Tan Towel

3.5

water, ethoxydiglycol, butylene glycol, dihydroxyacetone, cucumber extract, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance oil, ascorbic acid, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, tea tree oil, tetrasodium EDTA and sodium metabisulfate

on 4/19/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for two summers now, and I like that its very easy to use and good for travel,,,

Cons, I need to do two applications of the plus to really get good color, if you take a shower the next day and soap up your wash cloth or sponge and wash your body it comes right off
and looks streaky, this product cost too much money for what it does IMO.

someone just told me about a tanner from Sally's and its only 7.00 for a bottle and does a good job, Sorry tan towel you need to go back to the drawing board on this

on 4/15/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This has been my go-to tanning product for years. I apply to cleansed skin after doing a sugar scrub so that it goes on evenly and lasts for several days. I wear latex gloves to avoid any of the product being absorbed into my palms and I use four of the deep dark half body towels for my entire body. This is more than the makers indicate you'll need and I'm tall, slender and fair. The towels make it easy to rub the product in for streak free results and I like that there aren't a bunch of heavy moisturizers as I don't care for greasy products or feeling like there is a film on my skin. There is a faint smell of self-tanner when you first apply it but this dissipates completely after a shower. I usually let it develop overnight but 8-12 hours is sufficient to allow the tan to take and so I've also applied it in the AM and then showered at night. The only reason I had to give this 4 lippies rather than 5 is because it has diazolidinyl urea which, unfortunately, I recently found out via allergy patch testing I'm allergic to. This makes sense because I tend to get an eczema patch or two a couple of days after applying this product. Definitely gutted by this as it's otherwise a really lovely product.

on 8/2/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wanted to try TanTowels for a while. I was lucky enough to swap for a nearly full box. So have using almost all the tans on several occasions I come to the conclusion...I prefer to use a mousse and mitt vs. Airbrush then use a wipe.

There is a learning curve for sure with wipes. I found the color was subtle. Did not appear orange. No odor.

Wipes are just not for me. I'd say swap for TanTowel if you are looking to try it out.

on 2/17/2014 8:21:00 PM

Love this tanner. I used it once in the evening and once again in the morning on the day I left for vacation, and had a rich tan by the time I got off the plane in San Diego. It doesn't smell weird, it goes on easily, and doesn't come off on my clothing or sheets. It is everything I want and need. This product is a winner, and I will be buying it again.

on 1/29/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love love love! Been using for 5 years. If prepping for an eventful weekend, I'll exfoliate well during the week and use nightly two to three days before the event. Wash your hands afterwards to avoid orange palms!

on 1/23/2014 7:02:00 PM

One of my favorite self tanners!

I'm usually more of a fan of St Tropez but when I'm pressed for cash and I need just one application, I run to Tan Towel. I always purchase the Plus and the full body towels. I cut the full body towels in halves or fourths to have a "full" towel to use for each part of my body. The only thing I hate is that I tend to find one is not enough. I usually use 2 for a nice deep tan. I will say that this product has virtually no after smell! I love it! No streaks, even on my back.
One of my favorite parts about this tanner is that I feel like it lasts longer than most. Usuaully when I apply tanner to my face and wash it the next morning, my tan just goes down the drain. Not with this stuff! My tan is STILL there even after washing. Same goes for the body. One wash and you still have this great glow. It's worth the price just for that!! I also like that it's fast drying as well. I stood under a fan for a little bit to make sure I'm fully dry, but there was no stickiness or fear of my clothes getting stained. Even after getting a pedicure my legs and feet still looked tan (although I re-wet a towel and reapplied a little...worked like a charm!). It has a hint of orange to it, but absolutely nothing to worry about. Some tanners are more brown than others. But still, the color was great, smell was nonexistent, and it lasted for a long time too! Great product.

on 1/15/2014 6:46:00 PM

No bad smell!!!!! Natural looking tan on my pale face. I order these by the truck load so I am never out. I stopped wearing foundation because this has given me such a nice glow.

on 6/29/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not sure if I'm just inept at self tanning or its something with my skin or with the formula but I can not get this right. I buffed the towel on and waited for it to dry (I waited nearly half an hour and there were still parts that didn't feel quite so dry) and hours later I'm extremely streaky. I applied another towel to the problem spots and I still have streaks.

On pros, I do like the set up, how quickly it develops, and the smell is quite nice. And the color produced looks very nice! I just wish I didn't look like a zebra.

on 6/28/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best self tanner I have ever used. Absolutely NO smell, quick drying, no streaks and a lovely subtle color. I watched a YouTube video and discovered these little gems and I can't recommend them enough. I carry them in my purse and give them to anyone who compliments my nice tan. I have the mist as well and use it to re-moisten the towelette when it gets a bit dry during application. About every 3 days I use the half body towel in Plus which is the deeper color but it develops to a perfectly subtle bronze in about 4 hours. I buy them from Amazon or on Ebay and I'm so happy to be able to have color in Winter or Summer.

on 6/9/2013 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tan towels are for sure better than drug store tanners, however, I had to use two sheets to get more of a color. I thinks the price is a little high...does not turn orange