April 19, 2014 | 1837 users online

Treatments - Obagi - obagi skincare system

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on week 5 of the Obagi NuDerm System. I have suffered from melasma spots since my 20's. In the past I have used Triluma and found it effective however as with many products once I discontinued use, the melasma came back. My current dermatologist's philosophy is mitigation which makes sense to me. I asked her about more aggressive treatments like laser resurfacing and chemical peels and she steered me toward the NuDerm system along with prescription tretinion- 0.025%, the lowest dose.

The first couple of days when I began the NuDerm system my face was adapting to the new regimen, nothing too dramatic. The dramatic effects appeared once I introduced the tretinoin. I immediately saw redness, peeling and some itching of the skin. I used the tretinoin every 3rd night. I've never considered my skin to be sensitive, but this regimen has brought that consideration into question. I have never suffered from acne until I started using this system. Sure I get the occasional pimple from hormonal influences or too many potato chips, but I've been lucky with clear skin my whole life. I tried to increase the frequency of the tretinoin to every other night but my skin revolted in a scream of redness, peeling and even minor bleeding. The skin peeling was a little too dramatic. I cut back my usage of the tretinoin to every 3rd night again and introduced a moisturizer to the regimen which helps sooth the irritated skin.

I know, sounds like a bad review, but you know what? Funny thing is, I am definitely seeing results. The skin turnover is unlike I have ever seen. My pores are smaller, my skin smoother, my dark spots fading. In my experience, redness and acne is the price I pay for less dark spots. I'm hoping as I go through the different phases of this treatment my results continue. I'd be awesome to look in the mirror and have clear even skin.

The skin peeling and redness has definitely made it difficult to utilize my normal makeup routine and I dare not go out into the world with a bare face for fear of scaring little children and getting disparaging looks from adults wondering if I am in possession of a mirror. I have found that the best foundation to cover the ravages of the effects of the NuDerm system is my Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation. It's light enough where it does not accentuate the dry flakey skin and it treads lightly. I experimented with my favorite bb cream, jane iredale liquid minerals foundation, guerlain lingerie de peau, and my Iope cushion bb compact and have found that the Koh Gen Do works the best.

I am looking forward to better skin and I believe the Obagi NuDerm System will get me there even if painful and somewhat unsightly. Will update when I've gone through the whole cycle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Nishaulm32

I use 70% isopropyl alcohol to cleanse my skin and this as a moisturizer it's awesome, my skin is flawless now, I don't even use water on my face and I use cotton pads.. If I have makeup on my eyes I use baby oil to get it off I only buy Obagi # 6 suns fader.. This is what I do hope it works for u.. I also stay away from sugary juices and drinks which I found to be trigger to my acne I drink water only and if I need something sweet I add propel to it bc crystal light triggers my acne too.. Hope this helps

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jc1789

I thought this product would change my acne forever. I am an avid research freak when it comes to makeup products. I will literally read up to 100 reviews (when I have the time of day) if there is something that is appealing to me. By the time I clicked "Confirm payment," I couldn't contain my excitement for the delivery to come into my door. It was definitely a luxurious payment, but I thought "hey it would be a good investment." To me- "ANYTHING is a great investment if it helps with your skin."

Uhm...no.

This treatment system is really powerful and harsh for someone who has sensitive, acne-prone, nit-picky skin. If you match those following attributes, please do not order it. Note: I did not try recently try this product. I ordered this obagi skin care kit last summer (2013). I, specifically, remember this, because my two best girlfriends and I had planned a short trip to Vegas over the summer. And I remember crying my eyes out in the room the next morning after trying the skin care, because my skin looked red, inflamed, raw and horrendous. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of using baking soda as an exfoliant for their face. If you have, you probably heard how it's absolutely amazing for your skin. Well that was a destructive experience for me as well, and the appearance of my skin that day perfectly corresponded with how I looked after trying the "natural-baking soda remedy" experience. (I shall write another review on that later).

I also want to note that I tried this system for 4- days (max). It was pretty traumatic, because I remember telling my girlfriends that I wanted to cancel the Vegas trip, because I couldn't afford stepping outside. Fortunately, I used my mom's skincare line (not great for acne-prone, oily skin), but since Obagi COMPLETELY stripped every ounce of oil on my skin, I used it.

I ended up going to Vegas and due to applying overwhelming amount of moisturizers on my face, my skin recovered in a gradual pace. Might I add- it greatly helped being in Vegas, because it created more moisture on the damaged skin.

I still have the kit in my room. I don't know why I didn't throw it out yet...probably because I spent over a $100 on it. I think it's in the garage somewhere and I'm going to crush it with my feet tomorrow (probably won't make a dent) and fling it into the garbage can outside.

I'm glad that this system benefited numerous amounts of people. Honestly, that's the reason why I purchased it, because it changed people's acne into beautiful, flawless skin. I wish it had the same effect on me, but every person's body has their own unique skin types, and my skin definitely did not enjoy Obagi at all.

Bottom line: Don't purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by getupkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I forced myself to drop around $150+ on the travel size kit because I was fed up with discoloring underneath my eyes. I pretty much had enough with people asking me what happened to my eyes (if I had a black eye or what!!). A few months later...I am so happy. Not only has the skin underneath my eyes improved, my skin overall is in much better shape. How do I know this? My makeup lasts so much better on my face. It's amazing. I didn't realize this would happen but I'm thrilled. I recommend that you give Obagi a try, BUT make sure to purchase it from a seller that's authorized and listed on Obagis website. That way, if you're unhappy for any reason, Obagi will refund your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Peramesiumeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gotta give this 5/5 stars. My wife and I swap around with different skincare kits and this one is a winner! Creams feel amazing and all work well

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't impressed with this at all.

This didn't help make my skin look better in regards to aging or acne.

As for the hyperpigmentation, I didn't notice anything corrected.

Any correction in hyper pigmentation was counteracted with worse irritated skin

After three months, and significantly less money in my bank, I had worse skin than before I started Obagi.

The packaging is nice, other than that, this was a terrible product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by LoverofJesus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just started this skin care system after seeing my Dr and being told I have melasma :( I have been using it for 48 hours and can already see a significant difference in my skin! The texture is much softer and pores are shrinking. I ordered off amazon.com the toner, cleaner, hydrate, sunscreen and exfoderm. I ordered the clear and blender off lovelyskin.com and saved $100 from what the dermatologist was going to charge me. Going to wait on retin-a. Going to Mexico in 5 weeks may buy some there. All in all I love the obagi products! I know it's only been 2 days but to already see improvements is promising! I really love the SPF. It wore well under my make up all day today!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Ethiopian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never written any reviews on any product in my life, but there is no way I will keep this one for myself. Obagi Nu Derm system is unbelievable. I read lots of reviews before starting the system and was anticipating some very good results, but I was not expecting THAT results!!

Seriously, I'm only coming to the end of week two and my skin has changed dramatically! I was mentally prepared that I will look like a monster for the first few weeks, but it was nothing like that - I was pink and had quite lot of peeling for the first week, now peeling and pinkness are still there, but very minor. But I can't believe how my skin looks! I always dreamt about such skin but never got nowhere close to it. (I had quite a few IPL treatments and tried all possible products under the sun, but I never been hitting the roof from the outcome.)

My skin hasn't been too bad to begin with, but I still had fair amount of pigmentation, dull uneven skin, marks from acne and blackheads… I din't think it was possible but they just seem to disappear on my eyes. Every day my skin looks better and better. My skin, maybe for the first time in my life, looks healthy and glowing. It hasn't been glowing even when I was a teenager. It looks now as if it was retouched in photoshop, like on those beautiful pictures in glossy magazines. I used to spend lots of time in front of the mirror, studying my spots, blackheads and sun damage and hating it and now I can't take my eyes of it because it looks like I never thought it will be.

I think one of the reasons why I managed to avoid this horrible 'monster' stage is because I was very careful with Reting-A to begin with. I didn't start with a pea size, but maybe with the third or half amount during the first week and also was avoiding applying it to the most irritated areas (around my mouth and nose) So instead of shocking my skin with full-on amount, I let it time to slowly get used to it).

I had doubts if I should start the system during the summer when it was very hot but my beautician said that high humidity helps skin to adjust to the system quicker, so I guess this also has helped. But don't forget, 50 SPF sunscreen is essential during the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Bulbulaya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recommended this by my Dr for hyper-pigmentation . It works 100% but at the cost of drying my skin and i need to cut back. I now have wrinkles under my eyes so I am cutting back, and I started peeling . My skin became so sensitive that if I put a product it tingles. I would use it with care, and don't do my mistake . I put it too close to my under eye area

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by joannafthompson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am reviewing the NuDerm system. I have tried everything to treat my melasma from IPL to a VI peel. Nothing worked. The brown patches on my face barely faded. Prior to those treatments I used hydroquinone and tretinoin alone with no improvement. I just completed week 6 of the Obagi NuDerm system and I am so happy with the results. This has literally transformed my skin. My melasma had faded dramatically. I recommend this to anyone who has given up on having smooth even skin. The initial expense may seem a lot but after wasting money on products and treatments that don't work this system is worth every penny!