The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This was a perfectly pleasant shower gel, which lathered nicely and left my skin feeling soft and moisturised. The only downside was the scent, which I found to be quite synthetic - a little like warm plastic. I've used the body butter in this range and don't remember it smelling like this, so can only assume the scent is unique to the shower gel.

Although I liked it, there are plenty of other shower gels from TBS and other brands which I prefer more, so I won't be repurchasing this in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have really oily, sensitive, acne prone skin on my face and all over my body. This shower cream is the first bath product I have ever tried from tbs and the scent is very clean and not too overpowering. This has little to no lather as it's a thin, creamy consistency. It leaves my facial and body skin so clean and soft with no residue as it's gentle enough to not aggravate my acne. I also tried shaving with this once and I got such a close shave with no nicks as it's so creamy. It also removed deodorant really well despite that creaminess. My skin being so soft afterwards is probably contributed to the fact that I use my hands to wash my body instead of a textured body sponge or pouf but most people could probably get away with using one. I got the smaller bottle for $9 at Ulta which is a good value as it's good for both face and body as well as shaving even though it's recommended as just a body wash.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am a fan of TBS in general and have yet to find a product I disliked from them. This shower cream is no different. I was worried it wouldn't lather very well because of its label as a shower "cream" but it develops nicely into a rich, moisturizing, luxurious lather. The scent is nice, sort of nutty like cocoa butter lotion. It seems these kinds of fragrances in products are love-it-or-hate-it. (It took me a while for cocoa/shea butter to grow on me too, but it really does wonders for dry skin.) But if you feel as though your skin could use a little help during the long winter months, give this a shot. I like to use this especially on cold winter days in which I am shaving. It just adds a little more moisture to the whole ordeal in addition to body lotion, etc. I think TBS sells this in travel-size too for about $5. (However, this is only 2 oz. A full sized bottle is 8.4 oz. for $14. Not a very cost effective idea unless you're travelling or truly want to try out a few new scents.) You really can't go wrong with any of TBS shower gels/creams/soaps; especially there are often great B3G2 deals on their website or Ulta sometimes does buy 1, get 1 50% off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got the travel size version to see if I would want to buy the full size. It lasted about 4 weeks. The shower cream has a mild scent. It does not lather like shower gels would. Overall it was okay. I did not feel that much moisturized after using it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another hit for me from the Shea line. It smells great and creates a creamy lather that doesn't dry out my skin or cause any rashes. I just pour some on my loofah and after I am done, my skin is left soft and smooth. I wish the fragrance lasted longer on my skin but it is not a big deal. It rinses clean and is good if you are prone to flakiness and dryness on your body like I am.

I love this product!!!! I find with the body shop sometimes the smell is too artificial and strong. however this product has a light smell which just ignites my senses. I cant comment on the price as I received this as a Christmas gift however I will be repurchasing the bigger size bottle.it is one of those shower creams I just have to tell my friends about.

The first reason I picked this stuff is because my skin was dry due to drying bath gel. The shop assistant suggested several shower creams but I chose this because I love the smell. Classic, elegant scent in my opinion and it is not overwhelming.

The cream is a bit runny but not very thin. When I hold the bottle upside down (without squeezing), the cream doesn't come out. When lathered on skin, it isn't foamy. Not foamy = good shower cream. I think it's because The Body Shop doesn't use SLS in their bath products. It leaves my skin moisturized enough but once or twice I found that I needed to put on body lotion. So it may not be moisturize enough for people with very dry skin.

What I love so far from using this shower cream for more than 3 weeks is that it makes my skin less dry. My skin starts to get back to its normal condition.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this because I love the matching body butter so much and I'm glad I did, I love this stuff. It's very moisturizing but effective and leaves my skin smelling wonderful. It doesn't clash with my perfumes and I find that it actually enhances my YSL Manifesto. Love this product, will continue to purchase as I find good sales.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The only thing I really dislike about this is how it doesn't lather at all. It feels like I used lotion to shower instead... It took a while to get used to, and once I was accustomed to it I fell in love. It's really moisturizing. In fact, this is the most moisturizing shower gel I've used from TBS thus far. The smell can be a bit of an overkill since I also use the body whip, but the scent of the shower lotion doesn't linger very long.

I've stocked up on this during their sale. I usually alternate 1 bottle of Shea with 1 bottle of another shower gel (usually satsuma), followed by Shea again etc.

I looooove this smell!! I can't get over it. Not in a million years did I ever think I'd like the smell of Shea but this line from The Body Shop is just amazing. I've never even been a fan of The Body Shop but this past Christmas my brother bought me three sets (coconut, chocolate almond and strawberry) and my mum this Shea set. Well lucky me, my mum isn't too into body products so she let me have her set and I'm so glad she did cause this Shea set is my favorite. The scent is sweet but not too sweet... It's creamy and.. I really don't know how to describe it but it doesn't smell like real 100% Shea butter (which I don't like the smell of anyways). Anyways, this scent and product have made be a Body Shop fan and I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this line. The body wash lathers well and the scent lingers on the skin for a few hours, which I love. The only gripe I have is that the bottle is hard and doesn't squeeze as well as I'd like. Other than that, I love, love, love this product.

Popular Body Skincare Products