October 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Self Tanners - Tan Towel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted to try TanTowels for a while. I was lucky enough to swap for a nearly full box. So have using almost all the tans on several occasions I come to the conclusion...I prefer to use a mousse and mitt vs. Airbrush then use a wipe.

There is a learning curve for sure with wipes. I found the color was subtle. Did not appear orange. No odor.

Wipes are just not for me. I'd say swap for TanTowel if you are looking to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Teribrown

Love this tanner. I used it once in the evening and once again in the morning on the day I left for vacation, and had a rich tan by the time I got off the plane in San Diego. It doesn't smell weird, it goes on easily, and doesn't come off on my clothing or sheets. It is everything I want and need. This product is a winner, and I will be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by snapyojaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love! Been using for 5 years. If prepping for an eventful weekend, I'll exfoliate well during the week and use nightly two to three days before the event. Wash your hands afterwards to avoid orange palms!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite self tanners!

I'm usually more of a fan of St Tropez but when I'm pressed for cash and I need just one application, I run to Tan Towel. I always purchase the Plus and the full body towels. I cut the full body towels in halves or fourths to have a "full" towel to use for each part of my body. The only thing I hate is that I tend to find one is not enough. I usually use 2 for a nice deep tan. I will say that this product has virtually no after smell! I love it! No streaks, even on my back.
One of my favorite parts about this tanner is that I feel like it lasts longer than most. Usuaully when I apply tanner to my face and wash it the next morning, my tan just goes down the drain. Not with this stuff! My tan is STILL there even after washing. Same goes for the body. One wash and you still have this great glow. It's worth the price just for that!! I also like that it's fast drying as well. I stood under a fan for a little bit to make sure I'm fully dry, but there was no stickiness or fear of my clothes getting stained. Even after getting a pedicure my legs and feet still looked tan (although I re-wet a towel and reapplied a little...worked like a charm!). It has a hint of orange to it, but absolutely nothing to worry about. Some tanners are more brown than others. But still, the color was great, smell was nonexistent, and it lasted for a long time too! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Sniffy50

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No bad smell!!!!! Natural looking tan on my pale face. I order these by the truck load so I am never out. I stopped wearing foundation because this has given me such a nice glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by gingerbug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I'm just inept at self tanning or its something with my skin or with the formula but I can not get this right. I buffed the towel on and waited for it to dry (I waited nearly half an hour and there were still parts that didn't feel quite so dry) and hours later I'm extremely streaky. I applied another towel to the problem spots and I still have streaks.

On pros, I do like the set up, how quickly it develops, and the smell is quite nice. And the color produced looks very nice! I just wish I didn't look like a zebra.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sstaret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best self tanner I have ever used. Absolutely NO smell, quick drying, no streaks and a lovely subtle color. I watched a YouTube video and discovered these little gems and I can't recommend them enough. I carry them in my purse and give them to anyone who compliments my nice tan. I have the mist as well and use it to re-moisten the towelette when it gets a bit dry during application. About every 3 days I use the half body towel in Plus which is the deeper color but it develops to a perfectly subtle bronze in about 4 hours. I buy them from Amazon or on Ebay and I'm so happy to be able to have color in Winter or Summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tan towels are for sure better than drug store tanners, however, I had to use two sheets to get more of a color. I thinks the price is a little high...does not turn orange

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by beautyadmirer29

Being a self-tanning junkie, I try a lot of different types of self tanners, and this one is by far the most convenient!
When I'm feeling lazy, and am looking for color fast it's literally so easy to swipe this on after a shower and then wake up the next morning looking like I just got back from vacation.
They're year round, I use the classic in the winter because its a lighter bronze, and then the plus in the warmer months as its a dark bronze!
ALWAYS BUY THE HALF BODY TOWEL, it covers what it says it will and a little more and its the same as the full body in price, way easier to use as well.
Application: (Obviously exfoliate and moisturize dry areas) Get some cheap gloves to hold the towel with and unfold it, rub in circular motions starting with the legs and work up your body. When you open a new towel (usually when I get done with my stomach) DO NOT TAN YOUR FACE FIRST, the towel will be full with tanning formula and therefore your face will be the darkest, start with your chest or arms. Honestly though, there is not many ways to get a streaky tan with this product, just work in sections because there is no color guide. It fades like a real tan would, and doesn't smell too bad!
I use the tan towel mist too, its a refill for towels, and can be used on its own, (but can be hard to rub in).
All in all, a very good quick fix for great color, and is way more convenient than rubbing in a lotion and waiting for it to dry, definitely one of my favorite self tanners on the market!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by daym17

These are as good as it gets. No smell, easy to apply, quick drying, no streaks. These give you a subtle glow, which for me means they make me look alive during the winter months. Very highly recommend. Give these a shot, they are worth the price. You won't regret it.