on silky smooth but is not moisturizing to my lips (the moisture sits on top of my lip & doesn't sink in to my skin).
3.) I do have to reapply frequently. Not as much when I wear the lipstick under the gloss.
4.) I noticed that on my un-primed skin, it can seep into the fine lines around my lips- but when I prime properly this does not occur!

These dislikes are not enough for me to drop my rating. Just wanted to add them in my review to be well rounded.

I will totally be repurchasing this set and I have already ordered another three pkg set to try out the other LQ lipsticks! Can't wait!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by beckymcadams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very sheer, pink...the shade of pink that is the color of baby's lips, almost. Has a very moisturing feeling to the lips. The gloss is about the same color as the lipstick; just makes the lipstick more "slick" feeling. Also tends to travel very easy. Applictor has a "brush" tip to it which I don't particularly care for. Def won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't think any lipstick has ever impressed me as much as this one. After wearing Jean Queen for a couple of days, I ordered several more Lipstick Queen lipsticks. The formula is extraordinary! Jean Queen lipstick is a sheer, neutral rose-pink shade without blue or orange undertones. To me, it looks very much like the natural color of many lips I see on small children. Even though I'm very warm-toned, this is a pink I can wear quite well. Actually, it's beautiful. I love the continual moisturizing and cushiony feeling of the lipstick, and I cannot get over how long it lasts. This is one of the longest lasting lipsticks (aside from lip stains) I've ever used. Jean Queen gloss makes a gorgeous topper for the lipstick. It's more red in color than the lipstick and it leaves a completely non-sticky, plump wet look on lips. Personally, I don't like the built-on brush applicator, because I always squeeze out too little or too much. The application for me is a little sloppy, so I prefer old-fashioned wands. However, this lipgloss is so fantastic I think it would look good if I applied it with a shovel. Jean Queen has fast become one of my all-time favorite lip kits, and I'm sure that I will continue to purchase this easy to wear, perfect for every day color.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Right now, this is an incredible deal at QVC. You get a lipstick that resembles the Saints and a gloss for $23. They are denim friendly inspired warm pink shades. I'd say perhaps it works as a neutral. On me the lipstick looks warmer than the gloss. The lipstick is slightly sheer, as her Medieval, and is buildable. It feels like a slick balm but didn't have problems with it sliding. Poppy described it as the color of babies lips. I would say close, if it were a tad cooler. The gloss is great and goes on a little darker. I like the color of the gloss a bit more but they are very close in color. The lipstick case is a denim blue tube. I do not like the packaging of the gloss, it is a squeeze tube that is an accident waiting to happen. I wish it was a doe foot you could dip & don't know why this design was chosen. I get a bit too much out and it seems to suck in air and the next time you squeeze it seems to splurt out. Oh well, I love how it looks on!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No