October 23, 2014 | 852 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Zydrateelixir

I had been searching for a good affordable cranberry eyeshadow for ages. I was so impressed by the quality of these shadows they remind me so much of the urban decay shadows but without the hefty price. The color labeled "eyelid" in this trio is the perfect cranberry shadow. I usually pair the cranberry shade with their single eyeshadow in "panther" (which reminds me of black out from urban decay) that combination gives you the perfect gothic cranberry smokey eye. It reminds me a lot of something Amy Lee would wear :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my week of trying things languishing in the cabinet :-) I've had this trio for years, but never really use it. I like the brown crease shade, but not with the plum lid shade - just looks muddy. Today I tried it with a different lid shade (Cover Girl Mink) kind of a deep champagne color, and used the plum lid shade as a crease shade. Holy cow- it's gorgeous! Very subtle and more burgandy than purple. Just what I was looking for! Now I may have to buy a backup :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I seriously don't know why it took me so long to try WnW eyeshadows, probably because I was already in love with my higher end palettes and didn't even care to look twice at these. But this was the first trio I've ever tried from them and I'm hooked. I was initially drawn to this because I was bitter about not getting the Naked 3 palette yet I still loved the romantic eye shadow theme. I couldn't justify paying $52 for a palette that I would only use occasionally and I'm so glad I didn't because this really impressed me in terms of pigmentation and overall quality. Mind you, this was less than $2! It is actually on clearance for under a dollar at Rite Aid now.

I went crazy and bought Comfort Zone and Walking on Eggshells which I love using in conjunction with Knock on Wood. Since it's harder to create an eye look with this palette alone, I use the crease shade and eyelid shade from Walking on Eggshells. After that, I use the "eyelid" shade from Knock on Wood on the outer corners and the "crease" shade to deepen the outer V. This has been my go-to, foolproof look and it gives me the most gorgeous results every time. This is me jumping up and down on a table telling you to pick this up ASAP!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have had this for a long time and keep trying it, but in the end I have to just admit that its not made for my coloring :( I will not knock the coloring (no pun intended) in the rating. I gave it 4 because I do not find it as richly pigmented as the others I have from their trios.

This is very much a warm palette. I am very cool and it ends up looking like a muddy mess on my lids and does nothing for me. Sucks because I LOVE the colors. They are very brown/red. I would not recommend this palette to cool-toned women because it just looks off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried a couple wet 'n wild pallettes and like them all. Some have shades in I don't care for so they take up unwanted space. Anyways this trio is one that I really like all three colors and they all do work together or with other colors. I own many shades of brown but this is a cooler toned brown that looks nice paired with the brow color in the crease. The brow color is a bit dark as a highlight color on my fair skin but is lovely on the eyelid or as a transition color. Great for that, a paler version of Mac Haux. The eyelid color is a pretty pomegranite color. Nice to bring out color of green eyes. My eyes are blue-green and they look more green with any sort of red color. The lid color is a dark cranberry shade. I find it's dark enough so it doesn't make my eyes look bloodshot. This trio is great with a dark brown eyeliner. You could use black with the cranberry color as well for a more dramatic eye. Right now I'm trying to stay more natural so I have been using the Brow color the most as an all over lid shade wwith a brown eyeliner. Very nice and unique trio. These shades are all hard to find in the drugstore brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. the shadows are soft, smooth and pigmented. they are really night for the evening but the top color is nice for day time too. the cranberry shade is my favorite though/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not the biggest fan. While the formula and pigmentation are good, its the colors I don't love. I am pale, and I should know better than to wear anything pink toned around the eyes, because it makes me look like I've been up all night crying. That's the effect I get with this trio. Two of the three shades have a deep pink undertone. The lightest shade is basically dark pink, and waaayy too dark to use on the browbone, as suggested on the package. The plum shade is OK, but still a little too pink for my liking. I do like the brown shade though. At $3, I thought I'd risk it because its not a great loss, but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOLY MOTHER OF BLENDABILITY this stuff is amazing. The shadows aren't completely matte, but I'd say they're a satin finish--not too shimmery or sparkly at all. The colors are absolutely beautiful--the lid shade is that perfect spicy brownish-plum that is all over the runways this fall, and for good reason. And these shadows are so easy to blend, even more so than the other Wet 'n' Wild trios (and if you've tried some of the other ones, you know they're great quality). The shadows go on silky smooth and pigmented, with basically zero fallout. They're soft, but not so soft that they crumble and break when you swipe your brush on them. As for lasting power, I honestly haven't tested that yet, but I've had good experiences with the other three Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trios I've worn, and there's no reason to think this one is any different. In short, this trio just makes it so darn easy to create a perfectly moody, smoldering plummy eye look (which, by the way, will flatter every eye color). I cannot recommend this baby highly enough. It's absolutely going to be my go-to palette this fall, and for quite a while beyond that. :D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sunnygrl

I look this palette it is sooo pretty! cranberry colored eye shadows are hard to find in the drugstore and the fact these are so pigmented are amazing. This trio makes my green eyes pop!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with some that the middle brow shade color is the star of this palette. It really gives the perfect amount of depth to my eye area without looking muddy or unflattering in daylight. The pigmentation is great and has good staying power on my super oily lids. All three shades do work well together and I would have to say that if you liked the Walking on Eggshells palette, then you will love this one even more. It is easy to blend without having any chalky texture. This is such a bargain at less than three dollars for those on a budget and Wet n' wild always has sales on their products which is awesome. I would definitely re-purchase.