October 24, 2014 | 1873 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by verdana1

Though it goes on smooth, it also quickly changes to an orange spray suntan look. Obviously not for fairer skin. I thought it might be a cheaper substitute for the Smashbox version, but it doesn't come close.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. It did do a good job at correcting the redness I have on my chin and my nose. However, the product becomes orange once you rub in it. I am a pretty fair gal so this made me look way too orange. Once I put my foundation on, it seemed to be a little less orange but my redness was completely. I loved the color-correcting part of it but it needs to come in different tones. I ended up returning this and am still on the hunt for the perfect color-correcting primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Dgast4484

I wasn't sure i would be able to use this properly - the green freaked me out. But i was a good girl and did some google research. I went to vegas and the hot desert sun had me looking like a tomato. I mixed this with my foundation and it was like magic, all the red was gone. I even put some on my arms and chest and it worked. Great buy if used properly!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

I don't like this primer at all even under foundation it makes my face look so sick and pale and dull.... It makes me really oily through out the day and it had tiny sparkles In it... Don't buy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product was re-named to Magic Anti-Redness Correcting Primer, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the previous version.

I bought this primer to see if it would help combat some of the redness I've been experiencing as I'm using Retin-A and sometimes my skin's overall tone really needs proper, all over color correction. I thought this was a little expensive at $11 for such a small tube, but for the price point it was my best local option.

The product itself is a very lightweight fluid with a fairly strong light minty green tint. I find that if you rub this in you lose the green tones quickly, but if you spread it on the fingertips and then dab onto the skin it stays green. I dab directly onto the reddest spots and then tap whatever is left on my fingertips onto the rest of my face. You don't need a lot to get your face covered, which was reassuring when I thought I was getting barely any product for the price.

Once on, the primer sets to a satin finish and is comfortable on the skin. I find leaving it on for about 30 seconds is good enough and whatever I use over it melds well with it and then I'm back to having peachy looking skin rather than angry tomato skin.

Some of my dislikes with this is that it's pricey, I guess since other companies charge an arm and a leg for primers L'Oreal can too. I also don't like how the packaging doesn't work well with the runniness of the primer and I'm often left with green smears on the top of the pump because some product continues to come out after I've given it a very small pump. The scent is also a little iffy and with so many different silicones in here, I do wonder if it's clogging my pores or if Retin-A's purge phase is just bringing everything to the surface. I can't accurately determine the cause of that, so I won't fault the primer. That said, I do appreciate that despite my skin being in sensitive shape presently, this doesn't burn or irritate the most delicate parts of my face during this Retin-A treatment.

Overall, there might be better things out there for color correction and you do need to apply this with a certain technique to get it to work, but it gets the job done and appears to be non-irritating for the most part. I think next time around I may get something from NYX, but I won't be shelving this anytime soon and will use it until it's empty.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

first off, please stop complaining about the green tint. this is a PRIMER, it is not to wear alone. the green disappears if you throughly work it into the skin + wear foundation/powder. personally I love this primer, leaves a beautiful almost dewy finish. there are sparkles but I don't mind. makes a smooth canvas and cancels out most redness, which I have on my cheeks. doesn't mattify skin and probably isn't good for super oily skin. overall it's a great primer, especially if you have acne or rosacia or even if you hate silicone primers. wonderfully light and refreshing compared to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cailys

I love this primer! It doesn't cancel out red completely, but it definitely creates a much more neutral base for me to apply foundation. It definitely can't be worn alone, it will just make you look sickly. The consistency is pretty thin and very easy to spread. One pump is plenty for my entire face. It is pretty expensive for a drugstore brand, I think I paid about about $9.50 for it. But previously I had been using the $42 Lancome La Base Pro, so it is still way more affordable! It is pretty different from the Lancome- much less satiny, and obviously it is color correcting. I think this will be a primer I stick with for awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awful primer!! I have acne prone skin and it's very red due to my rx treatments and this primer does absolutely nothing to help my skin. it's awful to spread around and I have given it a few chances also.. And even after putting foundation on top you can still see the green tint on your face.. pretty embarrassing.. avoid at all costs..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Francescamice

I recently purchased this as i was fed up with trying to use normal concealer on my redness which is mainly around my nose and under my eyes, OMG......You have to get this! This is my HG product. I use mineral foundation and have tried to conceal with mineral concealer but it just doesnt really take away that redness. So what I do is cleanse tone and moisturise, let the moisturiser really sink in and then add a pea size amount to the area around my nose. It is also a primer so iot controls the oiliness around my t zone too.
I applied it under my mineral makeup this morning (at 6am) and iam typing this at 3pm - no oiliness, no redness just clear complexion. Iam very very pleased with this product and will be purchasing it again. Iam in the UK and this retails about £10.00. Fabulous product - really notice the difference with make up application over this too! Try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ejswan2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I walked past this product a lot when I was in the makeup aisles at the drugstore and I never purchased it because I thought it was a bit $$ for a drugstore makeup. But after a slew of photos with my face looking very red were posted on facebook, I was desperate for that never to happen again. So I bought this - and boy am I glad I did.

Let me just start out by saying *I did not like this product when I started using it.* I thought the consistency was wierd and made my skin look oddly pasty. But after I started using the
Monistat anti-chafing gel I decided one day to add a little of this product to it, and it worked out to be AMAZING. All of the red from my Irish skin: Gone.

I now understand the pricing for this as well - a little bit can go a LONG way. I just add the ever so slightest amount of the product to my fingers, along with the monistat gel, and mix it together, then apply it to my face. Then I follow up that with foundation.

I get so many compliments about my face looking "so wonderful," and best of all, I have yet to see a bad picture on facebook since I started re-using the product.