July 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Styling Products - Pantene - Curly Hair Style Spray Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE. Can't live without this stuff. My hair his wavy/curly-ish & I live in Tennessee so there is a ton of humidity. When I'm leaving my hair natural I use this and it helps my hair not turn into a frizz ball. The only reason I gave it 4 lips is because if you use too much your hair can tend to get a little crispy. Other than that it's an all around great product for the price! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this does not seem to contain silicones, though does contain Hydrogenated Castor Oil. tbd

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

Love this stuff! I have wavy hair that is super prone to frizz. I saw it on sale at Sobeys for $3 so I grabbed it and decided to try. And I'm very glad I did!
After I shower at night, I spray my hair liberally and then I braid it and go to bed. In the morning I have gorgeous waves that last for TWO DAYS. This stuff is magic.
Only reason I took a lippy off is because it makes your hair crusty.
I have already recommended it to my friends. She has thick thick thick hair as opposed to my normal-thin hair, so hopefully it works for her too!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the great reviews but sadly it was a disaster on my hair.

For reference, I have baby fine, slightly wavy hair and I have a ton of it. Even though I have a ton of hair, I have to use products to add volume or curl in order to have any body at all. My hair also needs added moisture to coax curls to form when I dry with a diffuser. I have been using another Pantene product, a mouse that adds moisture but when I couldn't find it at my local Target recently, I tried this one instead. It made my hair stick straight because it was so dry. My hair felt fried, damaged, and my scalp itched until I washed this stuff out. The next day I had to coat my hair in coconut oil prior to washing just to get some moisture back into it.

I'm sorry this didn't work for me because the price was excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Wavyhairedgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually registered just to review this product. I have medium length, extremely wavy and prone-to-frizz hair. My hair isn't exactly curly but it has very deep waves. When my hair dries is gets veeerry poofy! I was looking for a product that would enhance my waves and prevent them from becoming one big ball of frizz. I found it!!! It was only $6 at my local drugstore - and I live in a relatively small city. I just wash my hair like usual then wait a few minutes and spray this stuff on from roots to tip and then scrunch and try to distribute it as carefully as possible without actually combing my hair. I also used a little bit of John Frieda's frizz ease leave-in. And that's it! I went out and noticed that some top parts of my hair were hard after a while, that scared mr because I HATE crunchy hair. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that the crunch went away after an hour or so. And it held the waves, without too much frizz , for the whole day. In the evening it was a bit poofy but i just sprayed a tad more and smoothed my hair down. Thank you pantene!!! I got a lot of comments like 'did you curl your hair?" And 'your hair looks pretty today!' And 'is that your natural hair?' Sorry for the long review but I'm just so happy with this product!! I would definitely recommend this!😊

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like using this for my low-maintenance days because I can just spray this on damp hair, scrunch a bit, and go. I do really like that it comes out as a fine mist rather than a shower of spray gel because I feel like it covers my hair more evenly! Not my HG curly hair product, but I do enjoy having it around. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Beckie094

I saw this product at a drugstore and i was really excited to try it out. Its not a really thick gel so i thought it wouldnt weigh my hair down and it got such great reviews. I HATE this product i wont ever buy it again. It made my hair so dry, so frizzy, and my scalp just felt dirty afterwards that i think im going to toss it. I sprayed it onto damp hair after the shower and let my hair air dry like normal the results were horrifying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this gel. It can be used over something (I used Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine leave in) or by itself. I like it because it sprays really well (fine, but not too misty & covers a good area of hair) and doesn't curl up my hair too much (I have 3b with some 3a & 3c curls), but still holds and defines well. The reason why I'm not giving this five stars is because it builds up on my scalp really badly, so I'm constantly itching and losing a lot of hair, but my hair is really sensitive to build up, so don't let that dissuade you! I still definitely recommend this spray gel :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by wanny

I bought this at Target for around $3.50. I've been using Kevin Murphy's Beach Resort Gel-Cream but I needed an alternative because it was getting too costly! I normally have wavy hair, but it gets very frizzy and the waves are quite crappy and not defined. After towel-drying my hair, I spray this on and use a diffuser. This product gave me perfect waves without the crunchiness and frizz. It lasts all day and has a pleasant (not too overwhelming) smell. I thought it was a great drug-store product and will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mzebra

Target had this on clearance and I swooped it up the moment I saw it. My hair is thin and straight and I like to keep it low maintenance. Normally I just blow it dry, but when I feel like getting fancy I curl it with a flat iron. Holy moley does this stuff help curl my hair better and keep it's shape. I also love that there is nothing sticky about this product. The mist is well dispersed and has a pleasant smell. This stuff really helps me rock some Shirley Temple-esque locks all night long.